Smart Points Stop Dieting, Start Living

Vickylianne

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

Let me just start by saying I'm so happy Minimins has started back up again :D

My name is Vicky i'm 25, I've always been on a diet..For as long as I can remember. So this is not a diet its a change of thinking. A change for life!

A little bit about me. I work in an office so I'm not very active in my job at all. I live with my Boyfriend of almost 2 years. We don't have any children so its just us two :)

I have an underachieve thyroid..which is basically means I'm tired all the time I gain weight like nobody business, find it hard to lose weight and I'm a moody cow lol

Since the beginning of October I've been trying my hardest to lose weight. Firstly I did the Forever C9, which I lost 12lbs with.. Happy Days!
I then continued to calorie count and have been doing that since then..
However! I've only lost 11lbs in the 9 weeks since then which sucks! anyway long story short. I went for blood tests and they've upped my thyroid tablets so hopefully with my increased dose I will lose weight a little bit faster.

EXERCISE wise I do a kettle bell class twice a week and I have a personal trainer once a week which I love!
In January I plan on doing an extra kettlbells class so its 4/7 #strongnotskinny Which by the way is only 3 weeks away!

MADNESS can't believe how quickly this year has gone!

I look forward to reading all of your threads!

xxxx

Ok so following on from my essay of a back story..I "forgot" to mention that this week i have had a bit of a bad week this week eating wise...
Tonight is my christmas party with work. We're going to Las Iguanas so food, food and more food. along with the dreaded alcohol...
But I should be home by about 10 as were going out early so that means i should be ok for kettle bells tomorrow morning :)

Looking forward to getting back on track on Monday! I'm in work until 22nd so i can be on track right up until then :D

xxxx

Just popping by to subscribe.
Good luck with your weight loss journey. You sound like you have the exercise side of things well covered! :)

Thank you ladies! With christmas holidays nearly over I've feeling very full and very very fat lol!

hope you've all had a wonderful christmas, I'm going to try and do daily posts come the new year :)

Looking forward to my PT session on Wednesday & hope this will get me back on track!

xxxx

Just popping by to subscribe as joined WW online yesterday.

I am a fellow kettlebell-er :) I do a class every Tuesday before work and love it!

Hello Stranger! X

Hi,

Just popped by to say good luck!! You sound like you are off to a cracking start!! I too love kettlebells but since becoming ill I haven't been able to do any form of physical exercise....miss it like crazy!!! ......Anyway, I really look forward to following your progress :) xx

I joined weight watchers online yesterday... I've bought the fitbit scales so thought i'd just weigh myself at home on a saturday morning!.... Hope i can just stick to the once a week girlies!

Atomic! I go on a Tuesday evening! How did you get on this am??

Kettlebells int he only exercise I can say I enjoy! so Addictive! I would deffo miss it too Sarah! Thank you for the good luck wishes I will need it!!

SERENA!! Hey! How are you??

xxx

SO! I officially started back on Weight Watchers yesterday..to my dismay!
I was hoping to try calorie counting or just clean eating..but realized that was not going to work for me! I need a structured plan ... So came back to my old faithful!

How is everyone finding the new Smart Points plan??.. Not too sure how I feel about it as yet! I'm gutted that quavers have gone up to 3SP...and Freddos have gone up to a MASSIVE 5SP...I used to be able to have two for that.. I feel robbed personally!

However saying that my protein shake (which i have every morning) is 5SP when using coconut milk so I should imagine that it will be slightly less when using almond milk I will have to have a little look into it :)
AND! I am earning Fitpoints ALOT quicker than I used to earn Activity points!.. I'm looking forward to Kettlebells this evening to see how many I earn for 45 Mins of high intensity weighted cardio!
I was mega shocked to have earned 13FP yesterday for just walking around the office! I did just over 7000 steps.. so chuffed! lol

We will see how my body likes the new plan when I weigh on Saturday haha....

xxx

Just popping by to subscribe. I am also doing smartpoints. I knew what I was doing with propoints, but this is good as it gives me something to focus on. I have nopticed that all the sweet treats have gone up a lot. Probably makes sense i suppose, to push us to make healthier choices. I used to have a choc bar every day on weight watchers which is probably not a good thing!!

What we all need is lists of all the points for all the snack stuff on smartpoints. Maybe we should start putting something together?

