Operation

ally7997

Silver Member
Ok so after a year of waiting I finally have a date to have my gall bladder removed I'm so scared and panicking that something will go wrong! But staying positive and all.......
Anyway I'm hoping to continue with sw and weigh in as normal but I can't help but wonder how much all those stones weigh and if it'll give me a good loss! He he every cloud and all.........

Ok so after a year of waiting I finally have a date to have my gall bladder removed I'm so scared and panicking that something will go wrong! But staying positive and all.......
Anyway I'm hoping to continue with sw and weigh in as normal but I can't help but wonder how much all those stones weigh and if it'll give me a good loss! He he every cloud and all.........

Bound to be the size and weight of rocks at the very least lol !!

When do you go in and are you having keyhole or conventional surgery ??

Good luck.

hugs.

It's the 27th of jan! Eeek

Keyhole so should be back on my feet in a week to 2 is that right? Anyone else had this done! I can't wait to get rid of them! X

Heya Im a Theatre Nurse. Yea its about 2 weeks if you have key hole. Unfortunately the stones and gallbladder dont weigh very much, but the hospital food might help you loose a couple of pound hehe. Good luck, im sure it will all be fine :)

I had my gall bladder out 4 years ago. I think the stones weighed at least 7lbs LOL! Seriously, I only had one the size of an almond which was brown, but the lady in the bed opposite me had little tiny ones that were silverish and looked like Borg cubes from Star Trek!! I had the op late morning and was home by 9 pm the same day. I was a bit sore and creaky for a few days but I was amazed how quickly I felt better. It did really knock me for 6 though, and I was off work for 6 weeks all together. I probably could have gone back before then if I'm truthful, but I thought I might as well make the most of it!

Good luck with your op and you'll feel so much better (and pain free) afterwards. Oh yeah, don't watch any funny films or tv programmes for at least a week - it REALLY hurt to laugh!

Take care, Trace xxx

Ok you have all literally ruined my night I was hoping for at least 2lb! Bugger
??

Just a quick warning about expecting big losses....

I had surgery in May last year (although not for gall bladder removal), went into the group at the next weigh in, and had a nice 3 lb GAIN!!!

DO NOT PANIC.... This is mainly down to fluid retention (post surgery) and was gone by the following week for me.... along with a little bit more!!

Tracejovi If you don't mind me asking how much did you weigh? I think that's why I'm worrying cos I know I'm over weight.

A GAIN! Oh great! Ha ha

Back