Operation Slim and Healthy

Right Well I've really been off track to the point of not wanting to weigh myself! I have such a warped relationship with food, and I need to tackle the mental side of things. Think I'm going to try exante working solutions (while I sort my head out) where I have 3 products and a 400kcal evening meal for a while, then transition onto healthy eating! Hope I can do it! xxx

Hi Bexi,

Well done on making the decision to change things, if you're finding your original plan difficult. There's no point trying to stick to something that doesn't suit you. I was doing TS, but now I add a scoop of high quality protein powder to my morning shake, and fresh veg to my meal packs. I just felt that there wasn't enough protein in the packs, and the cravings for fresh veg were overwhelming. Do what works for you.

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2:

Hi Ella,

Thanks hun! How are you finding the plan and which products do you prefer? I'm just waiting for my 2 week pack so I can get a feel of the products, they will hopefully arrive tomorrow, so i'll start then. I'm excited and nervous both at the same time. Good tip about adding the protein, I am quite concerned about losing muscle mass so think that adding protein will definitely help in that department. Keep up the good work. x

Hi Ella,

Thanks hun! How are you finding the plan and which products do you prefer? I'm just waiting for my 2 week pack so I can get a feel of the products, they will hopefully arrive tomorrow, so i'll start then. I'm excited and nervous both at the same time. Good tip about adding the protein, I am quite concerned about losing muscle mass so think that adding protein will definitely help in that department. Keep up the good work. x

Hi Bexi,

I'm doing well. I like all the shakes and all the soups, but I'm not keen on the meals and I can't bear the cereal-type bars... I can't stand the feeling in my mouth. How about you?
I just use a scoop of MyProtein flavourless powder to my shakes, as 20g protein and 1.5g carbs. I have new resistance bands and my weights, so am doing resistance training to help stop the muscles catabolising.
I hope your packs arrived. I add ice to the shakes and blend, as it makes them thicker and more filling.

Week 2:

Thanks for the tips Ella, hope your getting on well now.

I thought I would continue with my weight loss diary even though I have changed diet from calorie counting to Exante. So that's 3 Exante products and a low carb meal, like chicken salad etc. I know it may seem drastic but my eating was getting out of control, and I want rid of this reflux. I'm hoping that by doing Exante it will help renew my mind towards food and then when I've got a good wedge off I can slowly transition onto healthy eating.

Anyway I am now on day 3 and feeling great. Was really craving fish and chips last night but managed to resist. (That's a first) felt a little rough the previous 2 days with headache and the like but that has passed. Will weigh in next week, and update diary later. x

I'm hoping being in this diet will change my relationship with food, too. I'm usually quite healthy, but have PCOS and insulin resistance, which makes it hard to lose weight. I also suffer from depression, and when that hits I binge eat for comfort, so removing real food from the equation should help to give my system a kind of 'factory reset'.

Glad you've got over the carb withdrawal. You should be in ketosis now, so the hunger will subside and you should start feeling more energetic.

Week 2:

Good morning,

Ella I so know what you mean about binge eating for comfort. It's something that I've done for a while. whether I'm happy, sad emotional I turn to food. I think it got worst after I stopped drinking and smoking, been 4 years now and It's like I'm substituting one addiction for another.

Anyway, everything was going fabulously! Friday morning I woke up on top of the world. I had one of my exante shakes and then I felt a headache come on. Anyway the headache subsided after a few hours until I decided to have my protein bar, and then it came back. I came to the conclusion that there was something in exante products that doesn't agree with me. They were making me feel ill. Friday night I fell off the wagon, I ordered domino's pizza, coke and cookies and ate the majority of it I'm ashamed to say. I really was like a druggie, addicted to the carbs and sugar rush.

Anyway I was plagued with guilt the next morning. But loved the idea behind the theory of the shake diet, ketosis!! I began researching diets and found something called the ketogenic diet. It is similar to the Atkins plan but protein is eaten in moderate amounts, as the body has the ability to change too much protein into glucose. So it's a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate plan and there's a couple of other subtle differences. Well I've stuck to it since Saturday eating avocados, olive oil, salad, meat, strawberries and cream, greens etc, etc. and I've lost 5 lbs this week!! I'm so chuffed and think I've finally found the plan for me. I just don't feel hungry after a meal high in fat, it's like a weapon of mass destruction against the refined carbs. I'm so excited and I finally feel in control of my eating. If anyone is interested in doing this plan and is concerned about the high fat diet google Stephen Phinnie, who has done loads of research into how good sat fats are for us.

Anyway enough of me for now. will update later. x

Hi Bexi,

How are you doing?

Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

Back