OT - Orlando!!!!

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Noticed recently that a few people are going to Orlando or have recently come back.

Thought that it might be a nice idea to swap tips, stories, recommendations etc. I'm a member of the DIBB, but it's nice to talk to people on here about it too :D

So I'll start! I'm off on 20th September with my BF to stay overnight at Gatwick. Then we fly out at 11:30 on 21st and fly back on 7th Oct, arriving early morning on the 8th.

This was my present to myself for losing all the weight. Before doing CD I calorie counted for a while. I was originally just under 16stone. Hopefully when I go I'll be close to 10stone and I wanted a big reward.

We're staying at Point Orlando Resort Hotel in a 1 bed suite, with balcony and full kitchen. Never stayed in a suite before. Flying with BA.

Highlights of the trip will be a swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove and we're going to see The Killers at the University on 1st October.

Am so, so excited. I have bought a whole new wardrobe, as couldn't wait, although have a bit of money for things over there.
Have planned everything to the enth degree in terms of parks we're going to and when. We're big coaster fans and I cannot wait to get my BF on Sheikra, Hulk and Roll N Rollercoaster - it's going to be amazing!!!!

I'm flying into Orlando on 7th November for 3 weeks.
However, we're going to travel around Florida and see Tampa, Miami, Key West and everything in between.

Going to see AC/DC in Orlando. So excited. I was so sick when I went to them in Dublin that I missed most of it and couldn't enjoy myself. looking forward to seeing them again. Although I'll proabably be one of the youngest people there!

Also going to see an NFL game in Tampa, Space Shuttle launch in the Kennedy Space Centre, and possibly a Nascar race.

And then there's all the theme parks. I love Disney so can't wait to see them. And there's Universal and the water parks too. Wanna swim with dolphins.

And then there's Busch Gardens! Have you seen this ride?
Busch Gardens Tampa :: Rides :: SheiKra
It's called Sheikra in case the link doesn't work. Look at the vertical drop!!!

Oh hope you have a fab time hun ! I am so jealous !
We are off to DLP soon, perhaps one day we can do the USA Too!
Bet the killers are fab - love them !
and what a fab reward for losing all that weight !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im soooooo excited for you!!!! we've been back 3 weeks but id go tomorrow if i could lol

We flew Virgin Premium seats (gotta have comfort lol!) into Orlando so no idea what BA are like :) flight was like 8 hrs 45 mins going and less coming back even though tickets said more odd :confused: nice flight and customs too forever lol

Annnnyway.... you'll love the parks, we stayed in a Villa in Kissimee 5/10 mins from the parks and hired a car to take us to everywhere...a car is a MUST!!!! well we thought so anyway. SOOOOO much to see and do.

We didnt like MagicKingdom :eek: very 'twee' and just not my cuppa tea at all

My faves in order
Seaworld (HAVE to sea the whale shows Shamu)
Universal Islands of adventure
Universal Studios
didnt do any other parks as believe it or not we didnt go for 'the parks' :D the above was enough for us. Spent lots of days at the villa which was luxuary so didnt feel the need to keep going out if you see what i mean... Found the resurants fantastic along the 192

Im sooo envious of you and you will have an amazing time and i bet you'll be booking again for next year like we have already hahahaha

Coconut - Sheikra is my favourite ride! :)

Charley - never been to DLP but would like to go, it's a lot closer!!!

MrsEssex - I like Virgin Premium, but am told by many that the BA version isn't really worth the extra money. It's the same money again and the only real advantage is leg room. You don't board any quicker and have to walk miles to get to economy toilets, as you don't have your own.
So we haven't bothered.
We're not doing Magic Kingdom - it's the one park we're not bothered about. BF has never been but I know he wouldn't like it and I'm all about the rides whereas there aren't many there.

I just love Florida...

Love Disney parks (all of 'em, although the boys don't!)

Love Universal studios....Duelling dragons is ace if you can get front row seats especially!
Sheikra is AMAZING!! but the most terrifying ride I've ever been on is that rickety looking wooden roller coaster in Busch Gardens.... truly a white knuckle experience!!

The water parks are ace... and I love the crabhouse in Downtown Disney (seafood is my favourite!), you should also take some time to visit Celebration a new development that looks a bit like Stepford, until you look in the lake and realise that it's full of Alligators!
Belz is a great place for discount stuff and Florida Mall will literally take you days to get around!
Haven't been since 2006, but we're hoping to go again next year!

Hey Liz,
Awww how exciting....... You are going to have an amazing time.. I bet you look fab in all your new clothes... and especially your swimwear you will feel so confident etc.. Good on you for awarding yourself with something so special you deserve it!!! You have done fantastically well...
Our loss is pretty much the same....... nearly 6 stone.. its amazing really its nearly a whole person.........
Keep smiling hon not to long to go now x

Ali - I love seafood too, so much look out for that crab place - can you remember the name? I've heard loads of people don't like the wooden coaster at Busch but I think it's fab, although you have to be careful of whiplash!!! Thinking we might nip over to Celebration, if only to dream of our next house (I wish!)

Thanks Curly :) It is crazy isn't it, the amount that it's possible to lose. You've kept me motivated from the start. It's great to meet people on here who start at similar times and watch their journeys. xxx

I think it's Fullartons Crabhouse the one thats like an old fashioned steamer ship... you can't miss it...

It's a bit posh, good service and linen napkins, but the prices are reasonable!!

Right, we'll be going there. I know exactly which one you mean now. Never actually had crab, am more of a prawn person :) I love seafood though, so sure I'll like it.
BF doesn't though, so hopefully they'll have steaks etc.
Will see if they have a website.
Thanks Ali x

Found the website and it looks gorgeous - adding that to my planner :)

Fultons do the most amazing crab cakes. You need to try.

Last went in May for a long weekend, needed a bit of R'n'R.

I have been about 16 times so any thing you wanna know I might be able to help.

Discovery Cove is amazing WG. A day (or 2 as have also done trainer for a day) that will stay with me forever.

A really good healthy meal is sweet tomatoes, gorgeous salads, soups etc.

New York is also a weekness for me, having a big shop (weight loss dependent) in Jan when I go.

Thanks guys. Love Sweet Tomatoes and a friend recommended Red Lobster, so they're both on the list of places to go!

Back