Other people's reactions.

fattybum

So I thought I'd put it out there the kind of stuff people have said to my face when learning I'm on the LLT plan;

It's not healthy.
You'll never be able to do it.
You wont last.
What a waste of money.
Just cut down and exercise.
You'll pile it straight back on and more.
It's not normal not to eat.
You're alright as you are.

What sort of reactions has anybody else had??

Suki. Xx

I'd have said 'yes, I am' and then seen what his reaction would be.
People have commented on my weight gain (before I started LL!) cos I put on a lot in a short amount of time and actually asked me if I was on steroids or anything! I started replying that I wasn't fat, but had a tumour in my stomach. That shut em up. Xx

Love your sense of humour, people never have an issue mentioning when weight goes on but struggle to compliment when it goes off. Some of it will be jealousy, some will be genuine concern for you and your health becuase they dont fully understand the plan and how it works, not to mention your relationship with food!

I have had some of those comments, I am doing this for me and no one else if my 'so called' friends have an opinion thats fine but it wont change me or what I am doing.

This is your time to shine, ignore the comments xx

All of the above! THe one that really annoys me is the "you're fine as you are" because I'm pretty sure that they're the people that would say things behind my back! RIdiculous!

I'm on calorie counting - but I this week someone said to me your never beable to keep it up because you will get bored of it. I said I need to lose the weight so I am healthy simple as. They asked me my weight loss I said 18Ibs then they said well I lost 4 and half stone and then got bored and piled it back on as theres more to life then dieting. grrrrrr

One of my favourites is:

"Well, at least make sure you eat some fruit and veg everyday to get some vitamins" :rolleyes:

This after explaining that I'm 100% absinent from food, but that the packs have all the nutrients the body needs.

I didn't tell anyone about doing LL, because I didn't want to hear everyone's thoughts and 'tips' about it, but had to tell the people I live with for obvious reasons - it's like they are taking it in turns to try and dissuade me from doing it (as if that would work :p). I'm glad no one else knows, all these comments get quite annoying after a while.

i found at my biggest strangers commented on my weight but those closest to me didnt say a word
when i started on meal replacement ( im here from the cambridge forum ) then they all wanted to tell me how unhealthy it is, how im going to end up damaging my health, how they knew a friend of a friend of a friends neighbour who died after doing it. come along i was 23 and a half stone, THAT was killing me

'how they knew a friend of a friend of a friends neighbour who died after doing it. come along i was 23 and a half stone, THAT was killing me'

Brilliant! Everyone seems to know someone who's died from dieting, but not from clinical obesity. How ironic.

I've actually been really lucky I guess in that no one I particularly care about has said anything negative. Sure, they've asked questions about how healthy it is etc. but they trust me to make my own decisions. Anyone who says anything negative is generally not someone I'm too concerned about, so they can pretty much go to hell. Sorry to be blunt :p but I got no time for people like that and actually their comments completely wash over me.

Tis funny Joiya, cos these last 4 weeks have helped me become more of that person who really doesn't give a flying f what others think.
And guess what? I love it!

I'm doing this diet. I haven't gone into it without thoroughly researching it. It's right for me. So if others want to sabotage it - they can kiss my slowly-disappearing fat ass!!

Suki. Xx

Yeh. I had a few negative vibes when I did LL the first time around. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. I'm in a better frame of mind this time and I'm going to let the negative remarks wash over me. I have got a few good friends who support me 100% though. In my job we are supposed to be non judgmental. I say 'practice what u preach butties'. Lol. Anyway good luck everyone and stay positive. Juls. Xxxx

By the way suki. Well said. Hehehe

Last edited:
ive kept LL to myself.... i tell ppl iv cut out wine and chocolate.... its none of their business what we are doing... we are changing out lives for the better x

Not had an negativity actually... luckily... :)

I've only told a handful of people, and always at a time when I can properly explain the finer details... so, even if they are sceptical at first, once I'm done, they have as much confidence in it as I do! :D

Every one else... well, they can do one! They don't need to know... like you gembritney, I just say I've cut out snacking and eating late... seems to satisfy them! ;)

One of the other reasons I don't tell too many people is I am self-conscious enough about my weight... so, to be honest, embarking on a whole conversation about it with someone, or even worse, a group of people, making my weight the focus of everyone's attention... god no! Fills me with horror on many levels!... so... nope!... not for me ta! lol... ;)

xx

"I didn't like to ask - thought you might have cancer":sigh:
"I like you better fat. You are my mother figure":cry:
"I don't want you to be thinner than me, it wouldn't be right":confused:
"Why can't you just go to WW like everyone else and keep losing the same stone over and over?"
"Isn't that the diet where everyone always puts it back on afterwards?"

Those are just a few that spring to mind.
However there have also been loads of great compliments too, although I know some people are still waiting for me to pile it all back on!

Lucky I didn't do it for other people. It's none of their business.
Only yesterday someone said "It's a relief to see you on "solids".(2 years on!)
Do you have to be careful and watch what you eat? :doh:
Will you balloon again? :553:
Charming eh?:)

Back