• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Options Choc and orange

orion83

I just mix options and quark and eat it like that, its delish - for an extra sugar fix I crumble half a meringue shell in it too x x

Beki

Gold Member
oooh yes, it's me who swears by it! :D to me, it tastes like a thick creamy chocolate mousse with just a tiny 'twang' of quark :) i often add a little splenda to sweeten it even more :eek:

yum yum! :D

Sounds nice. Would fromage frais work instead of quark? x

Thanks, may have to give this a go soon :)

AdsNan

Wants to be slim at 60
Loads of people have posted about mixing options with quark, and i wondered a couple of things
1)Do i just mix the sachet and..tadaa..a tasy choccy pud?
2)Can i mix them in to yogurt or does it not work as well?

Any suggestions welcome (it's a star week and i'm dying for a choc fix!)
I just whisk the powder into Fromage Frais and then put into 4 dishes so it works out at 1 syn per dish. Just like Choc Mousse.

Beki

Gold Member
I've tried it with fromage frais and i thought it just tasted like chocolate yoghurt. With the quark it actually (to me) tastes like proper mousse :D

And i forgot to answer the original question :eek: i just put the quark and the options in a bowl (i use 3 options to one tub of quark, plus a tblsp of splenda sometimes) and mix it up with a fork. You have to do it slowly otherwise the powder goes everywhere LOL

Another use I've found is to sprinkle 1/2 a sachet of favourite flavour on to ice cream - NOT quite the same as a chocolate sundae with the sauce and flake(s) but you don't feel quite so deprived when everyone else is tucking in!

Tried the quark and a belgian choc options. OMG it's divine perfect for a really choccy fix. I used 1 options and quarter of quark but i think Beki's suggestion of 3 4 a tub is pretty much right! I quite liked the slight tang as well. Think the kids will have it as a pud as well!

Beki

Gold Member
yay! another convert! :D LOL

glad you liked it - my kids love it aswell :)

Alyce

please help, what is Quark?? where can i get it from as i've asked in Asda and they just looked at me funny :( :( :(

It's a practically fat free soft cheese. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit. there's no specific brand. It's usually around the philadelphia, or yogurts and stuff in the fridge sections. It's a SW staple!

Alyce

It's a practically fat free soft cheese. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit. there's no specific brand. It's usually around the philadelphia, or yogurts and stuff in the fridge sections. It's a SW staple!

oooooh sounds good, may have to stop off at sainsburys on the way home to get some, so its nice with options too? sounds interesting :) .

I made a white chocolate and rhubarb one for tasting night at class last week using a mix of quark and vlf fromage frais, vanilla extract, sweetner and white choc options sachet. I find it best to mix with a whisk and leave to sit for a while before serving. I folded in a couple of tsp rhubarb jam through before serving and it was lovely. Next up is almond with fresh raspberries folded through it.