OneTwoFour's diary - cruising now...

They are fab aren't they :D

Day 17 PP

B Oatbran porridge & hemp hearts
L Pastrami and chicken
S The children's chicken nuggets.
D Going to force down an omelette if I can face it. If I can face it...

Feeling meh today. Had a late night babysitting for a friend which has left me tired.

Had a coffee with semi-skimmed milk, which I hope won't do too much damage, plus I reckon the pastrami wasn't 100% ideal, but I was a bit stuck for anything else to eat. A lesson in planning there!

Edited to add: ate the kids' chicken nuggets mid afternoon, it was good quality chicken breast in a thin light batter. Not on plan, but at least I resisted the chips!

Putting today's lapses down to experience. What did I learn? When I'm tired I can't be bothered, so I need to plan better for those days.

Last edited:
Day 18 PV/PP

B Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
B2 Scrambled egg
S Chicken breast slices
L Chicken breast slices
D Steak omlette

Today might turn in to a PP day as I'm out and about lots and portable veggies are a challenge.

My husband has noticed my success and is now keen to jump on the bandwagon. This would make life easier, I'd not have to cook three different meals!

Last edited:
Day 19 PP

B1 - galette with LF yoghurt
B2 - scrambled egg
L Tuna and cottage cheese
D Tuna and cottage cheese

Sneaked a few cashews and a couple of cocktail sausages at my kids' Xmas party, off plan but not disastrously so and TBH I'm not sweating it. I'm in charge of what I eat now and I'm not letting a little detour derail me.

Day 20 PV

B1 - eggs
B2- Oatbran porridge
L - bacon, sausage, egg and mushrooms
S- two eggs
D-

Three coffees, two pints of water

Today had to be a PV day as I've ended up doing a couple of PPs in a row due to lack of planning.

Lost another pound overnight, jeans are getting ridiculously big :)

Tried on some trews I had around the time my first daughter was born and these are now wearable. I expect they'll only last a month but it's cheaper than having to buy new ones.

Last edited:
Day 21 PP

B- Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
L - pastrami and chicken
D- Lean beefburger & egg

Didn't get around to dinner last night, was feeling meh and went to bed at 6pm. Think I'd probably eaten enough anyway.

Lots to do today, going to make a special effort to get a decent dinner in me, as the last couple of days have been a little rubbish on the eating front. It's not that I'm eating the wrong thing, just I'm not hungry so can't be bothered to force anything down.

Last edited:
Day 22 PV

B1 - Lean beefburger, egg and courgette tagliatelle
B2 - Oatbran porridge and hemp hearts
L - Chicken and pastrami
D - Steak, egg, courgette tagliatelle and broccoli

Another busy day ahead, filled with children related activities. Will need to be organised to make this a PV day.

Feeling happy and relaxed on Dukan, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. This is new territory!

Last edited:
Day 23 PP

B1 - Steak and egg
B2 - Oatbran porridge and hemp hearts
L - Turkey and egg
D -

I have got the major munchies today, can't quite identify why. I really want to go nuts and stuff my face, however I'm holding back. Having lunch early and making it big to try and satisfy myself.

tell me about "hemp hearts" please. I don't know what they are and I might be missing something tasty!

You're doing well - the little extras don't seem to have caused you problems and sent you off the rails for more, which is great. They could bring you out of ketosis and into the danger zone though so good to keep a check on them. When attending kiddie things or when there are nuts etc around, try having a chewing gum in your mouth. (it's very hard to eat around the gum in your mouth - trust me, I've tried ;)).
x

Maintainer said:
tell me about "hemp hearts" please. I don't know what they are and I might be missing something tasty!

You're doing well - the little extras don't seem to have caused you problems and sent you off the rails for more, which is great. They could bring you out of ketosis and into the danger zone though so good to keep a check on them. When attending kiddie things or when there are nuts etc around, try having a chewing gum in your mouth. (it's very hard to eat around the gum in your mouth - trust me, I've tried ;)).
x

Thanks Maintainer for looking in to my diary, pleased to get some advice and encouragement. I've definitely started Dukan with the spirit of marathon, not sprint, so the odd lapse isn't a disaster.

I do chew gum but worry about how many carbs are in that too! I guess it's likely to be less than whatever else I might snack on, so I'll do as you suggest in future.

These are the Hemp hearts that I buy. http://www.linwoodshealthfoods.com/productdetails/33/shelled-hemp.aspx. I love them on my porridge & in my salad, less for the taste and more for the texture. They also have a great ratio of Omegas, which as I'm slack about eating oily fish helps me ensure I get enough.

HTH,

Day 24 PP

B1- Eggs
B2- Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
L- Chicken
D- Chicken

Back on the wagon after last night's excursion. I thought it might be tough but it's been surprisingly easy. Think I'll do a couple of PP days to ensure I'm back in to ketosis.

I've surprised myself by returning to Dukan so easily, knowing my history with dieting it did cross my mind that I might have blown it. I think that shows that this way of eating suits me.

Last edited:
Day 25 PP

B1 Slice of chicken
B2 Oatbran porridge and hemp hearts
L Bredsaola and dried beef
D Chicken

Lost between half a pound and a pound overnight, a real bonus as I had that night off. Scales can't quite decided so I'm recording a half pound loss and I'll take the rest another day!

Edited to add: today I have spent the whole time persuading myself not to undo all my good work. I even put one of the children's chocolate buttons in my mouth and then spat it out again.

It's been a real struggle, I've resisted and been very good, but I don't understand why today has been so difficult. I want to do this more than anything, so why the self-sabotage?

Last edited:
Day 26 PV

B - chicken and egg
B2 Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
L-
D-

Going to bed early last night solved the eat fest problem I battled yesterday. Today isn't much better and it's only just past 6am! Taking each moment as it comes.

I saw a picture of a fellow Dukan-er this morning, she's looking so brilliant after 5 months. I'm going to repeatedly look at that shot for motivation.

And, thanks to friendly advice here I'm going make a new mini-goal. I'm only 4lbs away from my lowest weight this year, I aim to get there before the new year.

Back