Operation Yummy Mummy

This weekend seems to have gone by in a flash! But I have been so busy and have not drank near enough water - but have drank far to much coke zero! Its TOTM too, which all doesn't help so when I had a sneaky nosey on the scales this morning they weren't registering much of a difference. On the plus side I haven't cheated on the food side of things, so will wait with baited breath for Tuesday's way in. Even if I haven't got much off this week, just need to stick with it. Just wish I had a fast forward button, to skip forward a few weeks. Have bought a couple of smaller tops this week though - 1 x 1 size smaller and 2 x 2 sizes smaller - all in the sales, and I can just about get into all of them, which has pleased me. Need to buy some smaller jeans and make it a goal to get into them. Dress sizes mean so much more to me than weight - in my mind anyway. Would quite happily weigh 20 stone - as long as I could still get into a size 10 lol! That would be awesome ;) But unfortunately, 20 stone does not equal a size 10 - and so the diet continues. Good luck again for a new week, looking forward to hearing about your first weign in. x

Week 3 weigh in and another 3lbs down. Was surprised that I even got 3lbs as the scales were only showing a 1lb loss a couple of days ago - just goes to prove that I should stop these mid week weigh ins as they aren't always a good indication of the final result. Really want to get under 16 stone this month. If I can keep the losses at 3lbs a week would be over the moon. Will just stick with it though and see how it goes - 18 and a half weeks and counting!

Hi Jennie, you're doing really well with your weight loss and determination! You're also doing well to start thinking about what you'll do after your VLCD. Having an end date in mind will probably make it so much easier for you to stick with it. I've got to take my hat off to you for doing it with 4 kids though! I've only got one baby and sometimes I struggle with just eating healthy!

Well done on your week 3 weigh in. That is a great loss. I'm on day 6 today...delighted with myself for staying strong. I have my week 1 weigh in on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed. I will be switching to the old ww points discovery plan after I do my refeed as it really is the only plan that worked for me. I don't get on with the new pro point system or slimming world.

So glad to hear that its going well! I don't like the new WW propoints either, tried it twice and just couldn't get into it at all, the old system was much better imo. I think having an action plan is definately help me keep focussed. It's not set in stone but its giving me something to aim for etc. Good luck for Thursday - stick with it! x

Official Week 1 Weigh In - Down 11 ibs :)
Now only another 11 to go. I have 5 weeks to the wedding but in those 5 weeks i have a 2 day planned break.

11lbs! Thats amazing Sinead :wow: What a great start! Bet you are feeling great - and what a motivator. Feeling very jealous lol!

Well after a really tough couple of days, and a good chat with the doc today, have decided to jump ship from slim & save to slimming world. Was always planning to move to SW at xmas time, but have had a miserable couple of days, and so have made the decision to do it earlier rather than later. Basically after 3 weeks of getting on OK with sns, have really really struggled the last 2 days. Not struggled with wanting to eat - but have been really low. Hide under the covers and cry me a river type of low. I have sufferred with depression in the past, and had a routine docs appointment today about boring stuff and just burst into tears. A long chat and a little bit of perspective later and I have made the decision to start SW on Monday. I have made peace with the fact that the weight loss will be much slower, but for me as a mum, will hopefully be something we can all participate in together. My hubby and kids are over the moon - as apparantly I have been an absolute nightmare the last few weeks! They said I have been really cross all the time - and will be pleased to get normal mummy back!!! I didn't think I had been that bad! So this weekend is about slowly introducing some normal food before starting SW on monday. Had some chicken breast for tea with veg - no potatoes. Am trying to be really carefull with carbs. Feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders tonight :) Wish I had the strength to continue with sns - for the amazing quick results, but for my own sanity (and my family's) this switch will hopefully be for the better. Wish me luck!

Wow reading these posts has really inspired me, last year I started CD lost 2 stone very quick and then another stone once introducing food, managed to get down to 9:10, (would like 9-9:7st but a fitness phobia) not 6 months and 3 holidays later my scales told me I was 10st 12 today :-( actually cried,
Feel so disappointed in myself totally gutted, so I had a chicken salad and a litre of water for my tea and tomorrow I am going to smash this weight off, I've various diet shakes left over but do I just shake for a week or so a vlcd with it??? Feel so pants its my 30th bday in 8 weeks so not only am I getting old ;-) I'm chunky too

Love Mrs p

There must be something in the air cos I'm finding it so hard. I'm on day 10 and I'm starting refeed now. I just can't do it. Like u I'm not myself, crying its just not worth it. It was so much easier b4 but I think my time on vlcd s are done. I'm having chicken and carrots tonight for dinner. 2 Moro I will have shake for breakfast soup for lunch then chicken and salad for Dinner. I will do this until thur. Then try my hardest on the ww old points plan. I dunno why I feel so bad and guilty but my husband thinks its for the best.

Thanks Sinead, I'm feeling sooo much better these last couple of days :) Really looking forward to starting SW tomorrow - a fresh chapter you could say. Have arranged for a local veg box company to deliver once a week too, so the kids and hubby will all be eating better - not only me. I know its going to be hard finding the motivation to keep going with the smaller losses. The big, generally consistent, weight losses on a VLCD are part of the thing that kept me going. I really don't know why the VLCD is sooo much harder subsequent times round. When I did lighterlife It really and honestly found it easy - but every VLCD I have done since then has just felt harder and harder and I have been more and more miserable. So what if I am not a size 10 next year on holiday?? I WILL be considerably smaller than I am now. I will also be CONSIDERABLY healthier and happier. Who knows if SW will work for me? Time will tell, but I know that I committed to losing this weight and am not going to give up! Good luck with the refeed, you will be sooo much happier on WW. Yes, the weight might come off slower, but at least you can save your sanity! Will let you know how the next few days go :) x

Week 1 of slimming world done and I am feeling GREAT! Stopped S&S and had a weekend of eating normally before starting slimming world. When I weighed in last Monday morning on my first day of slimming world I had put on 3.5lbs. I was expecting that - perhaps even more just from glycogen stores etc returning. Really wasn't expexting much of a loss this week at all but have stuck with it, REALLY enjoyed eating some delicious and healthy food and was rewarded this morning with a 3lb loss :D Am enjoying the slimming world focus on healthy eating. 1/3 of each plate should be made up from fruit/ veg. Have cooked some lovely dishes this week that everyone has enjoyed. Veg chilli, healthy spaghetti, minestrone soup, chicken & veg casserole - yummers! Have been following the extra easy plan and haven't felt deprived at all - sooooo different from the constant deprivation I felt whilst on s&s! Now getting an organic veg box delivered every week, used to have one delivered but stopped it as we were moving house, and then never got it going again. Was exciting to see what would be delivered and then planning what we could make from its contents. Looking forward to week 2 now! Hope everyone else is having a good week too x

oh well done that is a great loss considering the switch.
I have also stopped doing my VLCD now as well. I stopped last Thur evening. I literally just could not keep going. I've switched to Unislim (an Irish based plan) - kinda like SW with free foods etc. Since my weigh in at home on Fri morning i have gained 1.4 ibs. I'm hoping it wont go too much higher. Like you i am really enjoying my healthy foods again. Are you going to meetings?

Back