Operation Flat Stomach!

Carly1882

Hi everyone

I am sad to say I am a Cambridge restarter lol!

I stopped doing Cambridge in January and have since put on around 6lbs. I do lots of exercise anyway so am quite toned apart from my flabby tummy! I am going on holiday with my boyfriend in September and have decided with around 8 weeks to go I need to get my bum in gear and into a size 10! I am currently a 12 bottom and 12-14 top. I would love to go on holiday and put on a bikini and not have to worry about how I feel I cannot remember the last time if ever I have felt like that! I am hoping to lose between 15-20lbs by the time I go. Day one is well under way and with no plans until I go on holiday I really need to stick to this. I previously lost 2 stone 10 so I know I can do it. I am just hoping the weight loss is as quick as last time! I am also planning to do the insanity workout for 60 days! Wish me luck and if anyone would like to 'buddy' up and discuss as we take this journey I know it helps to have people in the same situation as the diet gets tough!

Good luck everyone!

Day 1
Strawberry shake
Mint bar
Veg soup
Omelette an salad

40 lengths swim :)

Can't wait to get to Tuesday and get the first few days out of the way!

I really think documenting this helps so much! So this morning I did the insanity fit test - wow! It's so hard lol! I know it's not meant to be easy and I thought I did ok! So I'm going to put the results of the first fit test in my diary as I am likely to lose the paper that is smeared with mud due to my outdoor workout in my very wet garden in July I may add! Where is summer??? I should not be sliding around this time of year!!

Switch Kicks -89
Power jacks - 50
Power knees - 89
Power jumps - 24
Globe jumps - 8
Suicide jumps - 22
Push up jacks - 17
Low plank oblique - 3 too wet and muddy to lean on my arms lol also could see a slug looming ha ha

Day 2
Went ok prob not the best but ended up out for a family meal! But did do my fitness test this morning and 45 min spin class with no air con! Sweats was an understatement lol

2.25 litres of water
1 litre of sparking water
2 chocolate shakes
Chicken shashlik + spinach + coke zero :( not great lol but could be worse!

Hey carly good luck you don't have much to lose at all..! Oh i miss spin classes i might restart back at the gym lol x

Hi Carly

You don't have much to lose - you'll get there in no time and will look fab on holiday! I've heard the Insanity workout is just that - INSANE lol! I can't wait to be fit enough to do stuff like that. I'm on my 3rd week of CD now and started back at the gym yesterday - did a Body Pump class and OMG I ache soooooooo much today!

Keep it up and I lok forward to reading your diary :)

Thanks guys! I thought I was pretty fit I do quite a bit of exercise roughly 4-5 workouts a week inc boxing and spinning but that insanity is so hard, just walked to the gym to go for a swim to stretch I'm so tired! Lol I'm having a bit of extra chicken as I've decided with the exercise I'm going to need a bit of extra food!

How are you both getting on? What are your goals?

Hi, hope u don't mind me joining this thread. Well this is my first ever day on CD, finally decided to give it a go after reading all the inspirational stories on here.

Ideally I want to lose 1st 7/ 2 st and hopefully be happy with myself after years of yo-yo dieting. Dieting over the years has made me gain weight. When I was 16 I joined ww only weighing 9st 7 and I thought I was fat, (i'm now 38) I'd give anything to weigh that now and I'm hoping now I've joined the CD gang I'll succeed like everyone on here seems to do :)

I'll let u all know how I'm getting on and when struggling I'm sure you'll all know about it lol

Hi Nic - you have around the same weight as me to lose. I think the closer I get to goal the harder I find it.

Hi Nic feel free to join.

I shopped yesterday until about 2.30pm I went out with my Dad for sunday dinner I had one shake for breakfast and then we went to the pub for the rest of the day, ie neded up doing my 2 litres of water in there! I had chicken and vegetables and when we got home I felt like something sweet and gave in and had a diet coke ...oops I felt so guilty so just went to bed without my other 2 shakes. All round not a good day! I find sitting in the pub not drinking and eating so hard but seeing my family always seems to entail an afternoon in the pub (how bad does that sound) tbh was the best roast I have had in ages the meat was so lovely and the cabbage and swede was cooked and flavoured so well. The potatoes and yoirkshire looked better though! lol
I have weighed myself and in 3 days I have lost 3lb so not bad considering I was basically following the atkins until last weds!

