operation slimdown while hubby is in afghan

what a heart felt first post :) I really feel for you with your hubby having to go to afghan I don't know how I would cope if my hubby to be had to get sent away (not that he's in the army though)

well this will give you great motivation to lose the weight for him coming home and hopefully you can stun him with your new slimdom :)

carry on what your doing exercise and healthy eating is the key xx

Hey,

Just a thought, has your husband taken a laptop with him?? If you both have skype you can talk for free and if you both have web cam with laptop/computer you will also be able to see each other. My brother in law is in Afghanistan at the moment and we regularly speak to him on skype my girls love it as they get to see him and show him any pics they have done at nursery, and its all completely free so even if he has not taken a laptop maybe one of the other lads will let him use theirs.

xxxxxx :)

cheers for the info hun, yeah hes taken both his laptops out with him and has skype on both, and i also got it on mine the day before he left, but once he got out there he was told skype was banned, why i dont know its stupid, cause that was our main way of talking to each other when he was out there last year,
we are now using digsby which is just like skype,

what a heart felt first post :) I really feel for you with your hubby having to go to afghan I don't know how I would cope if my hubby to be had to get sent away (not that he's in the army though)

well this will give you great motivation to lose the weight for him coming home and hopefully you can stun him with your new slimdom :)

carry on what your doing exercise and healthy eating is the key xx

thanks so much hunny, yeah it is hard but if you had to do it you would cope, we are all stonger then we think, dont get me wrong it is hard, and we (me and the kids) miss him every second of everyday, but life goes on, i have to take care of my children, and just get on with the daily grind, somedays i dont even want to get outta bed but i hear screams of my arguing children lol and get up lol, evenings is the worse once the children are in bed, but with this diet and exercise i get on the bike, or the treadmill work up a sweat get rid of the days stress and get ready for the next day,

yeah i cant wait for him to get home and see what im gonna look like 15 weeks and counting lol

thanks again for your comment hun x

Hey yumy, hope you're ok, you're doing excellently on your diet and also in the Wii Challenge, keep up the good work!
I'll get the lentil soup recipe for you, I think you'll love it, its really tasty and warms you up when its cold too. Also its only roughly around 89 cals per serving so not bad at all. I'll PM you the recipe unless anyone else wants it too and then I'll post it in here :)

I'd love to know how your tomato soup turns out, sounds delish so let me know about that please.

I'm loving your motivation and determination here hun, you're gonna be looking so much skinnier when your hubby gets home, I hope he'll recognise you :D :D :D :D

xxxx

Hey yumy, hope you're ok, you're doing excellently on your diet and also in the Wii Challenge, keep up the good work!
I'll get the lentil soup recipe for you, I think you'll love it, its really tasty and warms you up when its cold too. Also its only roughly around 89 cals per serving so not bad at all. I'll PM you the recipe unless anyone else wants it too and then I'll post it in here :)

I'd love to know how your tomato soup turns out, sounds delish so let me know about that please.

I'm loving your motivation and determination here hun, you're gonna be looking so much skinnier when your hubby gets home, I hope he'll recognise you :D :D :D :D

xxxx

Im good hunny, yeah post it in here incase other want to have a look, ill defo be making some up for next weekend, gonna het the tomato and pepper ingredients tomorrow and will prob make some up for sunday so ill let you know how it goes, need to cut back on the ingredients though as i double up on the leek and potato and there was a whole stock pot worth lol.. had to through most of it way as its only me that eats it, the kids wont touch it.. fussy ******* lol

Had another good food day and loads and loads of walking.. i aint stopped from the time i woke up this morning to about 20 mins ago... in and out the house all day, tryed to send hubby a parcel but the post office was bloody closed, closed at 1pm on a sat hows stupid is that, so thats now gonna have to wait till monday he might actually get it before the end of the month, not betting on it mind, anyway just a quick update today cause im wiped out and want my bed, so gonna go take up a healthy homemade strawberry smoothie and chill out and watch a film in my big bed

Night night

Have had a lovely relaxing day today after yesterday non-stop, aint done anything, well half hr step and my legs are killing me now,

Hubby has now been gone for a whole week so there one milestone outta the way...

