Options Choc and orange

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
Loads of people have posted about mixing options with quark, and i wondered a couple of things
1)Do i just mix the sachet and..tadaa..a tasy choccy pud?
2)Can i mix them in to yogurt or does it not work as well?

Any suggestions welcome (it's a star week and i'm dying for a choc fix!)

I just mix options and quark and eat it like that, its delish - for an extra sugar fix I crumble half a meringue shell in it too x x

oooh yes, it's me who swears by it! :D to me, it tastes like a thick creamy chocolate mousse with just a tiny 'twang' of quark :) i often add a little splenda to sweeten it even more :eek:

yum yum! :D

I have some coconut option drinks - so I'm going to try that, I looovvveee coconut......thank's Beki and Orion. X

Sounds nice. Would fromage frais work instead of quark? x

Thanks, may have to give this a go soon :)

Loads of people have posted about mixing options with quark, and i wondered a couple of things
1)Do i just mix the sachet and..tadaa..a tasy choccy pud?
2)Can i mix them in to yogurt or does it not work as well?

Any suggestions welcome (it's a star week and i'm dying for a choc fix!)

I just whisk the powder into Fromage Frais and then put into 4 dishes so it works out at 1 syn per dish. Just like Choc Mousse.

I've tried it with fromage frais and i thought it just tasted like chocolate yoghurt. With the quark it actually (to me) tastes like proper mousse :D

And i forgot to answer the original question :eek: i just put the quark and the options in a bowl (i use 3 options to one tub of quark, plus a tblsp of splenda sometimes) and mix it up with a fork. You have to do it slowly otherwise the powder goes everywhere LOL

Brilliant. I have one sachet each of white choc, choc and orange, and belgiam choc so i'll get some more and try it out. Thanks everyone.

Another use I've found is to sprinkle 1/2 a sachet of favourite flavour on to ice cream - NOT quite the same as a chocolate sundae with the sauce and flake(s) but you don't feel quite so deprived when everyone else is tucking in!

Tried the quark and a belgian choc options. OMG it's divine perfect for a really choccy fix. I used 1 options and quarter of quark but i think Beki's suggestion of 3 4 a tub is pretty much right! I quite liked the slight tang as well. Think the kids will have it as a pud as well!

yay! another convert! :D LOL

glad you liked it - my kids love it aswell :)

please help, what is Quark?? where can i get it from as i've asked in Asda and they just looked at me funny :( :( :(

It's a practically fat free soft cheese. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit. there's no specific brand. It's usually around the philadelphia, or yogurts and stuff in the fridge sections. It's a SW staple!

It's a practically fat free soft cheese. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit. there's no specific brand. It's usually around the philadelphia, or yogurts and stuff in the fridge sections. It's a SW staple!

oooooh sounds good, may have to stop off at sainsburys on the way home to get some, so its nice with options too? sounds interesting :) .

I made a white chocolate and rhubarb one for tasting night at class last week using a mix of quark and vlf fromage frais, vanilla extract, sweetner and white choc options sachet. I find it best to mix with a whisk and leave to sit for a while before serving. I folded in a couple of tsp rhubarb jam through before serving and it was lovely. Next up is almond with fresh raspberries folded through it.

Back