Operation Bridesmaid Aug 2013!

starburst85

Hello all!!! I did have a diary on here a wee while back but loads of drama in my work life happened and the whole diet thing fell by the wayside for a while. Luckily I didn't have a large gain when I finally decided to get my bum in gear and take it seriously again. I gained 6 lbs all over the month of December. I have now taken 4 lbs of that off in the past 2 Weeks which I am soooo happy about. However it was the hubby's 30th birthday yesterday so I was off plan in a amazing fashion last night with an Indian for dinner and a large wedge of choc Birthday cake. (its a good job birthdays only happen once a year lol) As it was the hubby's birthday his parents have booked us to stay away for the weekend so hopefully the damage isn't too bad on Monday (weigh in day).

I have a few reasons to lose weight this year:

1. Being my wee sisters Bridesmaid in August:
I don't want to look like a blimp beside my other sister who are bridesmaids as well. I have always been the biggest of all us sisters. I am a size 18. but my sisters are 14's and a 10. I know I will never be a 10, but i don't want to stand out in the pictures as the fat one I would love to be a 14 the same as the other 2 by then. Do able?? I hope so!!!!

2. Going to Barcelona in March:
I am going to Barcelona with my hubby, sister and brother in law for 5 nights in March. While I am looking forward to getting away I am not looking forward to usual problems that come with going away. The legs rubbing together in the heat, looking like a big sweaty mess in the pictures, being the one who always takes the pictures and doesn't want to be in them, getting tired quicker than everyone else from the heat and carry my large ass about lol!! Then the last problem squeezing yourself into a airplane seat beside a stranger who you think you may be squashing. I feel I may have left it too late to improve this any lol!!!

3. Not being the parent who sits on the sidelines.
I don't want to be the parent who just sits there at sports day. I want to have the confidence to get up and take part. I don't want to be a large mummy. I want to be a Yummy Mummy!!!

4. Get a great fancy dress costume.
Bit early I know but I am sick of always being something stupid cause fat costumes are so boring lol!!!

The diary helped to keep me in line before so hopefully it will do the same now.

Today I've got up and got organised. Took the wee man to school. I am on leave from work until Tuesday. I seem to struggle most while on leave. I think its because when in work I can only eat what I bring with me to eat.
Our electric is off in the street today while the upgrade the cables so I'm gonna walk the dog. Then go to the shops for a while. Nightmare you don't actually realise how much you need/use it till you don't have any.
I am going to my brother in laws house for a drink tonight for the hubby's. I'm not even joking this must be the most celebrated birthday ever. That's men for you though any excuse lol! So I'm gonna bring a bottle of vodka as I supposed it is the lowest syns option. I will then try and have no syns in my food for today.

Today I will have:
Breakfast - activia yougart, 2 hifi light bars (hxb) an orange.
Lunch - carrot soup with 3 black pepper ryvita (hxb)
Dinner - maybe more soup or might change this

Last edited:
Ok so maybe not such a great week to start a diary with the husbands 30th birthday this week but i guess this is just normal life and things get in the way. A wee weekend break away with the hubby for his 30th this weekend. Thank god this is the last of the things that can derail my weight loss journey for a while. I am sick of yo-yoing up and down with the weight loss. I have nothing planned now till i go to Barcelona in March. So after this weekend i am drawing a line under it all and getting back to basics. I am prepared for gain this week and know excatly how to get it off again. I will get another stone off for going to Barcelona. Sorry guys for the rant but had to get it out of head lol!!!!

Last edited:
My meals for today are:
Breakfast - hifi light and a banana
Lunch - potato and leek soup homemade. With an activia yougart.
Snack - cuppa and a hifi light bar
Dinner - chicken in garlic sauce (from the butchers not sure of syns but I'm sure it's not over my remaining 13 syns and don't plan on having anymore today), with sw chips and veg. 1 tbsp of salad cream at 2syns.

Last edited:
Only a quick post heading out with my chum tonight to the theatre to see fifty shades of red white and blue. Should be great craic. Had the most amazing burgers or dinner tonight they were awesome. So far so good 2full days back on plan. Go me lol

My meals for today are:
Breakfast - 2 bacon, 2 eggs, and smash potato bread. (1 syn for brown sauce)
Lunch - leek and potato soup ( 3syns for 2 ryvita) orange
Snack - hifi light (3 syns) and an orange
Dinner - hxb whole meal bap burger extra lean mince with a babybel light (2 syns) in the middle, chilli flakes and jalapeños. With onions and mushrooms. Sw chips and peas. 3 tbsp of ketchup (3 syns)

Total 12 syns.

Well the trip to theater was a pure laugh. Just what the doctor ordered. I even managed to be good I only had a cup of coffee all night so go me!!! I was well proud of myself there was all sorts of goodies on offer but I knew that i had already had enough syns for the day so I refrained. I don't have too much planed for the rest of the week now, highly exciting life I lead lol. The hubby is on nightshift at the moment so this is proving to be a new challenge in itself. As after I put my wee boy to bed I sit there thinking about all the bad food in the cupboards I want to eat. In the past few nights I have taken to painting my nails and watching trashy t.v to occupy myself.

