Our Gift To Ourselves..

Karen A

One Question....

What is your gift to yourself once you reach your desired weigh?

Personally, I think this is so very important. For some it may just be the reflection in the mirror, other running into the skinny girl from long ago...knowing you look Fab Hehehe. We all have motivation. Mentally this is a very healthy thing to do.

I would love to hear your story.
What is your goal once you do reach or have reached your final number.

Ooo I like this thread!

I have two things really. I want to be able to look at photos of myself without thinking 'oh i don't look too big in that one... What will the next one be like?! Oh I look too big in that'

And secondly I want to be able to buy something from topshop!!! Not beause I like the clothes - I don't know I never look as their sizes are ridiculously small -I want to buy something because I can!!! I've never been able to fit in topshop clothes so I would love to buy something from there just to say I have.

And now I come to think about it I'd love for my ex to see me. After we broke up after being together for over three years I saw something he wrote to his friend in facebook about his new girlfriend and
It said... 'and she isn't fat' - can't even begin to describe how much that hurt.

Great thread!

Mine is jeans - my legs are where I carry a lot of my weight so I find it really difficult to fit my thighs into a pair of jeans. so I have a tendancy to measure my weigthloss by what jeans I can fit into.

I've been battling with my weight since I was 15 - and I remember saying then that when I lost the weight I'd buy myself a pair of designer jeans. But only if i could get them in a size 10!!! I haven't got them yet, but maybe this time......

Mine is kind of stupid, but I'd love to get some new workout tops. I always wear the men's shirts because the women's shirts are all form fitting and tight (with very short sleeves and I HATE my bat wings from original 100lb loss). I'd find it a great sense of achievement if I could pull off proper workout clothes :).

My other gift to myself I'm already getting... that is each week my keep-fit classes become easier and easier - never realised how much strain I was putting on body going up and down that step with an extra 20lbs... hopefully I can give it another 10lb break!! ;)

What a nice thread! Mine is to buy a bikini and go on a beach holiday with my boyfriend. In 7 years of being together, we've been to so many places but never been on a beach holiday together. and I've never wore a bikini in my life. I want to lose the tummy flab and some boobs!

I just got one unexpected gift: this morning I saw the bottom of my ribcage for the first time in years, yay!

Definitely clothes for me. I don't want to buy any that are going to be unusable in a few weeks (hopefully). Just sadly waved goodbye to lovely pair of linen trousers that will only stay on with a tight belt and now look baggy. So charity shops only, if necessary, until true weight.

Back