OOOPSIES !!

I'm trying the egg custards tonight when I've got some more milk.... the recipe in the book is a bit different from Jo's, is this due to trial and error with the original recipe?

Last edited:
What's the book recipe? I do remember adding milk to mine cos my ramekin dishes were half empty! I didn't add eggs though (same comment as higher - too many eggs already in my diet!!).

I think there's a lot of trial and error and personal taste involved in most of Dukan's desserts... some people love the lemon moist cake but I thought it horrid!

I'm trying the egg custards tonight when I've got some more milk.... the recipe in the book is a bit different from Jo's, is this due to trial and error with the original recipe?

make jo's it's a lot better !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainer
Baked egg custard - ok Attack - makes 6 little ramekins - bake in medium oven, 20-30 mins to your taste, Gas Mark 4-5, 180° in bain marie (fill a tin with water, and place your ramekins in same)

4 eggs, 650-700ml skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons sweetener, 1 tablespoon instant coffee (or perhaps vanilla pod?)

In a bowl, break eggs, and mix with half the milk, the sweetener and your flavouring (no need to dilute the instant coffee).

In a measuring jug, warm remaining half of milk in microwave for 1 min. Then pour your egg mixture into jug. Pour into ramekin dishes. Bake.

TIP - if you like a "skin", accidentally (on purpose) "forget" them in the oven for a few hours after you've turned your oven off...

LOVELY!

<ran upstairs to fetch book>...

5 eggs
1 fresh vanilla pod, split lengthwise
375ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

preheat the oven to Gas Mk 2.

Beat the eggs in a large bowl.

Scrape out the inside of the vanilla pod and add this and the bean to the milk.

Heat the milk without letting it boil.

Remove the vanilla pod, and slowly pour the hot milk over the eggs, adding the vanilla extract and ground nutmeg.

Pour the mixture into a souffle dish, or into individual ramekins.

Grate the nutmeg over each one.

Place the souffle dish or ramekins in a large baking dish, fill three-quarters of the way up with boiling water.

Bake in this bain-marie for 30-35 minutes.

Allow the custards to cool in the bain-marie for 2 hours before serving.

Last edited:
lol i thought i was confused :D

i dont use a vanilla pod but 1 tablspoon of vanilla flavoring and nutmeg on top yum

i followed jo's

4 eggs
650/700 ml milk
2 tablespoon sweetener
1 tablespoon vanilla flavouring ,i dont like coffee

nutmeg for top

easy lol :D

Skimmed milk hein?

Back