'Only' 1lb this week- NOT impressed!!

IrishMum

A little of everything!
I know it's still a loss, but seriously?!?! I'm getting pretty fed up now? It's like I'm somehow 'immune' to LT?
I've been following LT's advice since monday (reduce water & stopped splitting my shake), and I'm waiting on my thyroid blood results to come back. My pharmacist is baffled, and (like me) is kind-of hoping it's my thyroid acting up again? I sort of hope it is too, and that increased meds will sort out my metabolism and get me back on track? I can't do this for much longer only losing piddly amounts each week- cost and sanity wise....:cry::wave_cry:

Aw IrishMum i do feel for you, I can understand your disappointment with the small amounts of weight loss, but at least it's in the right direction :)

Maybe your meds could do with reviewing to enable better weight loss? I am also on meds for thyroid probs (after having the sub-total thyroidectomy done twice!), and my GP reviews my progress monthly now I am on LT.

Keep your chin up hun, stay strong and hopefully you will get the answers you are looking for :flowers:

Oh Irishmum i so feel for you. it must be so disheartening to be a complete angel on the diet and not show similar results to some of us. think i would have cracked by now! you are a stonger woman than I!!:patback:

when are you expecting your results back, i really hope thats the problem and you can have some higher numbers.

What are you doing in the way of exercise? and how about the number 2 department? :sick0019:

I did this diet a few years ago and i had a few weeks of 2lb losses and turned out i was a bit bunged up and didnt know! popped a dulcolax and next week was a 7lb loss??

Sxx

Thanks Nikita. My TSH levels were 6.3 last time (up from 3.19!) but my gp wouldn't adjust my meds until they'd been re-checked in 3mths, which was yesterday. This diet is my last hope, as I was under the care of a dietitian for over a year and doing everything 'right', yet I was maintaining 13-odd stone eating 1500cals a day- that's not right, even I knew that, but they couldn't recommend any changes to my diet (er...useful as a chocolate teapot!)
My GP is completely clueless when it comes to nutrition- he freely admitted I seemed to know more about it than he did, and suggested I join WW?!? When my thyroid first went haywire my TSH levels were 10.9, and he told me he 'didn't know what that meant' and would have to ask a consultant what to do. Since then I've been getting my bloods checked every 3mths and getting repeat subscriptions. No contact with him since!!
When I first contacted LT, they suggested that this could work for me in that I could lose the excess weight, then return to what I had been eating to maintain, as the thyroid problem was obviously affecting my metabolism.
I don't know...it is VERY frustrating. I had hoped this diet would be my saviour!!
Ah well...I'll stick at it for another week and see how I get on....

Is there any way you might have cut water back too far? Maybe not splitting the shakes has made a difference? As you were used to having something more regularly than 3 times a day could it be your body reacting and holding onto the weight because it thinks its not getting what its used to?

I think I would consider splitting them again. 2lb per week is a good consistent loss?

Hope you don't give up and goos luck with the thyroid stuff.x

when are you expecting your results back, i really hope thats the problem and you can have some higher numbers.

Monday or Tuesday afternoon at the latest?

What are you doing in the way of exercise? and how about the number 2 department? :sick0019:
I did this diet a few years ago and i had a few weeks of 2lb losses and turned out i was a bit bunged up and didnt know! popped a dulcolax and next week was a 7lb loss??

Sxx

The past few weeks I've had to take two doses of 2 ducolax to go at all! I seem to be immune to them too! LOL! Since I decreased my water I've gone every day or two?? Weird??

I walk 3 miles in 40mins (i.e. fast!) 3-4 times a week, but had been doing that before LT?

Is there any way you might have cut water back too far? Maybe not splitting the shakes has made a difference? As you were used to having something more regularly than 3 times a day could it be your body reacting and holding onto the weight because it thinks its not getting what its used to?
RE the shakes, hmm...I'm not sure? I'm still getting the same 'amount' of nutrients etc, just at the same time instead of twice, so not sure if it'd make a difference. I didn't understand LT's advice not to split them tbh, as I thought it wouldn't matter as long as I had them? :confused: It's something to consider though?
I'm making sure I take at least 3.5l daily, but try to make sure I get the 'full' 4.5l?

aww irish :hug99:

atleast it was a loss and not a gain!

You should stick to it though you have done brilliantly to stop your picking :clap: just wait for your thyroid results and go from there :D stay strong xxx

Thanks Summer! I have to stay focused. I'll do it as LT recommended for another week and see if I 're-adjust' a bit.

Something just happened to make me smile...I went to the loo and was able to pull my jeans down without opening them!! What a boost! LOL! I have belts on all my trousers now, and can fit into my 'small' Armagh Jersey for the game on Sunday!! WHo-hoo!!!

Now I'm looking at size 12 jeans on Ebay...I need to stop spending!!! What am I like!!!

Hi Irishmum
And here was me banging on yesterday complaining at my loss (sorry). Really sorry to hear you are frustrated. But, amazed at your sheer grit and determination...you should get a medal! Seriously! And, then you were able to finish on a positive note about your trousers.
Well done for the weight loss to date. I just keep loooking at you all and it spurs me on no end!

