oopie rolls? yes please

mollyc

ive been reading a few threads and i have seen a few references to oopie rolls and had been a bit confused cos i thought we werent aload bread. then i read its not actually bread and i saw i picture of them and they look yummy. can anyone tell me how they are made plllllz

Hiya

Preheat oven to about 150 deg

Seperate 4 egg yolks, and mix in about 1/4 of a 200g pack of cream cheese. I also put in about 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix until it's smooth

In another bowl, put in the egg whites from the 4 eggs and about 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar. whisk until whites form a peak.

Slowly fold in the yolk mix to the whites - don't do this too fast.

The mixture shouldn't be liquidy, if it is the next step will be difficult.

Grab a spoon and make a few mounds of the mixture on a baking tray. On mine I comfortably made 4. The mixture should make 6.

Whack it in the oven for 30 minutes. When time is up, take them out and allow to cool.

thanks neen ill try ive it a go wish me luck people. ya ive been looking throu some when i get a chance theres some fab stuff. im not much of a cook but ill be having a go

Go for it, Molly - when I started on Atkins, I could use a microwave and that was it, now I'm cooking everything from scratch :)

oh nice this diet really is a life changing thing isnt it lol

It most certainly is Molly....get looking at the recipes & just give them a try. Good luck :D

I have oopsies as rolls, but also with cream and chocolate if i fancy something sweet. I just make my oopsies as normal, and add the splenda and cocoa to the cream - im too lazy to make two seperate batches of oopsies! lol!

i discovered these the other day. i made a batch using a hand whisk and it was just runny. went to Argos yesterday and got their value electric whisk for £4.49 and now they are perfect.

next stop is a cheap argos deep fat fryer so i can make celariac chips and have it with chicken curry (pataks of course)

I was about ready to chuck atkins but now i can have bacon butties, cheeseburgers. now im enjoying the food and losing weight. 2lb since monday already

my life would be empty without bread.

Claire cat im so happy to see ur post

i better explain why. i love chocolate and i just need the taste every now and then. i have added some low carb coco to cream before to make a mouse but the idea of it in a roll/ pastry is so yummy.

I am going to have to give things like this a go. I really want to have more variety of things now. I do love Atkins, so want to be able to make it work over the long term (even longer term than the amazing amount of weight I have to lose lol)

i better explain why. i love chocolate and i just need the taste every now and then. i have added some low carb coco to cream before to make a mouse but the idea of it in a roll/ pastry is so yummy.

Hiya

Have you tried the Atkins chocolate bars? There's one in particular which is on sale at Boots at 80p~ (thanks to the thread posted the other day) and believe me, it's good.

I buy asda's own cocoa - 0.3g per rounded teaspoon. I buy thick double cream and mix a spoonful, or two of cocoa and a teaspoon or two of splenda to it and just mix it.

Its just the smalled tub of thick double cream from asda, think its about 200ml or something. So the whole thing is probably about 6g carbs or something like that. Its even good to just eat off the spoon!

EDIT: Just had a thought. I buy the co-op's own 80% dark chocolate which is about 8g per half bar - i reckon a square of two of that melted and added to the cream might be really lush. Need to buy cream now to check!!!

Last edited:
Back