other slimming groups v weight watchers?????

1eturner

Hi All

I know this maybe really cheeky but i left ww about a month ago to try slimming world, although i have lost a few lbs and have had slightly bigger portions i now feel really restricted, especially when trying to find something to snack on!
Im really starting to regret swapping, has anyone else had any experience of this.

many thanks

Hi, I got fed up of weightwatchers also and joined Slimming World but found the weight was coming off really slowly and found the diet/preparing food such an effort. I rejoined WW at the beginning of April and lost 12lb in 4 weeks.. I have always found WW suited me a lot more than SW even if I do get fed up of it sometimes. I lost 2 stone a few years ago with WW and kept it off for quite a while but hopefully this time I will keep it off for good as I don't want to be fat and 40.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.. Ultimately it what suits the individual but I have always thought there is more scope to cheat on SW and find WW more restricting which is what I need.

Lol I've done them all including slimming world loads of times and lost well but for me that's the problem, I found it difficult to keep it going on sw. Feel that ww is totally different n much easier to fit into real life. Good luck with whatever u choose :)

Thanks both, had a difficult couple of days on slimming world, felt hungry and miserable! but tomorrow is a new day ww here i come.

Hi 1eturner.
How are you hungry on SW? I have been on it for 1 year, lost 6.5 stone.I have never eaten so much! For food ideas follow my link at the bottom of the page.
Pete

I've only just seen this thread & thought exactly the same as you Pete, how can you be hungry on SW.

What I would have suggested is that the OP question should have been posted in the SW section then she would have go lots of replies & maybe stop the hunger feeling. I've never tried WW but I thought it was more restrictive, which would lead to being hungry.

Anyway if you do wish to switch back to SW, check out people diaries to see what they eat, I can honestly say I've never felt hungry doing SW. I do eat loads, this morning I had ready brek & watermelon for lunch, I've snacked on apricots, for lunch cheese, carrots, petit pois & potatoes followed by a yogurt, I've got my nectarine for afternoon snack, I don't plan my meals, so I've no idea what tea will be but you can bet there is no way I'll go hungry.

Good luck with your weight loss.

I don't see how ww is restrictive at all... You can eat whatever you want... Yeah you have to point certain things but most fruit and veg is free still and you get extra 49pp on top of your daileys

Hi all,
I started S/W about 6yrs ago. The first time around lost 8st7lb, done well for couple of months of keeping it all off. The over 3yrs put it all back on. I done the green plan. Short term ok but found long term too difficult. I tried a second time to try to lose weight with S/W but again found it so boring, Yes you get large portion sizes and most is free. This time tried the Extra easy plan. Its great thou one side effect is to control size.
After a year of trying. I stopped agaiin became bored.
This year I've jacked S/W in and gone onto W/W's gotta say best move I've made. Can eat anything within reason. My portion control is far better. nd I'm still having treats and losing weight with it. I think on average 2.7lbs a week. Have been on it now for 18wks approx. as yet not gained and always lost or maintained.

CLH_X3 said:
I don't see how ww is restrictive at all... You can eat whatever you want... Yeah you have to point certain things but most fruit and veg is free still and you get extra 49pp on top of your daileys

totally agree

I found SW far more restrictive that WW is. I loved WW when I did it, hated SW, just didnt work for me. I think its funny how the biggest complaint on SW forum from people who tried WW is 'I was always hungry' yet one of the most common complaints in the WW forum is 'I cant eat all my points' lol I think theres always a temptation to see if 'the grass is greener' on the other side change does no harm, it either means you find a new diet that you like or it reinforces that actually the diet you were doing is the best one for you :)

Back