Other people....

Hev_Sparrow

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I'm struggling with SW at the moment, and I know part of that is my own lack of willpower but a big part of it is Other People. I don't know anyone esle doing SW (that's not on here!) and literally all the time people are offering me sweets and cakes and biscuits etc etc. Work is particularly bad, they just eat crap all day and it looks so good compared to my banana, y'know? And because I've only got about 11lb to lose, I get the "But you're not fat at all, you don't need to lose anything, one biscuit won't hurt..."

How do you guys deal with slimming sabotagers?

Just say you don't fancy it. Be strong and stick to what you want to do.
It may look good compared to a banana but it's less healthy.:)

Who said "hell is other people"? Marx? No it was Sartre!

Anyway often it's true because being offered all the things you miss by well intentioned people is hell sometimes.

I agree with Mary. Say you are not in the mood or that you are trying to be good. Say it often enough and people soon get the message. :)

It is awful because I do really want what they're offering! I resisted yesterday though, only had the one chocolate digestive I said I was going to have and no more.

If I was bigger I think they'd probably listen, but because they think of me as quite slim they insist on telling me to eat things and it gets hard to resist cuz I get into the mindset of 'one won't hurt' but then I'm not losing so I'm just screwing myself over! I need someone sitting with me all day saying no on my behalf lol.

Claim gluten intolerance

It's trendy so they will believe you!

Haha. Yes. You are covered!

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with SW at the moment, and I know part of that is my own lack of willpower but a big part of it is Other People. I don't know anyone esle doing SW (that's not on here!) and literally all the time people are offering me sweets and cakes and biscuits etc etc. Work is particularly bad, they just eat crap all day and it looks so good compared to my banana, y'know? And because I've only got about 11lb to lose, I get the "But you're not fat at all, you don't need to lose anything, one biscuit won't hurt..."

How do you guys deal with slimming sabotagers?

i know how you feel, i have lost a stone and i have about a stone to lose but people keep telling me your thin enough you dont want to be too thin and look ill. I work in a chip shop 40 hours a week. we also sell sweets and lots of different flavours of homemade ice cream . If you want we can compare notes daily on how our day has been

i know how you feel, i have lost a stone and i have about a stone to lose but people keep telling me your thin enough you dont want to be too thin and look ill. I work in a chip shop 40 hours a week. we also sell sweets and lots of different flavours of homemade ice cream . If you want we can compare notes daily on how our day has been

That would be amazing minnie :) I really need the support and am just not getting it from the people around me.

Hi Minnie,

So far very good diet-wise. Had NO syns yet, all free foods. BUT that's cuz we're so busy at work I haven't had time to be wondering what I can snack on. There's chocolate in the house tonight and that will be my downfall...

How's your day?

Hi heather, my day has been good too, just finished a 12 hour shift although like you have chocolate in the house but will use syns for it, i dont feel guilty having chocolate as i plan to keep syns for it

I really need to get to planning my syns better. It all mounts up in 1 syn there, half a syn here and before you know it I have a tiny 'treat' and it's over. I ate about 8 chocolate digestives last night. That wasn't a good plan.

Back