Operation 24to12 Day 1

ellietoobig!

And so it starts, my journey from being the size of a house to my ultimate goal of being fitter and healthy. Yes, Im a size 24 and am aiming for size 12 or whatever feels right when I get there!

Ive dabbled with vlcd before, obviously not successfully or else I wouldnt be here again! I know what to expect in the first few days and weeks, but this time seems different for me. This is the right time for me.

Ive used all the "reasons" for not sticking to it, but ultimately who is the one who pays, who is the one remaining morbidly obese and desperately unhappy? Well me of course!!

Im not telling anyone Im doing it, had enough of the negative comments before, and this diet is hard enough to do without any other pressure.

Im so pleased to have found slim & save. Its great to have a meal to look forward to at the end of the day, mind you I Love the shepherds pie, I could have that for breakfast too!!

Im joing the gym in a few weeks time, just for some gentle excerise to help me along.

I hope to be online most days to update, Im going to be here for a long while, Ive got sooo much weight to get rid of, but I know I can.

Think Im going to steal Nike's logo and have "just do it" as my mantra!!

Good luck to anyone just starting, its not easy but it will be worth it xx

Good luck ellie! You may want to write a diary or blog on here to keep you going. I started one when I restarted after having a planned break and it helps me to keep on track knowing that I will be 'watched' ;). This site can also help to support you if you're having a rough day.

I started at size 22 and in the morbidly obese category and am now in a size 18 and in obese category 1. I know exactly how you feel about being unhappy with your size. I've lost 2 and a half stone so far and feel much better already.

Good luck Ellie, i too am starting the diet today.
you sound like you are in a positive state of mind which is great.
i understand what you mean about not telling people, they tend to give you that look of maddness, yet they also tend to be the same people that inform you of your weight!
i think this site is great and really encouraging.
i am only weighinh myself monthly as i figure this will help me to stay committed on a montlhy basis.
Good luck to us all!

Well, so much for my new start and enthusiasm, I ended up in hospital the same day. Not for anything diet related, but had the worst asthma attack in a long time.
Am home now, but with loads of extra meds to take and am still poorly, just hoping I dont have to go back into hospital.

So whilst Im recovering Ive got strict instuctions to wait till I start vlcd again.
Hopefully this time next week I will be well enough to begin.
Am not a happy bunny, but at least Im at home and I am going to start the diet as soon as I can.

Operation 24 to 12 Mis-start!!

Well, so much for my new start and enthusiasm, I ended up in hospital the same day. Not for anything diet related, but had the worst asthma attack in a long time.
Am home now, but with loads of extra meds to take and am still poorly, just hoping I dont have to go back into hospital.

So whilst Im recovering Ive got strict instuctions to wait till I start vlcd again.
Hopefully this time next week I will be well enough to begin.
Am not a happy bunny, but at least Im at home and I am going to start the diet as soon as I can.

Hope you feel better soon. It's definitely not a good idea to start this sort of diet when you've been unwell. Hope you feel able to try again soon. xx

Back