Onions??

THE CRUISE PHASE

This next phase consists of two alternating diets. This is the workhorse stage where you alternate pure protein days with days when you include a delicious array of unlimited vegetables to your wide selection of meat, fish and no-fat dairy products. Expect to lose around 2lb a week.

The most efficient way to work this stage is to spend one day on the pure protein 'attack' diet (above), and the next on a protein and vegetable diet, switching between the two, one day at a time, until you reach your chosen weight.

However, some people prefer to work to a rhythm of five days of protein followed by five of protein plus vegetables, or, if you have only a little weight to lose, try two days of pure protein (say Mondays and Thursdays) with every other day protein combined with vegetables.

Now you can introduce the following vegetables - raw, steamed, boiled or baked (in foil) - with your meat or fish: artichoke, asparagus, aubergine, broccoli, cabbage (white, red, savoy, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprout), celery/celeriac, chicory, courgette, cucumber, fennel, French beans/ mangetout, leeks, mushrooms, onion, peppers, pumpkin, radish, salad leaves (lettuce/rocket/watercress), sorrel, soya beans, spinach, swede, swiss chard, tomatoes, turnip.

In principle, you can eat as many of these vegetables as you like, whenever you like, but if you want speedy weight loss, it's best not to eat vegetables with complete abandon - better to eat until you no longer feel hungry.

Carrots and beetroot are on the list too, but they are quite starchy, so avoid having them with every meal and while in this phase, steer completely away from starchy vegetables such as potatoes, rice, corn, peas, beans and lentils and avocado (it is technically a fruit anyway).

Don't worry if your weight loss plateaus occasionally on vegetable days. This is merely water levels resetting themselves. Stick with it. The weight will fall off.

... but what about on the attack phase? i could have sworn that the Attack phase in the book had recipes which contained onions! ... I's worried now :-s

on attack you can use shallots ..but for seasoning only. i.e. i would put a little in my home made burgers.

In my book there is no restriction on eggs (unless you have cholesterol probs)
There are recipes for attack phase which all (more or less) contain onions.

I wonder if the book I have has been revised? But then, if it were revised, it would indicate that on the front, wouldn't it? I am so confused!!!!

hi pj ,i think the best thing to do is listen to those who have done the diet and are still on the diet to understand ,thats why i personally would listen to the girls on this website they all seem to have a lot on knowledge !!!!

hope this helps u !!!

im sure the book says limited to 2 egg yolks per day. ill ask on the dukan site shall I?

Again ladies sorry for the delay. PJ, you are not meant to use onions only shallots like Vicky says but unfortunately i cant live without them so i used them during attack. I am not saying that this is ok but if you really cant live without them give them a try, if you stall then you know why. I had to give them up in the end but might be different for you.

Back