Only me in my way! VLCD

I'm sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed indeed! I'm already feeling a bit better, had my walk this morning and have had a shower and shaved and exfoliated because I'm getting a fake tan later. I don't often get them (haven't for a few years now), but when the outfit is black in summer I think I need to or I'll look really washed out. Used coconut oil mixed with sugar for the scrub and it's worked really nicely.
Wearing my new top from the charity shop today, and feeling I don't look too bad.
Hoping my new Exante order turns up today - I want something interesting to eat, only really have shakes left.
Tip on fake tan do not use oils on skin beforehand. Exfoliate the day before also. This way you avoid uneven or streaky tan x

Ok, so I was brave and asked Mr Fat Chick my start weight. Wow. I'm actually glad I didn't know, I think I would have been freaked out as I've never been that high before. Weird to think I was 5 stone heavier than I was at uni, and I spent most of my time thinking I was fat at uni.
Anyway, scales don't lie.
My next goal is the weekend of 3rd and 4th July when I have a wedding and a family lunch. I'd like to be under 13, 7 for that.
Today I've had two products so far and done a lovely 5 mile walk. Have this dinner party tonight - no carbs ,no alcohol, no problem 😁

I can relate so much to this. If only I was as fat as when I thought I was fat 🙈

well done your on the way and sound like we’re probably at a similar weight at the Moment as I would be aiming for a similar weight that weekend 😂😂

I can relate so much to this. If only I was as fat as when I thought I was fat 🙈

well done your on the way and sound like we’re probably at a similar weight at the Moment as I would be aiming for a similar weight that weekend 😂😂
Yes I think we're on the same path 😁 thanks
Good news time, my snag chub rub shorts have arrived. Just in time (they're not super speedy on delivery). I've got spanx type shorts, but I didn't want 'suck u in' ones which are incredibly uncomfortable, but more 'smooth you out' ones, and these are great. I've never suffered from chafing, luckily (although I think I was about to start having problems with it this summer), but I do like a nice pant that goes up to the bra line 😁🤣

Yes I think we're on the same path 😁 thanks
Good news time, my snag chub rub shorts have arrived. Just in time (they're not super speedy on delivery). I've got spanx type shorts, but I didn't want 'suck u in' ones which are incredibly uncomfortable, but more 'smooth you out' ones, and these are great. I've never suffered from chafing, luckily (although I think I was about to start having problems with it this summer), but I do like a nice pant that goes up to the bra line 😁🤣
Oh let me know you get on. That’s my problem with control wear I want smoothing not sucking in as then it pops out the top or the shorts roll down 🙈

Loving your diary, FC. You also made me laugh. this week I came downstairs to put on some clean trews - and just after i had put them on, noticed the window cleaner at next doors balcony ,,,,, I laughed - and he did too. He'd had an eyeful of pensioner thighs!!

I recommend avidlite adhipro. They have a 80-90 calorie one that they say use milk with. A clinic I used had them - no milk and use 5 a day, plus a salad with a wee bit of oil or green veggies. I lived on the dark choc pudding as a shake when I was on a vlcd.

Back from dinner, sober as a judge, drank flavoured skinny tonics which were nice. Dinner was delicious, curried meat, monkfish and prawns, salads. Only carby things were a puff pastry lamb parcel and a tiny rich chocolate mousse for dessert. I enjoyed it, but most of all I've enjoyed not feeling like I want to binge now. In fact, I'm annoyed we have the wedding tomorrow because I'd like to get straight back on the diet. That's a win in my book. Oooh I have a long journey ahead of me but we can only do one day at a time.

Back from dinner, sober as a judge, drank flavoured skinny tonics which were nice. Dinner was delicious, curried meat, monkfish and prawns, salads. Only carby things were a puff pastry lamb parcel and a tiny rich chocolate mousse for dessert. I enjoyed it, but most of all I've enjoyed not feeling like I want to binge now. In fact, I'm annoyed we have the wedding tomorrow because I'd like to get straight back on the diet. That's a win in my book. Oooh I have a long journey ahead of me but we can only do one day at a time.

exactly and you can hop back on tomorrow and yesterday shows you can make good choices. If you plan to drink today stay away from wine beer and alcopops. Spirits and tonic or sugar free mixer and tonnes of water!!

enjoy!!

Thanks. It helps that I have work tomorrow afternoon so drinking today isn't an option for me. I can't work with a hangover 😁

I'm mulling an idea over in my mind. I have a poor relationship with my scales. An avoidant relationship, demonstrated by the fact that for the first couple of weeks I refused to know my weight. This is because there's so much meaning in those numbers for me, far more than there should be.

Normally on here people are everyday weighers, realise this is not particularly healthy or productive and are encouraged to step away from them. For me stepping away from them is only too easy and has led to three and a half stone weight gain.

What if I used my CBT principles of 'approach rather than avoid' to take the fear out of the scales? What if I weigh every single day between now and my birthday? What if I become familiar with the daily up and down fluctuations and just record the results to see if the overall trend goes down?

