2 tsp cumin
1tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp deseeded crushed chilli
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/4 leveltsp baking powder
salt
frylight
pinch paprika

place onion,flour,juice.ground cumin,coriander seeds,chilli,chopped coriander aznd baking powder in bowl.season with salt and add few tbsp water to form thick batter yhat coats onion.leave to rest for 15 mins. use fingers to remix it and combine thoroughly.
preheat oven 220/gas7.Line baking tray with baking parchment. Usespoon/fingers to drop small amounts of mixture onto parchment.should make 12 bhajis.
Spray with fry light and bake form15-20 mins until golden.Remove immediately from heat and serv sprinkled with little paprika.
I would spray the parchment with frylight first as I find it can stick to food.

can be frozen.:eating:

Probably in the "world foods" section of the supermarket if it has one, or the whole foods section. I am going to sainsburys tonight so I shall see where they put it!

Awesome. We are having a taster session the week after next at group, so I might do a test run before then and then take some to that!

These sounds great, I would often finish of 4 or 5 of these when having an Indian take out. I miss them so much and since joining SW not have any :-( Will give it a go with home made raita!! Thanks for the recipe! x

Me too Becky, I would eat several of them before SW. I absolutely love onion bhajis and I am definitely going to make these this week. Thanks for the recipe.

These are really nice, I make them loads but I also make them using smash when I am doing a green day - you just make up some smash with water, add a fried onion, salt & curry powder to taste, roll them into balls, spray with fry light & cook in the oven until crispy.

I can remember a old one which was Syn Free (Green).... Now lets see if i can remember it all....

Onion's, Carrots, and Sweet Potato GRATED (If you have a food blender with atachment would save hours lol )

Put into a tea towel and push all the water out of it (As dry as pos)

Add......
2 to 4 tsp of Cumin and Corriander
1 to 2 eggs (beaten together.....little bit added at a time)
Some Chilli flakes or power...

Mix all together and pat into shapes ( I used to cheat and use some egg rings and fry in pan so it would keep the shape)

I used to serve it with Chilli Yogurt ..... Yummy..... Ill see if i can find the old card..... Hope you enjoy

Made these last week and burnt them to a crisp..Eeeek
Will try this recipe and see how it goes.
Thanks

Back