Oooooh I was angry today...

jeffreysdriver

Had a run in today with the local Iceland delivery driver. I was driving past him and he pulled away without checking his mirrors and nearly went into the side of me. Thankfully he heard my horn and stopped but I was shaking and sooooo angry!!!

Anyway, it turns out he was delivering to my next door neighbour - so I poked my head out the door and asked him (politely) if he'd mind checking his mirrors next time he pulled away as he nearly knocked into me. And...

Nothing. He ignored me!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

So says I - EXCUSE ME... Would you please remember to check your mirrors next time you pull away as you nearly went into me, and i'm sure you don't want that to happen again. Still nothing. So says I - Do I even get an apology??

He turns round and, in the most sarcastic voice i've ever heard, says: sorry. Then gets on with it.

So I phoned Iceland and complained about him.

Oooooh I was right angry so I was.

Good for you complaining! My fiance's a lorry driver and comes home spitting feathers sometimes about the behaviour of some of the other lorry drivers and van drivers. x

Yes, you did the right thing complaining. It could be a kid on a bike next time.

Your complaining might just make him sit up and think .

Well done for saying something! I would have been really annoyed at that, especially if he ignored me twice and then gave an insincere apology!! Git!!X

I would've complained. I have no patience so wouldn't have repeated it twice. Once is enough - no answer - on the phone. Rudeness.

I see so many of these supermarket home delivery drivers that are just out of school and don't give a toss about how they drive.

I'd report him to Iceland, head office not the local branch.

this has happened to me before too. i'd suggest head office rather than your local iceland, since they won't listen or do anything unless they are higher up. they gave me a £15 pound voucher off next time i ordered off of them. not that i did in the first place LOL. but it goes to show what a complaint can do.

You have every right to complain as he was very rude. We all make mistakes but he should have had the grace to apologise sincerly and admit he was in the wrong

My DH is a lorry driver and he sees some terrible sights on the road just from careless driving.

Well done for complaining - most folk I know complain to the wrong people and then when I say did you complain to the company they say no. I seem to be surrounded by folk that just don't want to 'rock the boat' grr. Quite happy for others to do it for them tho! :rolleyes:

Well done for complaining - most folk I know complain to the wrong people and then when I say did you complain to the company they say no. I seem to be surrounded by folk that just don't want to 'rock the boat' grr. Quite happy for others to do it for them tho! :rolleyes:

LOL that sounds like something chief wiggum would say. "why is everyone calling me about their problems? no one tries to fight crime themselves anymore" hehehe

Back