Operation Bridesmaid Aug 2013!

Woohoooo :bunnydance: I love that 'just one pound' that gets you a goal! x

Thanks Ladies I was so shocked as I just felt like I had eaten loads this week!! So I am being super good this week to make sure it doesn't bite me in the bum next week!! I don't have any plans really for this week that can stand in my way. If I lose 2.5lbs this week that will get me my club 10. So I am going to try and aim for that.

Got word from my sister this morning that our bridesmaids dresses have arrived in the shop!!! Ekkkk!! So she has made us an appointment to go and try them on next Saturday. I am excited to see the dress and have it on. Even though I know I have lost almost 2 stone from they were ordered i'm still having all these thoughts about what if it doesn't fit!! I also still feel like the fat one among us and i know it will take a lot more that 2 stone to change that but its hard to think happy about things relating to clothes sometimes!!! Need to work on that lol!!

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal 400g loaf (HXB) with banana and an apple
Lunch - Homemade veg soup 2 ryvita (3 syns) an orange and an activia
Dinner - Mark's and Spencer's chunky steak with potatoes and vegetables.
Snack - Hifi Light (3 syns) and quavers (4.5 syns)

Total syns 10.5

Last edited:
I am going to join your thread if you don't mind?

I am also being a bridesmaid (start of July) and dont want to be the fat one! I have set myself a 3 stone target for the last week in June which is the final fitting of the dresses so I need to lose 2.1 lbs a week from now till then!!

This is yesterdays food:

Breakfast – All bran with semi skimmed milk and a banana, cup of coffee

Snack – Apple

Lunch - Uncle bens spicy Mexican rice = 4 SYNS

Snack – Cup of coffee

Dinner – SW Chilli with Rice and some guacamole = 3 SYNS, cup of coffee

Before bed – grapes

Throughout the day I drank 2250 ml of water.

No worries Kells the more the merrier!! I am from Belfast too!!!

Do you attend a group or are you going it alone??

I did go to group but I travel with my work so end up using all my holidays so just going it alone.

I am going to see how I get on for the next couple of weeks and if I am not seeing results then I will have to go back and see what can be done for me.

Hi Ya :)
Just pooping by to subscrib to your thread. Your food diary is great. Yours doing great with the weight loss. I'm joining SW on Thurs nite I'm new to it have done ww but constantly hungry on the plan so giving SW a shot x

Nightmare day!!! Woke up and discovered my shower wasn't working!!! This is the last thing we needed!!! Last week our oil tank burst and leaked all over the back garden so I had to pay to get that fixed as well this month!!!! It always happens when something is happening or we are going away. A spark from my work is coming to check it today so hopefully we don't have to get a new shower and it is just something simple.

On a brighter note 4 weeks today and i will be in Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to get away from the mundane 9-5 grind!!!! I am off work sun till Thursday for the kids half term so only got to work till sat this week :) I don't know why but is getting on my nerves at the minute. I seem to get wee stages like this hopefully it will pick up again soon!!!

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast - Apple, 2 ryvita (1/2 HXB) with banana and a pineapple finger
Lunch - 2 ryvita (1/2 HXB) homemade veg soup, celery, a small orange and a rhubarb and custard sweet (1.5 syns)
Dinner - Chicken and king prawn curry with loads of veg and noodle (3 syns) for 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce.
Snack - Freddo bar (5 syns)

Total syns 9.5

Last edited:
Hi, have been reading your diary and you are doing so well. I am doing sw at home as cant get to a class. It's nice to read that other people struggle sometimes but overcome it as only lost 1lb this week so was a bit miffed as thought I had been very good and started hubby on it this week and he lost 7lb.

I wouldn't be so disheartened Chapmaf I always think men do better and have great loses plus it was his 1st week you always pull bigger numbers on your first week. A pound is still a great loss especially since you are going it alone at home. I dont have the self restraint to do it at home. I need the scales and class to hold me accountable lol!!! I made a chicken and prawn curry for tea with noodles it was lovely. Heard a great tip in class on Monday which was to put 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce in the curry to give it a bit more flavor. which i did it was awesome!!!

Unfortunately the shower has died as the element needs replaced and its just a expensive as a whole new shower. So that's more money we will be out. Rage!!!!!

I know what you mean as he has always lost more than me in the past and it was his first week and a loss is a loss at the end of the day. Your tea sounds lovely, will have to look up some curry recipes and will keep your sweet chilli hint in the back of my mind.
I meant to say last time you looked lovely in your photo and you will look stunning as a bridesmaid too :)
Shame about the shower, everything always costs so much money these days :-(

Why is it that when something goes wrong and costs something follows right on its heels?

My car has been draining my purse since the start of the year and its up for mot on saturday, it better pass!!

well 3 days in to going it alone and I feel I have been doing pretty well, here's my diary for Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tuesday :

2 Choc weetabix with semi skimmed milk – 2 syns cup of coffee

Chicken fajita mix with sw wedges – 2.5 syns

Sw Chilli with sw wedges and half a pack of uncle bens spicy Mexican rice – 2 syns

More coffee and tea (black no sweetner) and 2250 mls of water

Wednesday:

Breakfast = 2 Choc weetabix with semi skimmed milk – 2 syns and a coffee

Lunch = Uncle bens vegetable pilau rice 3.5 syns and grapes

Dinner = Mug shot and packet of mango chunks

Cup of hot water with lemon before bed

Swapped my cereal for fruit and ff greek yogurt this morning as I am making homemade burgers with wholemeal baps for a valentines treat and a sneaky glass of cava!

Oh dear tonight has been a disaster!!!!! Been out for a lovely meal with hubby but apart from the healthy starter the rest was bad and the 4 large wines haven't helped either :)
Oh well start again tomorrow I suppose ;)

I have just realised I haven't filled in my food for yesterday lol so here goes
Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, 2 bacon (no fat) with mushrooms.
Lunch - Subway turkey salad with honey mustard sauce (3 syns)
Dinner - wholemeal roll (HXB) Extra lean burgers chili with a babybel light in the middle (2 syns) 1 tbsp of red sauce (1 syn) potato cubes with onions, mushrooms, peppers, peas, and chilies with 2 tbsp of peri peri sauce (2 syns) served with cabbage.
Snack - Mullerlight Greek style (1/2 Syn) and strawberries.

Total syns - 8.5 syns

I didn't have an romantic plans for yesterday in fact I think I was lucky just to get a card lol!! The hubby is taking me to the cinema tonight though so I just hope I can resist the popcorn. I am a big popcorn fan but it is soo high in syns. :( so I will just bring some low syns snacks with me instead. Depends on our dinner plans though as too how many syns I have left.

Last edited:
Back