oO~Stick to it SaDiA~Oo

oO~SaDiA~Oo

Hello my names Sadia

Im 27 and have been overweight most of my life, and it's spiraled out of control. It's started to badly effect my health and needed to make a drastic decision.

Ok so this is my 2nd diary for this diet!... I started at the end of July this year and kept a diary alongside, but that didn't last long and I ended up going awol, off and on!. Anyway finally got into gear and started again on the 5th November and this is officially the longest Iv'e stuck to the diet. Really regret allowing myself to go off so long I'd have been at my goal by now if I'd just got straight back on the horse. It's gone so fast!!! But needed to learn how to deal with a new diet plan and life which Iv'e only learnt to conquer now!

Unfourtunatly it's not been 100% all the way through, but Iv'e gotten straight back on after. My motto is to just keep at it until I get to goal and not to take slip ups so personally. The truth is iv put on at most 4lbs but it drops straight off as soon as I start again so the damage isn't all that bad. Looking back I wasn't ready to dive into it the way I did. But Iv'e learned so much through doing this

So far on the 30th November my total loss is 9lbs, which is 3lbs off my November challenge so Im really pleased. That last 3lbs should be gone by Sunday.

My next focus is xmas. I want to stay 100% until then, although there is one xmas party I really want to go to, but I'm still contemplaiting this atm.

Started 30d shred which Im really enjoying and it has also helpled with my insomnia which was the main reasons for my blips this month.

Next goal is 14lbs by 24th Dec if I am 100% to get nearer to my 2stone goal loss for this year. Then start my next goal for the new year

Last edited:
So today have had

B; Oatmeal
Lunch; Chicken breast, mushrooms,courgettes and leaf spinach and rocket salad.

Unfourtunatly this diet plays tricks on my sleeping pattern and when I have my protein meal It sends me to sleep. I'm hoping this is going to sort itself out! Iv'e had a brief encounter with this in the past when I put weight on ironically.

After my *nap* I had the vanilla shake and in the next hour plan to have another shake.

I stick to shakes when it's this late in the day/night.

Not shredding this weekend. Hopefully will get to review this on monday.

Had my last shake hazelnut over an hour ago now, Should prob try and get back to sleep, I don't want to become nocturnal.

Day 28 today, had a sneeky on the scales! When I wasn't supposed to. Iv'e made a 11lbs loss. I made a promise to myself to loose 12lbs in November and if I make 12lbs by Monday then thats only 2 days off target with a few slip ups. So really chuffed atm!

Day 28: Done! 100% not felt as hungry today or deprived altho I had a few quick naughty flashes of cheat thoughts cross my mind :whoopass:

But I just ignored it. The only good thing at the moment is that I'm sleeping so well on this diet im just needing to sleep mid way through the day too usually after my meal. Today I decided to have my protein meal alot earlier and it seemed to work. Didn't feel sleepy until about 7pm. So went for a *nap* only the nap again turned into a full blown sleep woke up at 2am and now it's 4am and im ready for sleep, hopefully i only need a few more hours then going to try and shread.

B: oatmeal
L: chicken, mushrooms,courgettes with tomato chill pack
D: chocolate waffer

I dont think iv'e had enough water today it's prolly about 2l at the most. So need to keep that in mind for tommorow. Also seem to be drinking less and less coffee as the days go on. I think that was tied with my smoking which iv'e also decided to change!

I decided today that I should go to this xmas party on the 13th. It's with uni mates which I havn't seen since before June. There all in China now the lucky sods and I want to see what they all got up to. Not decided how i'm going to do this it's going to be alchol infused but I dont like the idea of having to knock myself out of ketosis as i will be again for xmas.

Need to decide by the end of the week on what i should do. Iv'e been quite anti-social on this diet but it's really not bothering me just yet!

Right off to dream about kfc now :p haha

Thanks, Bananas, It's ok but I'm really bad at making decisions :( that's why I think I find it easy to just to ingore it. I don't feel like Iv'e lost enoug to come of plan just jet but I'm hoping by my next weigh In I can make a decision.

Ok so got up at half 8, have to go out this morning and wont be back until afternoon, so not had chance to shred yet! Have got a really sore area on my tummy, like a rash, had it the last few days and I really hoped it would have gone by now but it's not :( despite taking a fair few ibuprofen. So moving is aggrevating it more. Going to get back this afternoon and see how I feel. Really want to get back to it. Also contemplaiting c25k I really want to become a runner now I like the idea. Plus there is plenty of challenges to keep me motivated. I want to run in the race for life next year hopefully.

Anyway I should go. Wish i'd kept a diary going it's great to get these thought out once again hehe.

Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited:
Day 30! omg, The time really flies when you get into the swing of things on this diet.

Had a good day 29 yesturday felt very pro-active. and it's leaked into today.

When I realised it was day 30 I immediately started thinking about food to treat myself arggh!

Why do we do it to ourselves!

