Organisation....

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
The biggest rule, i find, on this diet is be ORGANISED! If you are not, you could find yourself going hungry or even worse coming off the diet to eat something to "put you on".

At the moment I have a full time job as an account manager, and now i have a part time job at a fast food chain. It was hard being organised with just one job, but now juggling 2 jobs, a boyfriend and the gym, plus organising food for the day is getting hard!

Usually at night, I make (for the next day) some oat bran porridge that I take to work, bake some chicken/turkey fish in spices for lunch, take a small tin of tuna for afternoon snack, then come home and cook tea (usually more chicken or fish, or omelette/salad etc and repeat the process as i am cooking my tea that night (porridge + lunch for next day) ....
....However with this job i now have to rush to 2nd job from work and dont have time to cook tea and next days lunch etc. So it got me thinking, that I need to start making something i can maybe freeze then defrost as I need. I am thinking curry/chilli/ (without rice of course)

Any other ideas?

skinnyminnycow said:
The biggest rule, i find, on this diet is be ORGANISED! If you are not, you could find yourself going hungry or even worse coming off the diet to eat something to "put you on".

At the moment I have a full time job as an account manager, and now i have a part time job at a fast food chain. It was hard being organised with just one job, but now juggling 2 jobs, a boyfriend and the gym, plus organising food for the day is getting hard!

Usually at night, I make (for the next day) some oat bran porridge that I take to work, bake some chicken/turkey fish in spices for lunch, take a small tin of tuna for afternoon snack, then come home and cook tea (usually more chicken or fish, or omelette/salad etc and repeat the process as i am cooking my tea that night (porridge + lunch for next day) ....
....However with this job i now have to rush to 2nd job from work and dont have time to cook tea and next days lunch etc. So it got me thinking, that I need to start making something i can maybe freeze then defrost as I need. I am thinking curry/chilli/ (without rice of course)

Any other ideas?

Wow u put me to shame!! That's real dedication!!

I'm out of the house 12 hours a day, and am in the country each weekend, so I tend to do batch cooking for breakfast and lunches at the weekend. I freeze in packages, and merely grab one in the morning.

<Note to self: it's much nicer when you remember to LABEL the packages!>

My batches tend to coincide with meat offers - I make Dukan friendly bolognaise sauce; chicken casserole; chicken soup for PP; I marinate turkey and beef cubes, dry fry them up in ginger and garlic and freeze in packages too... on a Sunday, I'll often make a batch of mini quiches (in silicon muffin moulds) - for an addition to my first three lunch boxes... I always make up two sachets of jelly at a time in a large tupperware in advance, to spoon into my portion size one to take to work too.

As you say, organisation is KEY :D

Wow you lot really are organised - I am v lucky diet wise in that this year I am now self-employed and therefore have largely been working from home (or another way of putting it - largely unemployed!! )...

Am not sure I would have been able to stick with it as well if I had been working.

You all sound so very well organised - and determined to be so to succeed - I applaud you.

Every Sunday I make muffins and SC yoghurt for the week and check in the freezer what there is to eat for the week. I freeze bolonese type stuff, fish pie, cottage pie or I make meals for the monday and tuesday evening to keep in the fridge - something I can just heat up e.g. chicken curry, meatballs.

Last edited:
Back