Today my meal plan is:
Breakfast - Activia, Orange Hifi light (1/2 HXB)
Lunch - Leek and potato soup an apple and Hifi light (1/2 HXB)
Dinner - Chicken curry all made fresh with no syns and rice.

So far no syns today but may add a wee treat later.

Had a blip last night which wasn't as bad as it could of been I suppose. I changed my evening meal plans to quorn chili as the husband had used all the chicken I had left out for dinner by the time I got home from work. So I just made a big chili with quorn mince and lots of veg and I had it with rice. The hubby and son got a Chippy for there dinner so I had about 3/5 of a chip and that is being over generous with my guess so I worked out the syns to be 10.5. The hubby then made some garlic pizza bread which i worked out to be 5.5 syns. So my day went from being syn free to being 1 syn over :( so i'm well raging with myself.

I hate that I let myself be so easily lead by what the boys in my house are having. I have no will power. That's why I do most of the cooking so I know what we are having and if I cook then i know its all good and what is in it. When the hubby cooks he has a habit of putting in naughty things without realising such as oil instead of frylite just force of habit I suppose.

Today's Meal plan:
Breakfast - Activia, Hifi light bar (1/2 HXB) and an apple.
Lunch - Baked potato with left over chili and an orange
Dinner - potato cubes with bacon, chillies, mushrooms, onions, peppers and peas with a big al's chicken (4.5syns) and 3tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (4.5syns) vegetables

Total syns 9

Last edited:
Its one of those slow days in work were all I want to do is eat. I have a job that solely depends on the phones ringing. So if no one rings in with faults then I cant do anything which can be very boring at times. These are the times I just want to pick and eat all round me lol!!! There is only so much one person can look at on the internet all day lol. We are all being redeployed in office as they are splitting our services, which is great for me because I am moving on to a really busy office where I wont have too much free time, never though I would be glad of that. We are just waiting on the date coming through but in the health service nothing ever moves quickly. It will be hard the day I leave this job as I have worked here for 7 years and I am really really close to my wonderful wee colleagues. They are proper friends not just colleagues.

Heading out shopping with the hubby tonight not that I will be getting much roll on pay day I am so skint it is unreal. I hate January.

Today's meal plan is:
Breakfast - 1.5 shredded wheat (HXB) with banana (HXA) for milk, apple and banana
Lunch - Orange, activia, a bachelors snack noodle chow mien (1.5 syns)
Dinner - Pizza topped turkey with sw chips cabbage and peas. 2 tbsp of salad cream light (4 syns)

Total Syns 5.5

Got to get today's breakfast and lunch sorted in my head before I forget. We are heading to my bro in laws house for the afternoon/evening so don't know what our dinner plans our yet. I have 11 syns to work with if we do decide to get take out. Will come back and update when I know better.

Breakfast - activia, cuppa tea, and an orange.
Lunch - smash potato bread, bacon x2, meat free sausages x2 (3 syns), 1 egg, 2tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn) hxb tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.

Total syns so far 4

Last edited:
Had some lasagna at my sister in laws house for diner only think not on plan was the cheese on top and the cheese sauce but she only used half a jar for for the whole thing and it fed 4 ppl. Think I am within my syns still and could of Been alot worse if I'd of had alcohol and takeout. Its all about small changes. Quite proud of myself tonight :)

So had a chance to sit down and work out the syn value for the lasagna this morning and it may well have been worse than i first thought. I never realised how high in syns the jar of cheese sauce actually was so I think my bit of lasagna was actually about 13 syns and the another 9 syns for the garlic bread so all together I think yesterday syns was 26. I am gutted to be over, but I worked out my syns used all week this morning as well and I have came in under the 105. I worked out I have used 85 syns all week so all in all I don't think that is too bad.

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast - 3 bacon with no fat, mushrooms and 2 eggs
Lunch - Orange, apple, Deli box noodles mild curry (1.5 syns) and a hi light bar
Dinner - Quorn mince chili with extra veg in it with rice and cabbage.
Snack - Hifi light HXB and 4 syns for velvet crunch

Total syns for today 5.5

Total syns for the Week 89/105

Last edited:
Soooooooooo bored in work I have even taken to cleaning out the fridge lol!!! I cant believe how messy 8 women can be. There was 17 out of date yogurts in there dating back to September :eek: There was even a melon pack which went out of date in December only knew it was melon from the label!!!! So after my cleaning spree I decided to have a treat and had a packet of velvet crunch so thats another 4 syns for today.

Weigh in day again!!! I am going to the evening class this week instead of the morning class that I attended last week. Hopefully I have a loss I am a wee bit worried though. I feel like I have had a great week but I know that we weigh more in the evening than we do in the morning so from now on I have decided to attend the half 5 class only to get a better idea of what my weigh loss journey is like.

In work today again though I have a nice wee email management course to go on today from 9:30 till Lunch so that will keep me busy this morning with no chance to get bored and want to eat. I am going to stop at subway on the way to the course and pick up a salad for my lunch. Lots of supper free lol. I tend to eat quite light on a weigh in day thinking subconsciously that it will make me weigh lighter lol. What a load of rubbish though. Every little helps lol!!!

Back