Only 2lbs per week

Gunna-make-it

I have been told by my CDC that i should be dropping 3-4lbs per week but after my initial big losses in the first couple of weeks and maintaining over christmas, I am only dropping 2lbs a week. Is this normal? I am drinking enough water and I am in Ketosis and sticking to the diet 100% - I will be trying exercise this week to see if it will increase my loss.
My CDC said it could just be my natural loss but I thought it seemed to be a bit slow...dont get me wrong, a loss is still a loss - what do you all think?:sigh:

I know exactly how you feel hun this is what happens to me. Like you said a loss is a loss and if you know you can stick with the diet for the long term keep going you're doing so well so far!;)

Hi
You may have high and low weeks
2lbs a week is till 104lbs for year which is over 7 stone
I see that you have lost 18lbs on the 4 weeks you have stuck to it which is 4.5lbs per week
If 1lb = 3500 cals thats 15750 cals per week

I also note that you are nearly at goal weight having only 11 lbs to lose you lucky person

I am in my first week and weigh in tonight so I expect to lose 10 lbs however I need to lose 5 stone so relative your 2 lb loss is same as my 10 lb loss

All the best

Cheers

James

Gunna...as has been said you are really close to your goal weight so that may be the cause of the slow down, but you might want to take yourself out for a nice long walk 3/4 times a week...clears the head, uses up calories and tones you up.

You can do it!

I reckon it could be aswell because you havent much left to lose thats why it has slowed down. i wudnt worry to much your still loosing just slower you will get there ;)

we are all different i tend to loss a pound then 3 a pound then 3 so averaging out at 2 a week which is still 2 in the right direction keep going your body needs to adjust x

I am excited still with the loss as it is still a loss. After my meeting yesterday my CDC sent me a text to say that my BMI has gone down from 29 to 26!

Your body will decide how fast it wants to release the weight. To give an example, when I was losing my weight initially my losses (if I recall correctly) 8lbs in the first week, then 4lbs forever and a day it seemed, and then for no reason whatsoever my body dumped 11lbs (more than my first week) in one week, and then went back to 4lbs again. That is the first thing - the body is a clever but strange machine.

Apart from anything else your losses come down to basic maths, physics, and facts.

First, you have a BMR (Basal metabolic Rate) that can be different for everybody. This BMR defines how many calories your body needs, in a sedentary mode, to remain at exactly the same weight. Any movement, activity, exercise increases your calorie needs.

Second, your weight loss is controlled by your calorie defecit, the difference between the calories you need to the calories you put in. Put in less than you need you lose weight. Put in more than you need you gain weight.

Third, a pound of body fact equates to approximately 3700 calories. This means that is you run at a calorie defecit of 3700 calories a week you will lose 1 pound a week.

For example, an average man needs around 2,500 calories a day. Put him on CD SS and he is getting around 500 calories, so he is at a daily calorie defecit of 2,000 calories. Over a week that is a 14,000 calorie defecit - a weight loss of around 3.78lbs .....

It could just be that your calorie defecit is a little lower. If you increase your exercise then your calorie defecit will increase, and so will your weight loss.

thanks all, I am starting to step up my exercise this week so I will let you know how I get on...I love this diet

Back