Enjoy the sunshine
SCOTSMIST

LOL! Irish thick wit coming through!! :eek: I figure if I do everything 'right' that it has to work in the end?
If not, I'm donating myself for medical research!:p
I have to stay positive or I'd lose the plot! ;):D

Your positive attitude is great, keep it up.

Hope they sort out all the thyroid stuff real soon for you and keep going with LT, at least you are losing and not STS or gaining. Good luck.

Something just happened to make me smile...I went to the loo and was able to pull my jeans down without opening them!! What a boost! LOL! I have belts on all my trousers now, and can fit into my 'small' Armagh Jersey for the game on Sunday!! WHo-hoo!!!

Now I'm looking at size 12 jeans on Ebay...I need to stop spending!!! What am I like!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:woohoo:

irish - do you have an asda near by? if so ive just been shopping there and their trousers are fab and very cheap! :D

Nope, but just got a pair of bnwt George jeans off EBay for 99p- result!! Just have to fit into them now :eek:...LOL!:p

bargain!!

you'll get there irish :D

Hiya!
Now I'll give you that 1lb can be considered a 'piddly' amount to lose on this - but not that 2 or 3 is which is what you've been getting up to this last WI. You are no longer obese as well don't forget - you're not going to lose it as fast! I've had 2 odd weeks were I've lost just over 1lb and yes it's disappointing but you have to take it on the chin and go boldly forth (and all that ;)) ....

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I MIGHT be (but am too lazy to search through all the old threads to check) but wasn't it you who wanted to do this because nothing else worked for you? Because all of the clubs and plans had no effect? Didn't you feel this was a sort of 'last resort'? I'm sorry if that wasn't you but if it was .... you ARE losing - maybe not as much as you'd like but you ARE losing. Something you said you hadn't done on anything else.

I appreciate it must be frustrating when you see others having big losses but (if it IS you I'm thinking of) you're not going to lose as much - I imagine for the same reason you weren't losing at all elsewhere.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I think maybe you're losing sight of the bigger picture .... ?

Okay - you can tell me to go away and mind my own business now :) xx

(PS ... Do you ABSOLUTLEY PROMISE you've knocked all that 'picking' on the head??? ;)) xx

Thanks Nikita. My TSH levels were 6.3 last time (up from 3.19!) but my gp wouldn't adjust my meds until they'd been re-checked in 3mths, which was yesterday. This diet is my last hope, as I was under the care of a dietitian for over a year and doing everything 'right', yet I was maintaining 13-odd stone eating 1500cals a day- that's not right, even I knew that, but they couldn't recommend any changes to my diet (er...useful as a chocolate teapot!)
My GP is completely clueless when it comes to nutrition- he freely admitted I seemed to know more about it than he did, and suggested I join WW?!? When my thyroid first went haywire my TSH levels were 10.9, and he told me he 'didn't know what that meant' and would have to ask a consultant what to do. Since then I've been getting my bloods checked every 3mths and getting repeat subscriptions. No contact with him since!!
When I first contacted LT, they suggested that this could work for me in that I could lose the excess weight, then return to what I had been eating to maintain, as the thyroid problem was obviously affecting my metabolism.
I don't know...it is VERY frustrating. I had hoped this diet would be my saviour!!
Ah well...I'll stick at it for another week and see how I get on....

if your GP doesn't know what it meant with a TSH of 10.9 and needed advice as to what to do! i would seriously consider changing your GP. it is very basic stuff.:confused: a tsh of 10.9 means your thyroid is underactive and it then hard to lose weight.
hope you get sorted out.

Last edited:
Hi irish mum,
Congratulations on your weigh loss, it went the right way even if you consider it small. You are fab to keep going esp with the under active thyroid. You are losing which is the main thing and hopefully things will sort themselves out once you get your results back. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
Doirin

Hi Jan- yes it was me who nothing else had worked for! And this is the only thing that is finally getting the weight off, so thanks for the virtual ass-kicking (I need that a lot...sorry!:eek:) and reminding me that I am nearly 2 st lighter than I was in the middle of March. I do need to see the bigger picture. It's just frustrating I guess? :banghead: :sigh: I don't know if I can justify spending £45 a week to lose 1-2lb? I'll stick at it until after the wedding anyway and see how I get on? My daily weigh-ins aren't being kind this week so far (I know not to pay too much attention to them though?), so I'm going to make doubly sure I get the 'right' amount of fluids- and yes- the picking has been kyboshed!! Thanks again:thankyou:

Hi Poppy- my GP was a bit taken aback with the results I think, and needed advice on what dosage to start me on? He is just a general practitioner, so I don't expect him to know all about everything iykwim, but he did say- 'Oh that'll be why you find it hard to lose weight', but that was it! LOL! I found out more online than I did off him (which is usually the case!). Anyway, my levels had been stable for over a year until lately, an if they're still high (or higher) than the last time the were checked, maybe now he'll up my dosage and we'll see if it makes a difference? :wave_cry:

Back