ops

hope to be slim

was doing really well on my firsy week then siccomed to the evil chinse last might.
popped on scales and i have puy on 3 lbs from starting weight.....i know i ate a lot but how is that possible, im now ready to give up:confused:

First rule of SW is don't get on the scales in between weigh ins. You have not put on three pounds in one night - as you say that is not possible. It is fluid retention! So get rid of your scales for the sake of your sanity. And to be honest there will be lots of ups and downs in your weight loss journey so if you are ready to give up in week one after one small hurdle then you will really need to work on your motivation.

PS you can still have a chinese meal on SW you just need to make sensible choices. Take a look in the eating out section to find out the best things to go for so you can eat out without guilt.

Yeah I agree with Patchwork...one week in and you gave in to temptation and because of that you are now thinking of giving up completely :confused: sorry if I sound harsh but you either want to loose weight or you don't! If you do then put it behind you and start afresh and try and keep the chinese to maybe once a month if you are serious about loosing weight! :)

oh well.

Thats it then. I need to get on with it.
But think i will keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
I know i have to take it evry hurdle as it goes but was just upset that I had done so badly in week one. I succommed to temptation of workmates but will just have to be careful.

It's not that you can't ever eat a chinese, hope to be slim, it's what you choose when you have one. There are plenty of low syn ways to enjoy chinese food and there a plenty of threads about the best options if you do a quick search.

My consultant always talks about how we focus on the bad things after we've had a blip instead of focusing on all the good things that have happenned. If you mess up for one meal, that still leaves 20 on plan meals that you've had in the week.

So many people come on the forum and talk about mid week weighing. If you want to do it then obviously no-one can stop you but you need to be able to take the results be it good or bad. A weigh in on your own scales, at a different time of the week to your official weigh in, is bound to have different results. Weight fluctuates naturally throughout the week and can go up and down drastically - that's why sw keep the weigh in conditions the same each week (same scales, same time etc).

Don't be disheartened because what's done is done. Only you can choose what you eat and only you can take control back. Do you know how many syns you ate? Would it be possible to deduct these from your syns for the rest of the week? This may save it and still see you have a loss.

Good luck!

oh well.

Thats it then. I need to get on with it.
But think i will keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
I know i have to take it evry hurdle as it goes but was just upset that I had done so badly in week one. I succommed to temptation of workmates but will just have to be careful.

Don't keep your thoughts to yourself! Put last week behind you and move on from it :)

Hi hope to be slim,

Don't worry too much about the chinese. A treat once and again isn't the end of the world. Try to choose wisely most of the time and you can afford the odd blip along the way :) I eat pizza once a week and still lose!

There are soooooo many posts on here where people weigh midweek and see a result they don't like. They panic and post, then a few days later report a loss and say they panicked over nothing. Seriously, its like every day. Save yourself the stress and just don't bother weighing midweek. All scales are different and weight changes so much over the course of a single day its just not a good idea!

Relapses occur, whether it be giving up junk food, smoking, booze etc etc. The relapse in itself isn't a major issue in this case. Its the drive and motivation to keep going and not give up on the journey. One bad meal out of the entire week will not makea great deal of difference. Every time I indulge too much, I just make sure that by the next meal, I am back on plan andfocussed. No guilt or anger at myself. Its done, it can't be changed, move on and stick to plan.

Keep going and do feel free to share your throughts. I don't think people were being cruel in what they said. Probably just feeling frustration at a mix between another post about weighing midweek and thoughts of giving up after the first hurdle.

Well, first hurdle down and hopefully you will continue on the weightloss journey.

thanks guys for your rwplys/ i qas not in a good place yesterday but have had the kick i need to get back on the waggon.

I know its not going to be easy but i tend to beat myself up easily. x

Back