Online Meeting Thread - Week Three!

Bostik

Gold Member
Hey guys! Hope you've all had a good day :) Caroline's away tonight so has asked me to do the thread.

First, I'd like to point out the midweek update Caroline gave in case anyone missed the thread! We still don't have a name but it seems to be between 'Luscious Losers' and 'The Losers'! Hopefully it's decided this week!

She also named the joint Slimmers of the Week - chrissyk and vanillalou! They both lost 2lbs each last week! Well done to you both :D

How have you all been doing this week? Hope no one's struggled too much!

Weigh in - Please post your losses for the week :) If you want to be included for the slimmer of the week, you need to have posted your weight by the end of Saturday! Last week we lost a total of 11.5lbs! Well done everyone!

Challenges - How did you all do on your challenges you set yourselves?

Topic - Seeing as people have been struggling the last few weeks and probably will be soon too what with upcoming christmas do's and such, I thought we could all talk about how losing weight has helped us or why we're doing it. Anything that is motivating and will give us all a kick up the bum!

Also discuss anything else you want! :D x

Hi guys,

I lost 2.2lbs this week. I am so pleased because the last 3 weeks have been STS's.

It seems that everyone is struggling at the moment. I don't think the season helps. With the dark mornings and evenings and cold weather. I know it makes me want to comfort eat!

Managed to exercise 3 times this week, which was my challenge, so pleased about that.

Hope everyone else is OK?

hello i actually made it this week, i stayed the same this week but am having a terrible day food wise.
well done to the slimmers of the week hope everyone else had a good week.
maybe one week can some one give me some help on how to cope with my other half sabotageing (sp) me when he finds out om on a diet by buying all the things i like
thanks

Hi!!

Just a quick update as am off to see 'Breaking Dawn' in a minute :D

Lost 2lb this week which means my gain from 2 weeks ago is gone so am very happy! Did ok with my challenge to control my portion sizes but wasn't 100%. Seeing as i lost i'm not getting too upset bout it :)

Challenging myself to drink my 2ltr of water every day this week as have been slacking for a while and feel bad for it.

xx

hello i actually made it this week, i stayed the same this week but am having a terrible day food wise.
well done to the slimmers of the week hope everyone else had a good week.
maybe one week can some one give me some help on how to cope with my other half sabotageing (sp) me when he finds out om on a diet by buying all the things i like
thanks

Think you have to be strong and stand your ground. Just explain that this is what you really really want, and his help and support would make you reallly happy.
My OH used to buy me chocolate whenever I was feeling fed up, he did it out of love, but was partly why I got to this size. I explained how I felt, and he listned and understood. Now instead of sweets he buys me carrot batons and hummous!! :)

I will be in from next week as I only started this week and haven't weighed yet :) doing in on Wednesday!
I am trying to keep myself motivated by looking at the picture of my wedding dress almost daily haha. The wedding isn't until June 2013 so I have no excuse not to have lost all the weight by then!

How is everyone else doing? And what do you do at moments of weakness?

B x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Think you have to be strong and stand your ground. Just explain that this is what you really really want, and his help and support would make you reallly happy.
My OH used to buy me chocolate whenever I was feeling fed up, he did it out of love, but was partly why I got to this size. I explained how I felt, and he listned and understood. Now instead of sweets he buys me carrot batons and hummous!! :)

that is my problem i am a very weak willed person and its always the same if he gets a whiff of me dieting thats why i dont tell no one but i stupidly left out my books last night

Well I only lost 1/4lb, but not too disappointed.

Well done on everyone's losses :)

Anyone watching children in need? I love it :D

Lol I've only been on track since Wednesday so my challenge went out the window! Had a small gain of 1.2lbs which i am determined to get rid of for next week!

Well done on all your guys losses!

Think my challenge this week is to stay in my cals everyday and do week two of c25k. Got the last day of week 1 today!

I am trying to motivate myself. Get myself back on track properly. Cos i know how good I've felt having lost the weight. And i never want to get to 22 stones again :) i just know Im not ready to stop yet. And hey, nothing worth having is coming without a fight!

metrognome said:
thanks
Maybe be straight up with him. Like say i am on a diet. Please help me by not buying me my favourite chocolate. I need your help with this too. Might make him see what he's doing.

BrightonBetty said:
I am trying to keep myself motivated by looking at the picture of my wedding dress almost daily haha. The wedding isn't until June 2013 so I have no excuse not to have lost all the weight by then!

Oh wow! That would get anyone motivated!

Bostik said:
Oh wow! That would get anyone motivated!

Yeah, you say that... Motivation goes up and down. Some days I feel great, other days I kid myself thinking I have lots of time so I can afford to fall off the wagon. Now that I have found you lot I do feel more confident :)

BrightonBetty said:
Yeah, you say that... Motivation goes up and down. Some days I feel great, other days I kid myself thinking I have lots of time so I can afford to fall off the wagon. Now that I have found you lot I do feel more confident :)

There will always be days like that. But you'll get there. I keep thinking to myself do i really want this chocolate or whatever more than i want to add a week or whatever onto my goal. Works sometimes

Well done on all the losses guys I weigh in tomorrow so I'll post mine then had a few weeks of STS so hoping for a loss but I've been so bloated all week no idea what is causing that!
My challenge is to try and eat better lunches and stop hoarding calories for night snacks!

Don't really know about cooking as Im not a big cooker myself. Maybe start with easier things. Grill chicken or something. And build it up.

Snacks, i tend to get lower calorie crisps. Or at the moment I've been having houmous with carrot sticks and bread sticks. Really fills me up.

Only 1/2 for me this week but more than I deserve, can't get my head in gear lately, seen to b going off the rails at the weekend then continuing into the wk x

Yeah its something that your head really needs to be with or its even more difficult! Good luck for this week :)

Back