Oops, is it a major set back?

I'm 8 weeks in on SS and exactly 2 stone down. I've been doing really well and have stuck to the plan 100%, however for some reason today I started craving food..........so I had some cheese and some ham! I'm worried that I've really messed up and that this may make me gain weight.
I'm not sure why I started craving, it's not totm, I'm still in ketosis and I've had around 4litres of water!

There'll be something that triggered that eating thought though you may not remember what it was. There always is.

Yes, you'll stay in ketosis eating those foods but remember that ketosis is not your main aim with this diet - that's just a fortunate side effect. VLCDs are all about keeping calories low (the clue's in the name).

Neither of those were great choices - too many calories and salt in the cheese and too much salt in the ham (there's a reason neither of those foods are on the SS+ list).

The good news is, you won't have done any lasting harm. But try not to do it again - and if you do get the urge, pop out to the supermarket and stock up on foods from the SS+ list.

Oh - and well done on the 2 stones down! :clap:

Thanks for the advice Lily, unfortunately they were the available foods in the fridge, thankfully it wasn't bread or crisps that I had. I will deffo take your advice next time.........although hopefully there won't be a next time!

Back