Other positives about losing weight....

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
So apart from the fact we weigh less & look better what other positives have you found?

I have a fair few;

I have so much more energy

My house is tidier as I hate just sitting doing nothing

My relationship with hubby is better as I am so much happier in myself

I can play with my son a lot more, running about, rough & tumble & the likes

My social life is improving as I want to go out, I have 2 nights out in town in the next 6 weeks, last time I was in town was my hen night 9 years ago!!!!!

Anyone else????

I feel more confident as a person and other people have noticed it too.
I have more energy and more of a motivation to get up and go places, especially with my little girl.
I'm still only at the beginning of my journey, I have a very long way to go but I can see the positive effects already :)

1. I have more energy

2. feel more confident

3. being able to run around more with my lil boy

4. feeling sexy!!! xx

That is really good to hear! Are you Amy then, I saw on the John O Groats challenge Amy & am guessing thats you. Can't believe I didn't know your name, you have always just been HNM lol xx

I agree with all of the above also

I can wear skirts/short/tights without legging - I used to get really sore from chaffing :s

I don't feel like the fat one all the time, I'm just the larger side of normal lol

And I got to meet/virtually meet some lovely people who share everything with me including this incredibly hard journey! X

That is really good to hear! Are you Amy then, I saw on the John O Groats challenge Amy & am guessing thats you. Can't believe I didn't know your name, you have always just been HNM lol xx

Yes Lex thats me :) lol x

Mizkirsty said:
And I got to meet/virtually meet some lovely people who share everything with me including this incredibly hard journey! X

Aah Kirsty that's lovely. I agree wholeheartedly! Xx

1. I have more energy most days

2. feel more confident, people are noticing I look different :)

3. I like exercising - don't enjoy just sitting on the couch With OH in the evening prefer to go to exercise class!

4. feeling sexy!!! Agree with this one (grin)

You know what isn't it funny how everyone feels so much sexier!

It's great! I'm sure I've mentioned before I've even cleared out my underwear draws and bought all new pretty / sexy underwear - as gok wan would say no more period panties only sexiiii undies for me! Lol

La senza had a fab sale I have lots of both practically pretty and just pretty underwear!

Omg is that tmi lol?! Underwear talk?
Sorry ladies! Lol cx

No such thing as TMI here!

I think it's optimism for me. About everything. I used to wallow in "woe is me, I'm so fat, don't want to go out/go on holiday/meet people/make plans etc" No I'm looking forward to what life brings rather than getting bogged down in the here and now.

KB x

You know what isn't it funny how everyone feels so much sexier!

It's great! I'm sure I've mentioned before I've even cleared out my underwear draws and bought all new pretty / sexy underwear - as gok wan would say no more period panties only sexiiii undies for me! Lol

La senza had a fab sale I have lots of both practically pretty and just pretty underwear!

Omg is that tmi lol?! Underwear talk?
Sorry ladies! Lol cx

I cant wait to be able to wear underware/lingire from la senza. im still not a 18 yet and think la senza only go up to a size 18. i get my lingirie from simply yours catlogue xx

Yeah I think 18 is the last size they do! But they're closing down :( so maybe your have to make it a trip to Ann summers lol ;) x

Yep they went bankrupt a while ago . So you need to buy some In smaller sizes in anticipation of getting to that size :) great motivation though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

getting back into marks and spencers size. they do a lot of items upto size 22 so am just getting back into that size.

just feeling better about myself and feeling as if i am more in control

having more energy

will keep thinking of others to mention

I find that eating right is so much more enjoyable! I find that I'm stronger than I thought (cooking burgers and bacon for dp and I'd rather not eat it). My confidence is growing. Iv lost 18lbs yet everyone is noticing. I lost 4 stone, I went from 18 to 14stone and last year on just over 3stone. I'm back down to 15.7 and feeling great an motivated by you all to keep going!

I keep reading about everyone changing clothes size . We should set up a clothes swap for the ones that don't fit any longer . I know I keep giving mine to a charity shop but if someone else can make use of them first surely that would be better

toofatkat said:
I keep reading about everyone changing clothes size . We should set up a clothes swap for the ones that don't fit any longer . I know I keep giving mine to a charity shop but if someone else can make use of them first surely that would be better

I agree! If the person who wants them offers to pay postage I say why not! I've a bag of skirts a friend gave me mostly 22s & 24s I think they are but I'm not a skirt wearer x

Back