I joined weight watchers online yesterday... I've bought the fitbit scales so thought i'd just weigh myself at home on a saturday morning!.... Hope i can just stick to the once a week girlies!

Kettlebells int he only exercise I can say I enjoy! so Addictive! I would deffo miss it too Sarah! Thank you for the good luck wishes I will need it!!

xxx

I would of loved the Fitbit Scales but couldn't afford them! Settled for an all singing all dancing WW pair instead as they were half price!

I'm good other than being back nearly to my all time heaviest

SO! I officially started back on Weight Watchers yesterday..to my dismay!
I was hoping to try calorie counting or just clean eating..but realized that was not going to work for me! I need a structured plan ... So came back to my old faithful!

How is everyone finding the new Smart Points plan??.. Not too sure how I feel about it as yet! I'm gutted that quavers have gone up to 3SP...and Freddos have gone up to a MASSIVE 5SP...I used to be able to have two for that.. I feel robbed personally!

However saying that my protein shake (which i have every morning) is 5SP when using coconut milk so I should imagine that it will be slightly less when using almond milk I will have to have a little look into it :)
AND! I am earning Fitpoints ALOT quicker than I used to earn Activity points!.. I'm looking forward to Kettlebells this evening to see how many I earn for 45 Mins of high intensity weighted cardio!
I was mega shocked to have earned 13FP yesterday for just walking around the office! I did just over 7000 steps.. so chuffed! lol

We will see how my body likes the new plan when I weigh on Saturday haha....

xxx

A Freddo is 5pp Robbed indeed!

Does 1FP convert into 1SP? X

xxx
Kettlebells is awesome. Always makes me feel strong and capable :) It's probably the first exercise I started to really enjoy, although I have to say I also adore my weekly boxing class.

Just popping by to subscribe. I am also doing smartpoints. I knew what I was doing with propoints, but this is good as it gives me something to focus on. I have nopticed that all the sweet treats have gone up a lot. Probably makes sense i suppose, to push us to make healthier choices. I used to have a choc bar every day on weight watchers which is probably not a good thing!!

What we all need is lists of all the points for all the snack stuff on smartpoints. Maybe we should start putting something together?

Hi! thanks for subscribing!!
It sucks that all the nice stuff has gone up lol.... I'm the same though I can understand why they've done it...

I think thats a good idea! there used to be one for pro points on here I'm surprised someone hasnt already done one!

I would of loved the Fitbit Scales but couldn't afford them! Settled for an all singing all dancing WW pair instead as they were half price!

I'm good other than being back nearly to my all time heaviest

A Freddo is 5pp Robbed indeed!

Does 1FP convert into 1SP? X

OHHHH JOIN THE CLUB! lol We have T-Shirts! i am heavier than my heaviest but doing something about it so thats a step in the right direction!!
I am a bit gutted about the freddo thing they were my go-to treat, but never mind!!

I think it does covert the same way activity points did.. You're not advised to eat them though unless you are in deficit.
xx

Kettlebells is awesome. Always makes me feel strong and capable :) It's probably the first exercise I started to really enjoy, although I have to say I also adore my weekly boxing class.

I agree I always feel super strong when I've finished....Boxing sounds fun! Massive stress release haha!
I do 3 kettlebell classes and have 1 personal training session per week!...I'm hoping that's enough to shift some lbs!

xx

At least they are there in case of emergencies and we know those sometimes happen when dieting! My work trousers felt looser today so that's got to be positive?!? X

Just checking in...Hope everybody is happy, healthy and staying on track! I am going to start a little list of low smart point snacks, and as soon as I have a few I will do a new post that we can all add to.

At least they are there in case of emergencies and we know those sometimes happen when dieting! My work trousers felt looser today so that's got to be positive?!? X

Yeah I guess that's right! I very rarely used my weekly or activity points on Pro Points so hopefully I should be fine!!
Congratz on the loose trousers!! whoop whoop

xx

Just checking in...Hope everybody is happy, healthy and staying on track! I am going to start a little list of low smart point snacks, and as soon as I have a few I will do a new post that we can all add to.

Feeling good! Very tired so early night for me tonight I think.. After a little bit of food shopping!

Thats a fab idea! something to use for a quick reference!
Hows your day been?

xx

I seem to remember that more was more last time so I'm trying to eat regularly but the right stuff! X

I've returned to WW online too. I was trying to just stick to healthy eating but, as you said, I need something a bit more structured.
Hope you're having a good day :)

Back