Opinions please.....

peony

Silver Member
Hello all
In my group is a medical sales rep. One of her customers is an obesity consultant. He wholeheartedly supports Lighter Life, and she pumps him for info. everytime she meets him - he has an interesting take on body set point theory - but that's another story.

Anyway, he told her she should eat cucumber or celery every day in order to get the saliva going in her mouth to protect her teeth. She has been doing this for a while, it hasn't affected her losses or taken her out of ketosis. I just wondered what people's views are on this.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting problems with their teeth due to LL ? I know they say you have to make sure you really brush them well and see you dentist regularly when on LL - is that because the lower amount of saliva can create a problem?

All opinions welcomed.....

xxxxxxxxxxx

Well technically you shouldn't be eating anything while on LL.
Cucumber won't take you out of ketosis, after all it is basically just water and certainly doesn't have enough of anything in it to break ketosis.

Still, I wouldn't recommend it. There is no reason why you need to do it, and if you are drinking your water throughout the day you shouldn't ever have dry throat or mouth anyway, so I don't really see what his point is TBH?

hi there
i had to have 2 fillings whilst on abstinence. i was ab for just over 5 months and it was about month 5.
i haven't had any fillings for years so it could be related or not, i have no idea!

daisy x

I have beautiful, strong and healthy teeth, so my dentist tells me, and I have done LL on and off since Jan 2007. Bar the itch to chew something (thank goodness for the bars!) I have had no problems at all. 3 litres ish a day usually manages to keep my mouth moist enough.

Speculation is a funny thing. You must, both male and female, only wear 5 inch heals whilst on this diet because the extra height makes you slimmer.

Back