Not had brekkie yet. got up and shredded was a really good shred aswell. Feel myself getting stronger. Followed by a full house clean and shower. Now ready for brekkie before getting on with uni related work.

Feeling really hungry now. So need to get my 1st pack in soon before I do cave!!

B;Oatmeal and coffe and water yummm!!!

About the rash...have you taken piriton? Have you been holding a hot water bottle against you to aid the vlcd freezingness? I keep falling asleep hugging my hot water bottle and waking up with heat rashes! Oops. If it gets worse get it checked out...

Well done on day 30, we are so used to treating ourselves with food its a very hard habit to break. In fact will it ever be broken?? As i said in my diary my treats are now pampering treatments so pick something you like and go enjoy it :).

Hope you make your decision, I've turned down quite a few social things recently and it is quite sad but know I wouldnt have had the willpower to not break the diet. The days off this month are well planned in advance though so I feel a bit different about them x

I'm feeling ill today. Yesturday started off so promising until around 3pm got a un-expected visit from a friend who I havn't seen in a few weeks so didnt get what I had planned done. To top it off family were putting me off. Anyway not sure if it's connected but I ended up waking up this morning with heart palpitations, when I am still it is fine but when I stand up or move around it feels like my heart is going to push its why through my chest or back. I read it has something to do with low sodium diets. Which might be the case. My mum thinks it's because I over think things and it's in my head!

I also had half a cig last night because family were pissing me off. So i wondered if this had something to do with it as Iv'e not smoked in about a month and I do feel my body has adjusted quite quickly.

I favor the cig and diet theory. So hoping it eases off throughout the day if not gonna have to go see a proffesional.

Booo

Just wanna sleep today. :cry:

oO~SaDiA~Oo said:
I'm feeling ill today. Yesturday started off so promising until around 3pm got a un-expected visit from a friend who I havn't seen in a few weeks so didnt get what I had planned done. To top it off family were putting me off. Anyway not sure if it's connected but I ended up waking up this morning with heart palpitations, when I am still it is fine but when I stand up or move around it feels like my heart is going to push its why through my chest or back. I read it has something to do with low sodium diets. Which might be the case. My mum thinks it's because I over think things and it's in my head!

I also had half a cig last night because family were pissing me off. So i wondered if this had something to do with it as Iv'e not smoked in about a month and I do feel my body has adjusted quite quickly.

I favor the cig and diet theory. So hoping it eases off throughout the day if not gonna have to go see a proffesional.

Booo

Just wanna sleep today. :cry:

I got palpitations and racing heart after Atkins diet,so I'm on beta blockers,doctor said it had nothing to do with Atkins but its started playing up a bit on this too,my dr reckons its stress,and you sound pretty stressed out so id try not to worry about it,I think its a combination,hope you're feeling better soon hun xx

I think It may be stress and the diet combined, Im not going to think about it, just going to take it easy today. Thanks hun xXx

Ahhh sorry guys! if my last post sounded a bit foul! I realised after my wording could have been a little better!! .. eeek! ...Feeling a little better now. Never felt like that in my life and it was really scary. Up until today I thought axiety related symptoms were caused from over reaction and was usually exagerrated, but I genuinely didn't feel any different. Maybe I need to work on relaxation techniques now. I know any diet causes yourself stress but not in the way we imagine.

Yesturday was a great tester maybe I dont usually go for food to deal with stress like i thought I did?

Although I had a mild craving for a cigerette I held out for hours and when it came to being offered one I only managed a few drags!..

Im convinced it was that fatal error that has caused this as it was also just before bed and I went to sleep with a foul mood aswell.

Big learning curb. Xmas list aeromatherapy kit yay

x

oO~SaDiA~Oo said:
Ahhh sorry guys! if my last post sounded a bit foul! I realised after my wording could have been a little better!! .. eeek! ...Feeling a little better now. Never felt like that in my life and it was really scary. Up until today I thought axiety related symptoms were caused from over reaction and was usually exagerrated, but I genuinely didn't feel any different. Maybe I need to work on relaxation techniques now. I know any diet causes yourself stress but not in the way we imagine.

Yesturday was a great tester maybe I dont usually go for food to deal with stress like i thought I did?

Although I had a mild craving for a cigerette I held out for hours and when it came to being offered one I only managed a few drags!..

Im convinced it was that fatal error that has caused this as it was also just before bed and I went to sleep with a foul mood aswell.

Big learning curb. Xmas list aeromatherapy kit yay

x

Babe, moan and be negative all you want if it gets you through it,also after your post earlier and me telling you my experience with racing heart and palpitations I googled "racing heart and diets" and most of the threads I found were to do with vlcds and Atkins,so there's defo a connection and you being stressed wouldn't of helped,don't be so hard on yourself with the smoking and dieting,I know I wouldn't be able to do both so you're doing amazing! Have a nice hot bubble bath and try and relax! Well done and keep it up xx

Back