OT- Anyone watching the Inauguration?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I don't pretend to know anything about politics but i watched the results come in and i'm watching the Inauguration. Its such a historic thing

I will be - although that is partly because work will probably be busy because of it.

I think the last one I saw was George Bush senior - all those years ago!!!

I'm not watching it, it's all hype and who cares! The president doesn't really rule the country, he just does as his advisors tell him or he soon disappears. I'm not a big fan of politicians in case you didn't notice!

I watched it, i don't know much about politics but i think he seems a good man for president, definatley a historic moment and it was quite emotional i thought. I think he will be a good president.

I'm not watching it, it's all hype and who cares! The president doesn't really rule the country, he just does as his advisors tell him or he soon disappears. I'm not a big fan of politicians in case you didn't notice!

You're right, he doesnt rule, he has to follow a guideline otherwise if he "ruled" it would not be a democracy, it would be a dictatorship.. but, when you vote in a president, you vote in a certain set of things he/she will carry out, that you agree with, as opposed to his opponent who would have different issues he/she would like to address..
x x

I watched it, i don't know much about politics but i think he seems a good man for president, definatley a historic moment and it was quite emotional i thought. I think he will be a good president.

I agree totally. I don't agree with come of his policies but I think he is what the US needs.

I watched it, and them fluffing up when they swore him in, did that other bloke even know what he was doing..?

I watched it, and them fluffing up when they swore him in, did that other bloke even know what he was doing..?
He was very nervous as it was his first time administering the oath of office. He apoligized to President Obama later. Barack had memorized the oath prior to taking it.
edi

I love politics, im such a geek - before i dropped outta uni my degree was politics and international relations and i loved it. Obama is exactly what the US needs - and don't be fooled, he does have some power, there are so many loopholes in the American system - how dya think they went to war with Iraq without congress agreeing?:)
I loved it, and I'm really pleased he's in!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I love politics, im such a geek - before i dropped outta uni my degree was politics and international relations and i loved it. Obama is exactly what the US needs - and don't be fooled, he does have some power, there are so many loopholes in the American system - how dya think they went to war with Iraq without congress agreeing?:)
xxxxxxxxxxxx

oooh another politics geek.. i really love it.. lol.. used to study it and its sooo interesting..
Tis true, ther are many many loopholes just lik in anything really.. Glad you're pleased he is in.. cos i am too.. lol

x x

Originally Posted by clairex
xxxxxxxxxxxx

oooh another politics geek.. i really love it.. lol.. used to study it and its sooo interesting..
Tis true, ther are many many loopholes just lik in anything really.. Glad you're pleased he is in.. cos i am too.. lol

x x

yeah another politics geek - and proud!! haha! :)
I love American politics too, I got a first in that module! :) woowooooo! shame i left, eh? haha
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back