Opinions on bars please?

Fat-Boy-Slimmin

On a mission
Hi, I'm just looking for people's opinions on the Exante bars please....

What do they taste like? Are they as good as they sound?

More embarrassingly, I'm wondering if they cause any problems with going to the toilet? The reason I ask is that the Cambridge Crunch bars made things a bit solid, so to speak. :eek:

I think that the Exante vbars are quite bland. I much prefer the Cambridge ones.

Having said that I do know that there are some people here who love them.

Thanks mojobrad.

I quite liked the Cambridge Peanut Crunch bars, but they had an unpleasant effect on me, as mentioned above.

The Cambridge chewy bars are a bit sickly to me. They are okay, but I could go without them. I actually quite enjoyed the the Malt Toffe one melted in to a Cambridge Porridge, but I suppose that wasn't really a wise way to have them.

I like the sound of the Exante Toffee, Nut and Raisen Bar. Something a bit more solid to chew on is always a good thing on any VLCD. So I'm wondering if I should order some of each bar.

I love the bars they are a bit like cereal bars nice and chewy with tasty bits in and quite a good size which fills you up. I havent had any problems with my bowels either :D

My husband does lighter life and his bars are all soft and insubstantial, he has to keep them in the fridge to harden them a bit to make them last longer and they are very sweet.

I've never tried Cambridge so can't compare Exante to them.

Gave me the erm windypops.....saying that
(and I know that it's not ladylike to admit but "share share, that's fair" - there isn't much that doesn't) :eek:

xx

Thanks susie-slimmer.

The LL ones sound like the CD ones, as they are also better kept in the fridge to make them more chewy.

The Crunch ones are at the other end of the scale, a little bit too hard in a way.

I have done Cambridge in the past and even though some of their bars are tasty the Exante bars are more substantial and therefore tend fill you up more and taste lovely too

Well, apparantly I look like a lady and walk like a lady................then I open my mouth :eek:

Good luck with Exante - I'm sure you'll do really well.

xxx

Thanks Petal01.

That is good to hear. I wouldn't expect major flavour or anything sweet and really scrumptious, but do they taste like they sound?

I prefer the toffee one as well, FBS i would go ahead and get one of each to try (if not getting the bumper pack) they really are nice.

I found them quite dry to start with but I really like them now. The choc orange is my fave!
It's my favourite meal of the day!

In all honesty I was tempted to order a load of them with 2 months worth of shakes, mainly to save on shipping. But if I don't like them it could be a waste of money.

I'm sure I probably will like them, but it probably is a good idea to order one of each and try them first.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

Quite a few of us have found that the bars make us bloated. But they're nice as a change every now and then. The texture is a bit odd (almost like eating sweet sawdust!) when you first have them but you get used to it. Good luck

I had to stop eating the bars. I found them way too delicious!
Up to the point where they would be all I ate all day.
Luckily, I don't have that many left. But I've stopped bringing them to work and I'm gonna try not to eat one for a few weeks.

I love them!

Do you have to have one shake, one bar and one soup a day or can you just have shakes?

I dont like the bars at all. I used to like the taste of them but they made me so bloated and yuck i stopped having them regularly. I also find them quite dry and a bit heavy. Not a nice "full" feeling but a heavy yuck feeling. Id try a couple first before buying lots xxx

I dont like the bars at all. I used to like the taste of them but they made me so bloated and yuck i stopped having them regularly. I also find them quite dry and a bit heavy. Not a nice "full" feeling but a heavy yuck feeling. Id try a couple first before buying lots xxx

Thanks. I've ordered a couple to try them first. :)

Back