I am sure you will by a skinny minnie buy your holiday girl on a mission. keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Boxing tonight and then back on insanity tomorrow! My legs hurt already!x

I keep hearing so many conflicting things about diet coke! Apparently it doesn't take you out of ketosis and it doesn't have calories but the citric acid in it can make you feel hungry?!

I was out for for drinks the other day and I had a diet coke - oops. But oh well... This diet is unsociable enough - I just couldn't have water when everyone else was drinking cocktails! :sigh:

Hi Charlie-Lauren, how long u been on CD? that's why I've always found it hard to lose weight because I don't have that much to lose and when I want something bad think oh I'm ok I'll start on Monday. how much have u lost so far? x

Girl on a mission! said:
I keep hearing so many conflicting things about diet coke! Apparently it doesn't take you out of ketosis and it doesn't have calories but the citric acid in it can make you feel hungry?!

I was out for for drinks the other day and I had a diet coke - oops. But oh well... This diet is unsociable enough - I just couldn't have water when everyone else was drinking cocktails! :sigh:

I drink cole zero n pepsi max all the time n it never affects me. Depends how sensitive you are to being kicked outta ketosis but I've been solidly in! My CDC says she gets people say they have gained cause of diet coke, so she uses me As an example ( cause I live on diet coke n cigs) and they confess to scoffing lol! She Said Shea never had any one gain by drinking diet coke n If they did gain it's cause they used it to wash down a burger or had vodka in it n then went n had a kebab lol

Xx

I drink cole zero n pepsi max all the time n it never affects me. Depends how sensitive you are to being kicked outta ketosis but I've been solidly in! My CDC says she gets people say they have gained cause of diet coke, so she uses me As an example ( cause I live on diet coke n cigs) and they confess to scoffing lol! She Said Shea never had any one gain by drinking diet coke n If they did gain it's cause they used it to wash down a burger or had vodka in it n then went n had a kebab lol

Xx

Ha ha ha ha ha haaa! I love that! Well thats made me feel better - its almost 3 weeks now and I've reeeeeeeeeeeeally missed diet coke!

Ha ha ha that's made me laugh and feel better I feel the same last time having the odd Pepsi didn't effect me at all! I just wanted to stay 100%! Lol oh well!

I spoke to my friend about the insanity and she was sick after the first one my response of great!! Didn't go down well! Lol I just meant At least I'm not unfit and it is the DVD!!!
Just finished boxing and my chicken salad?! Feeling good :)

How is everyone today!

I am so not a yoga person I find it hard! I will work up to that though! lol Do you do the hot yoga?

I havent heard great things about the shred but I think you can pick it up for about 5.99 on amazon defo worth a fiver!
I got my insanity from a guy that was putting them on a memory stick and I plugged it straight into my laptop it was only £20 too! Think its about 8gb! Bargain! Let me know I can pass on the email if you ever want it :)

I did my insanity this morning as my boxing trainer told me I should do it in the morning and I do feel surprisingly good for it. I've had a cup of vegetable flavouring this morning and will have a shake in a mo. I weighed myself at home and I have lost 4lbs I am weighing at my CDC tonight but not sure if I want to record my weight until I have done a full 7 days which will be friday morning....hmmmm decisions!

Yep its the hot yoga and OMG is it HOT!!! Its supposed to burn loads of calories though so I'm hoping its going to help!

Oh wow - if you could email it that would be awesome! I'll scare myself by watching it and then maybe attempt it once I've got my fitness up...!

Hmmm I know what you mean about wanting to go the full 7 days but I'm a stickler for the official weigh-in lol! Just think - next week it means you'll be able to record a better loss because you would have had a couple more days!

Back