Total Solution Ordering this evening.

fatboyslimming

Hoping to start TS asap.

Both myself and my wife are going for this so should make it a bit easier for us both.

Was wondering about week 5 and do I HAVE to take a break for this to work?

I'm 6,2 and weigh about 19 of the stones. Hoping to loss around 5 of the stones.

Don't see many fellas posting on here?

Cheers.

No, you don't have to take a break. There are a few on here that don't. I think its something Exante recommend as you have no counsellor to support you - not that you need one with the support you'll get on here.

This site is amazing and there are a few fellas that post from time to time.

Good luck to you both.

Nope you done have to take a break for week 5, I think Exante just have to recommend it for health reasons.
I wont be taking a break til I've finished!

There are a few men about here but they dont post a whole lot, there are plenty of us ladies to give support and advise though :D

Good luck with your weight loss.

Hi - there are a few guys posting about on here. I think it's great you're doing it together. I feel a bit bad for my OH, in as much as I leave it to him to chose what he eats for dinner now, which has consisted of things like beans on toast and Burger King!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I don't think the soups are going to go down to well. Can I replace them and do like 1 shake and 2 bars per day? Will be using the soups for 1 month at least so I hope I wrong but just wondering.

Another fella here.

Started yesterday and almost through the second day. Having to hammer the water in the evenings as thats when it's the worse for me. I can keep busy in the day so that helps.

Have to say not a massive fan of the soups. Out of the 2 I've had I have just chucked them down and got on with it.

Another fella here.

Started yesterday and almost through the second day. Having to hammer the water in the evenings as thats when it's the worse for me. I can keep busy in the day so that helps.

Have to say not a massive fan of the soups. Out of the 2 I've had I have just chucked them down and got on with it.

Yeah I'll be doing the same. Think a bit of herbs and spice will help get them down.

Ive been looking in on the forum for a while so getting used to the water in advance.

Would I be correct to say that a glass or 2 of one of the zero drinks like dr pepper be ok to have? I know it won't count toward my water intake but think it will be a welcome treat in the evenings. And will this affect my weight loss?

Dr Pepper and Coke Zero are fine. I probably drink too much but it never affects my weight loss :D

I am doing okay on the water actually. Usually drink a lot in work anyway so it's not been a massive change. Evening meals are the killer. So hungry when I get home and I know all I'm having is soup.

Just to answer your question hun about having a shake and 2 bars, unfortunately this isn't allowed coz of the carb content in the bars (I think!) I just know only 1 bar a day is allowed.

Yep coke zero and dr pepper zero are allowed. As are black teas and coffees (these count towards your water intake) tesco still strawberry water is also allowed.
There is a thread at the top (it's stickied) that says what you can drink :D

Just to answer your question hun about having a shake and 2 bars, unfortunately this isn't allowed coz of the carb content in the bars (I think!) I just know only 1 bar a day is allowed.

Yep coke zero and dr pepper zero are allowed. As are black teas and coffees (these count towards your water intake) tesco still strawberry water is also allowed.
There is a thread at the top (it's stickied) that says what you can drink :D

You can drink tesco apple flavoured water too, you basically cant have drinks that have citric acid in like diet coke whereas coke zero doesnt have citric acid in it. If you check on the labels of the tesco water they list malic acid which is okay x

hi, some people use the 'medicine' approach to have the packs they don't like. Just tell yourself it is your medicine that you need to take to cure you of being overweight. Sometimes adding salt, pepper or some herbs & spices make it easier for the soups. I've also starting adding a bit more water to the soups to make them thinner. -anything to get them down!

Good luck

I'm actually surprised at the soups I like them all especially the chicken one! I've added more water as I found them too thick. It's the shakes I'm not too keen on!

Yeah you can replace the soup with a shake. I found I quite liked the soups once I stopped using a blender to mix them. This made them too frothy and more like a savoury milk shake (bleurgh!). I found them quite enjoyable when I just stirred the powder into the water squashing any lumps against the side of the jug. But you CAN have 2 shakes and a bar.

Good luck to both of you. I think it's great you're doing it together x

OK so i'll get my stuff tomorrow ready for a Wednesday start.

What would you guys recommed for the first few days?

I'm thinking

Brunch - shake
Lunch - 1/2 bar
Dinner - soup
And evening snack the other half bar.

is this what most recommend or is there any better plan you can recommend?

I'm only on day 6 but loving it so far. I think it's a case of trying and seeing what works for you. As I have no blender at work I have the shake fir breakfast about 7am would prefer later but they need to be drunk within 15 mins of blending. I have my bar about 1pm and my soup between 6pm and 8pm.
Good luck with your first week.

Usually do

Shake
Bar
Soup

But today I did

1/2 bar breakfast
Shake lunch
1/2 bar mid afternoon snack
Soup dinner

Back