tomorrow though its my 1st Dun, Dun, Dun... weigh in since he left.. iv been so good all week, so heres hoping for the best

Good luck hope you have a brill loss, I think you are so strong about your husband being away, bet you can't wait till he comes back to a skinny Minnie of a wife:).x

Good luck hope you have a brill loss, I think you are so strong about your husband being away, bet you can't wait till he comes back to a skinny Minnie of a wife:).x

Aww thanks babez.. yeah i cant wait, thing is i cant imagion me looking any differant obviously cause i dont see any change really, i mean i know im getting smaller but i dont see it in a drastic way.. i know he will cause my parents noticed my 1st 2 1/2st loss when we went to see them last week... cant wait, only 16 weigh ins till hes back.. 15 after tomorrow lol

Good luck for WI tomorrow, hope you get a good result!

And yeah totally, it is so hard to notice the differences. You still look at yoursef and see the weight you have to lose, not the weight you have lost. It's rather annoying! lol but just have to be content and know that it's working. I think after a couple of stones gone is when you really start to properly notice the difference.

Well 1st way in since hubby left and im very happy with my 3lb loss, whoop... if i can do that every week ill have dropped 3st for when he returns..wow, iv just sent him out a parcel, with some goodies inside, now going to go for a run on the treadmill for half hr and listen to some tunes

Fantastic xx Well done on your weight loss :D:D and a weeks gone Here s to another good week x:)

Brilliant weight loss chick! :) xx

Thanks girlys... really happy, lets hope the success carrys on

Im good hunny, yeah post it in here incase other want to have a look, ill defo be making some up for next weekend, gonna het the tomato and pepper ingredients tomorrow and will prob make some up for sunday so ill let you know how it goes, need to cut back on the ingredients though as i double up on the leek and potato and there was a whole stock pot worth lol.. had to through most of it way as its only me that eats it, the kids wont touch it.. fussy ******* lol
Sorry hun I forgot all about the soup recipe, I'll just pop and find it for you :eek:
How did your soup taste? I'm going to make some of that potato and leek stuff, it sounds gorge, do you have the recipe?
Lol, typical kids not liking stuff like that although I would have done when I was little. I hate wasting food, you should have sent some up to me :D :D :D

Oooh, just seen your loss, excellent work, well done :D

EDIT: Soup recipe :)

• 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 onions
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 celery stick
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon tomato puree
  • 125g red lentils
  • 2.5 pints vegetable stock
  • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

• Peel and finely chop the onions, carrots and celery.
  • Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions. Fry for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
  • Add the carrots, celery, garlic, curry powder and tomato puree and fry for another minute.
  • Meanwhile bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan and add the lentils.
  • Add the vegetables to the lentils and continue simmering, covered, for 25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Blending is optional. I don't blend my soup as I like to leave the little chunks of veg. But if you prefer to blend then thats good too :) Once cooked you can blitz some or all of the soup for a smoother texture if desired.
Prep: 15 mins. Cooking: 30 mins

The curry powder adds a gorgeous flavour, I could eat this forever, honestly!

Hey where are you hun, is everything ok with you? :)

Right... so iv had a really busy few days and now im totally knackard lol but they have passed the days away which is good

So diets been going really well, till yesterday. my sons birthday and i kinda was picking at the cheese puffs lol alot of cheese puffs, so today im totally kicking my arse with the exersice to try and decrease the amount of damage for weigh in on monday, cant believe its thursday today, where has this week gone? not that im complaining,

On sat jason would have been gone for 2 weeks.. 2 weeks down 14 to go, kids are on holiday next week and i think that gonna drag, i hope not but i think it will,

Right im gonna run for abit as i need to get on the treadmill for a run, really cant be bothard but its got to be done

Oh Miss Mango here is that soup recipe

1 teaspoon sunflower oil
225 g (8 oz) leeks, sliced
225 g (8 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
600 ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) skimmed milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper

method

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the leeks, potatoes and garlic.

2. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.

4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.

5. Carefully ladle half the soup into a food processor or liquidiser and blend until smooth.

6. Return the blended soup to the pan, and add the milk and seasoning.

7. Heat through and serve the soup in warmed bowls.

Back