Would this be damaging or helpful? Would it take the scales' power to wound me away if it became a mundane daily task?

The diet I'm on (Exante ) is such that I can't really mess around with what I eat, so I know this scale behaviour can't leave to excessive food restriction.

I want to take the meaning out of my weight. I want to break the connection between 'I'm heavier than yesterday, therefore my mood is worse today'.

I think I'm going to try this, starting from Tuesday because I don't have access to scales tomorrow and I've already had three cups of tea so far today (my constant will be first thing in morning post-wee pre-drink 😁).

This will then help when I reach goal to stay within set parameters. Hmm, that's the theory anyway.

I could set it up as a proper CBT behavioural experiment. Hmmmm, thoughts?

Thanks. It helps that I have work tomorrow afternoon so drinking today isn't an option for me. I can't work with a hangover 😁

I'm mulling an idea over in my mind. I have a poor relationship with my scales. An avoidant relationship, demonstrated by the fact that for the first couple of weeks I refused to know my weight. This is because there's so much meaning in those numbers for me, far more than there should be.

Normally on here people are everyday weighers, realise this is not particularly healthy or productive and are encouraged to step away from them. For me stepping away from them is only too easy and has led to three and a half stone weight gain.

What if I used my CBT principles of 'approach rather than avoid' to take the fear out of the scales? What if I weigh every single day between now and my birthday? What if I become familiar with the daily up and down fluctuations and just record the results to see if the overall trend goes down?

Would this be damaging or helpful? Would it take the scales' power to wound me away if it became a mundane daily task?

The diet I'm on (Exante ) is such that I can't really mess around with what I eat, so I know this scale behaviour can't leave to excessive food restriction.

I want to take the meaning out of my weight. I want to break the connection between 'I'm heavier than yesterday, therefore my mood is worse today'.

I think I'm going to try this, starting from Tuesday because I don't have access to scales tomorrow and I've already had three cups of tea so far today (my constant will be first thing in morning post-wee pre-drink 😁).

This will then help when I reach goal to stay within set parameters. Hmm, that's the theory anyway.

I could set it up as a proper CBT behavioural experiment. Hmmmm, thoughts?
That’s really interesting. I’m a daily weigher and need to weigh weekly to maintain. I’m trying to take the power out the other way by moving to 4 times a week with a view to maybe getting to twice weekly by the end of this.

I think you’ve struck an important theme there and it’s about taking control. Do you get cbt with exante? We do on lighterlife and it’s good to explore these things. I wonder if daily is too big a step for you? Do you do it 2/3 times a week or every other day ?

An interesting plan. Sounds worth doing. I am a daily weigher. and sporadic measurer by tape. Today I am a lb heavier than yesterday. I go up and down on my way down the scales. Annoying to be up 1lb today on my weekly weigh in day! I want to retain daily weighing at goal to stop the sliding stones back on.

Epic fail. Drunk as a lord last night. Poor night's sleep, poor food this morning.
Regret regretregret.
Back home now, need a sleep before work later. Don't want any more crap food. Will have one product and some eggs later today and back on it.
Didn't feel in control and I hate that feeling.
Nothing else on the horizon to scupper me so will set sail again for destination BMI Normal.

An interesting plan. Sounds worth doing. I am a daily weigher. and sporadic measurer by tape. Today I am a lb heavier than yesterday. I go up and down on my way down the scales. Annoying to be up 1lb today on my weekly weigh in day! I want to retain daily weighing at goal to stop the sliding stones back on.
Nothing more frustrating but it’ll probably be gone tomorrow 🙈

Epic fail. Drunk as a lord last night. Poor night's sleep, poor food this morning.
Regret regretregret.
Back home now, need a sleep before work later. Don't want any more crap food. Will have one product and some eggs later today and back on it.
Didn't feel in control and I hate that feeling.
Nothing else on the horizon to scupper me so will set sail again for destination BMI Normal.
But look you did it and won’t be tempted again. Hope the nap helped and back 100% today you have a goal to get to!!

Nearly recovered. Does anyone else get really sore glands round their neck when they drink alcohol or eat too much sugar? Mine are still sore today.
Will try and do some exercise this evening. Would do some this morning but the builders are here really early today! God I can't wait for when working at home on my own means in my own, and not with a noisy pack of builders drilling and banging and asking for tea!

Nearly recovered. Does anyone else get really sore glands round their neck when they drink alcohol or eat too much sugar? Mine are still sore today.
Will try and do some exercise this evening. Would do some this morning but the builders are here really early today! God I can't wait for when working at home on my own means in my own, and not with a noisy pack of builders drilling and banging and asking for tea!
Yeah wine makes me congested and swollen

Hi fat chick im on day 5, starting weight 14st 13 goal 11st 7 and I too am 40 in January,

this in 12 years is my 3rd vlcd I loose, maintain and then gain normally because of life sh*t. Two smalls 11&8

look forward to reading your journey

Back