Oops- bad day for Dukan!

krazykik

Finally gave into temptation today ( I work in a sweet shop!) and ate a good bit of chocolate (packet of giant buttons, a bar similar to Rocky bars, a Freddo and some freckles- chocolate discs covered in 100s and 1000s) Felt really sick after cos I literally ate them in the space of 5 minutes, went shopping after and remained on track, went in and got the chicken I needed and that was it, funnily enough it wasn't more crap food I was craving, it was fruit and bread but wanna stick with this.........I don't think I'll do it again, I am glad I got back on track instead of today being a total write off but my main concern is that whenever I get close to TW I seem to get complacent and relax and before I know it I'm getting further and further away from the goal, anybody else find the same? Any tips for staying on track? Am concerned that once I get to Conso I'll relax and lapse into bad habits........

Thanks for reading!!!

Last edited:
I'm a big believer in the existence of self sabotage. It's like we get scared of our end goal because what will we do then? Will it change who we are? How will you manage without the comfort blanket which is a diet? No boundaries is quite scary...

But I wouldn't beat yourself up over a bit of chocolate and writing down how pants it made you feel can only help. I'm trying to quit drinking permanently because i have no self control. When I fancy a drink I imagine how sick I know it'll make me feel and the craving seems to go. Someone once told me to imagine food as solid fat, personally the idea of biting into a lard block is not as appealing as a chip?

Hey there, tomorrow is another day. Just remember how guilty and sick you felt after scoffing the choc and try to remember that feeling should there be another time. Good luck, Saska x

Put today behind you, there are always going to temptations and I defy anyone not to have at least one cheat. Well done on keeping to track for the rest if the day.

Ah thanks everyone, hmmm dreamt about chocolate all last night!! Glad I wrote it down here, at least I'm facing up to oit! No more choc til Christmas- will allow myself a little indulgence then! Today is a new day and am 100% back on track!!

Jeniferous think you could be right about the 'security blanket' of a diet....it is hard but gonna get there ansd stay there this time round!!

It must take a lot of self control working in a sweet shop.....I'd be picking all day esp white chocolate sweets and anything with nuts in so good on you for resisting! Saska

Yesterday was another bit of a disaster to be honest, ate all round me and then hd to stay back late and was picking at crisps etc. Anyway _______________ thats me drawing a line under the whole thing was very good today (was not easy at all) but had myself prepared had a little mantra in my head that I kept repeating to myself when temptation rose 'size 8- 8 stone' is my goal so that was my mntra worked for today nad will hopefully get me through! Am watching Jamie's 15 min meals now salivating at everything!!! Think I need to start a diary soon, have my next weigh in on Saturday so it will be interesting and scary to see how much impact two days of silliness will have!

Kik yes start you diary it does help you become accountable for what you eat writing it down makes it real...if you know what i mean xxx

i watched jamie tonight and actually made the jerk sauce for chicken....minus the flour and avocado of course lOL.

Finally gave into temptation today ( I work in a sweet shop!) and ate a good bit of chocolate (packet of giant buttons, a bar similar to Rocky bars, a Freddo and some freckles- chocolate discs covered in 100s and 1000s) Felt really sick after cos I literally ate them in the space of 5 minutes,
Kikikikikikiki, sorry I had to laugh! Did you really eat them? Well I am jealous, because the thing I miss most is chocolate and i think when I conso every gala meal will end with a chocolate pudding! Yesterday went to tesco and thought to myself 'I am going to cheat' so I went browsing in the chocolate isle! :D Settled for a Green and Blacks 60% cocoa dark with ginger. Got home, thought better and gave it to hubby!! :D Thought I would just rub in that you cheated and I didnt!!!!!!! :D:D

LOL becca, good girl.

I have still got three boxes of chocs in the house from other people, two of them are being saved the other is for OH and DD but they haven't clicked yet LOL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I gave in last weekend and had a day off plan. I didn't go mad - I certainly used to eat more pre-Dukan but it was enough to make me feel really guilty and cross with myself and enough to put on 7lb overnight!!! (That makes it sound like I had a major pig out but it really wasn't! Soooooo not worth a 7lb gain!!) I have spent this week on track trying to get rid of it and have only managed to get 5lb of it off!! I was annoyed with myself but I will carry on and stick with the plan. On the plus side I am still a lot lighter than I was a month ago.
I'm also not going to change my ticker or my statistics as I will weigh less next week!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I gave in last weekend and had a day off plan. I didn't go mad - I certainly used to eat more pre-Dukan but it was enough to make me feel really guilty and cross with myself and enough to put on 7lb overnight!!! (That makes it sound like I had a major pig out but it really wasn't! Soooooo not worth a 7lb gain!!) I have spent this week on track trying to get rid of it and have only managed to get 5lb of it off!! I was annoyed with myself but I will carry on and stick with the plan. On the plus side I am still a lot lighter than I was a month ago.

I'm also not going to change my ticker or my statistics as I will weigh less next week!!!

This is what's so frightening and how the lbs come on....before Dukan days if I had a good eat out at the weekend booze etc I'd be good say on the Monday but then eat out big time the next weekend and the lbs come on and stay on. Good job you are on the case and the extra 2lbs will be gone soon and you will just carry on as before. Good on you girl and good luck, Saska

Omg! The same happend to me! I had a slip up fri and It was nothing like I would do before dukan and I put on 2lbs overnight. But I haven't been able to get it off yet will wi tomorrow. It's soooo scary at just how quickly it goes back on and I'm so am at myself for bu**ering it up. It just don't want to fail like I have before :(

Think we need a confession thread lol...I was craving nuts last night and after circling the cupboard 100 times I scoffed some and they were delicious but then the guilt afterwards was not :cry:

kaynnate- you're right it is scary at how quick the weight can go back on, guess Dr. Dukan is right we don't own our new weight yet!!!!

saska- yep a confession thread would be handy alright but we're only human at the end of the day!!!!

Thanks again for all the support and advice to everyone in this and my other threads, I have decided to hang up my dukan boots for now, I really had hoped to see it through but I have become so unbelievably bored and all willpower/motivation has gone and I really really miss fruit!!! Am going back to WW ways and I will see 8 stone hopefully by early 2013, good luck to everyone on the rest of your Dukan journeys I'll still read many of yer posts and diaries :D

kaynnate- you're right it is scary at how quick the weight can go back on, guess Dr. Dukan is right we don't own our new weight yet!!!!

saska- yep a confession thread would be handy alright but we're only human at the end of the day!!!!

Thanks again for all the support and advice to everyone in this and my other threads, I have decided to hang up my dukan boots for now, I really had hoped to see it through but I have become so unbelievably bored and all willpower/motivation has gone and I really really miss fruit!!! Am going back to WW ways and I will see 8 stone hopefully by early 2013, good luck to everyone on the rest of your Dukan journeys I'll still read many of yer posts and diaries :D

Tons of good luck.....the change might just do you good. Take care, Saska x

Aw bless you hun, I hope you manage to find the right path to follow to reach that magical 8st. good luck x

Back