Operation under general whilst on SS??

Hi ladies , I was hoping KD is still around to give me the best most up to date advise on this .
I am having my gallbladder removed in 4 weeks and wondered what I need to do with regards to CD . I am on SS at present , and wondered when I need to work up to a higher plan to have a general anaesthetic ? What plan do I need to be on for the actual op and when can I get back onto SS after the op ??

If anyone has any advise or experience of this I would be very grateful :)

Hi Hun

Not to sure on the lead up to your op, but don't think you will be able to ss for 3 months after the operation, i think you would be advised to start working up plans now, but sure kd will answer :) xx

You need to do a minimum of 1200kcals for 2 week leading up to the op and then no plan for at least 4 weeks, though it can go up to 12 weeks before you get the all clear.

When your doctor has signed you off, get your consultant to contact Medical (there's an online form she can use). Once you get approval from Medical you can start again.

All the best with the gallbladder op. Very pleased I had mine done:)

cambridge diet

hello spam:D
I wonder if you could help me, my daughter is thinking of tryiing out the cd diet but we do not know a thing about it could you give us some information please
thanks.

Dawson66 - sorry for me butting in. I'm sure KD will answer your questions soon. In the meantime you can check out the Cambridge website (www.cambridgeweightplan.com) or have a look at the Cambridge forum here on minimins. There are many questions/answers re Cambridge Diet.

There are six different plans. People usually start on Sole Source (3 packs a day) depending on height.

I did WW for over a year now(nothing against WW), but I struggle to lose weight quickly with conventional diets.

I hope that's helped you a little bit, at least. :)

thanks KD , I thoought there would be a protocol for it ! Iwill discuss it with my CDC on monday and get the info on 1200 :( I was hoping that the op would be after i had got to goal but I want to do what is recommended , not worth the risk !!!

Back