OT: Anyone with medical experience??

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Just had a rather strange conversation with my GP and not sure I should be worried or not!
A couple of months ago I had an X-Ray on my spine as I have suffered with back ache since a car accident in 2000.
Had results today and the first thing the Dr asked me was: " What is this injection device you have in your back?"
I said "pardon?"...she repeated.
She said that on the notes from the hospital the Consultant had put that there was an "injection device" located in my spine.
Now apart from an epidural when I had Daughter in 2005, I have never had anything go near my back, including the car accident ( I had physio).
So, GP is checking with X-Ray department to shed some light and has asked me to with hold on my phyiso until they know for certain what it is!!
Has anyone come across this before? What could it be??
The Dr did hint that this "device" could be causing my back ache, so how the heck did it get there???
Sorry long post, but I dont know what to think!

OMG Mrs V! Have they left the epidural tube in there perhaps? Hope they get it sorted soon and it gets rid of your back ache hun.

Thanks Jaylou....Im just wish they could have told me there and then what it is.
I now have to wait for the GP to ring me back and who knows when that will be?!

OMG I'd be freaking out Mrs V you seem so calm! Don't leave it too long, if your GP hasn't got back to you by tomorrow give them another call x

Thanks Aliflower..I must admit as the day progresses I am getting more and more wound up by it all! Should be interesting by 10pm this evening! Lol.
Im going to call GP in the morning to see if she had any joy with the X-Ray department, so watch this space.

I can't think what it could be MrsV, but it certainly needs sorting out asap, I hope your Dr gets back to you soon, thinking of you. X

How bloody strange?? I work in maternity and i cant see it being left over from an epidural as when they remove the tube there are blue markers that have to be counted to make sure it has all come out, and also i have worked in xray ( yes i have been around ), we would of asked you there and then we are quite noisy really :eek: when we see something on a xray we do ask alot of questions, do let us all know how you get on tommorrow, if no joy from GP phone the xray department and ask to speak to the superintendent, good luck and hope it isnt doing your head in too much x x

I am a nurse and what I would say is check that these are really your results especially if the radiographer didn't ask you at the time you had the xray. I am also assuming that you only had knickers on under your gown when you were xrayed. I agree with the others get the reslut asap to put your mind at rest. good luck and let us know. x

I find that extremely scary........hope you get it sorted hun x

I agree ask if they are sure it is your xray as they can be muddled up. I just read in a mag too they were about to operate on a girl as it showed something metal in her head off an xray but just in time they realised it was actually a hair clip she had in at time of xray or they could have opened her head for no reason. Push for them to give you results asap and don't be fobbed off. Good luck

I'm really on the edge of my seat now...So you must be frantic! Please tell us what you find out ASAP. My goodness, what a nightmare!

I agree ask if they are sure it is your xray as they can be muddled up. I just read in a mag too they were about to operate on a girl as it showed something metal in her head off an xray but just in time they realised it was actually a hair clip she had in at time of xray or they could have opened her head for no reason. Push for them to give you results asap and don't be fobbed off. Good luck

OMG !:eek: Thats sooooo scary

Thanks all.
It was the end of the day when I went for the X-Ray. All I was told was that they were going to look at my spine sue to the back ache I have been suffering.
Yes, I did just have my pants on under my gown. I will leave it until just before lunch and then give my GP a call.
Squiddie...there could be an X-Ray part 2 at this rate! Lol.

OMG Mrs V! Have they left the epidural tube in there perhaps? Hope they get it sorted soon and it gets rid of your back ache hun.

Fantastic. I'v always hated needles and swore down i'd make it through child birth without an epidural, but oh my. I can safley say i will never even concider it an option now. You'v officially scared me for life. LOL

I do hope you find out what it is soon though, but it has to be said, i don't feel your GP helped very much. What kid of question is that, surly if you knew you had somthing possibly lodged in your spine, you wouldn't need to be asking him. I do hope you find out what its all about soon, and eventually cure your back problem hun.

xxx

Mrs V any news?

My sister has something similar but her's is in her neck. She had a lot of neck pain but had not had any accident that she could think of which would have caused it. She couldn't look over her left shoulder for a long time and even ended up with a disabled blue badge for her car.
She had an Xray and there was something stuck between a couple of vertebrae in her neck. It turned out to be a bone fragment which they assume was broken from somewhere :confused: when she did gymnastics as a child. Somehow it worked it's way into the vertebrae in her neck.
I wouldn't say she's fine now, but she's a lot better than she was and doesn't have the blue badge any more either. The docs said that the fragment had moved again as it's no longer there :eek: Which I think is just a tad bit freaky :cool:

Hi Mrs V, so sorry to hear your scary news, did you get any response from your GP, sending hugs xxxxx

Back