OT - Jewellery

SoonToBeGorgeous

Loving the Cambridge Diet
I have a lot of silver jewellery which tarnishes - some of it I couldn't clean properly because it had flowers and leaves and etc that you couldn't get a cloth into.

Can now wear a lot of my rings that were previously too tight too and they haven't been worn for years - so were totally tarnished.

Just before Christmas I bought an ultrasonic cleaner from QVC. It is brilliant!! 3 mins just with hot water and a drop of washing up liquid.

I have had a cleaning session this morning and it has all come up sparkling!

Apparently the jewellers all use them - not for pearls/opals though.

Saw a friend yesterday whom thought she had ruined a silver ring whilst on honeymoon last November - having a thalasso pool treatment. It was black, well and truly. So I brought it home last night and made a start on it this morning. 3 mins and it was sparking clean - she will be chuffed to bits tonight when she gets it back!

That's brill STBG - might be worth checking out the anti-tarnish jewellery boxes on QVC too - I got one last year and its brillo.

Gx

My Mother bought me one of the anti-tarnish jewellery boxes from QVC for Christmas - will put my good silver stuff in there.

Will see what happens!!

I wear contact lenses so my glasses get dirty - I put those in the ultrasonic cleaner too and they came up brilliantly!

That machine sounds great. Do you know if it works on 'cheap' jewellery? I have a few silver coloured bits that have gone off colour. They are not sterling silver though.

That machine sounds great. Do you know if it works on 'cheap' jewellery? I have a few silver coloured bits that have gone off colour. They are not sterling silver though.

Yes they do!!

I have some gorgeous jewellery that is neither silver nor gold - cleaned one of them this morning that I bought in the USA - a gorgeous chain with a heart pendant - and it came out sparkling clean too!

Back