out for dinner - have i totally blown it?

broxi

ButtErFly
Since starting SW about 5 weeks ago I have followed the plan apart from 1 night of my 50th birthday. Tonight though was out for dinner and had pea and ham soup (no bread) and chicken, onions, peas in a tomato sauce (which might have had cream in it) and savoury rice. That should be alright shouldn't it? If I used my syns for any oil or cream that I don't know about.

It's difficult to say because as you mention you don't know how much cream or oil was used. The ingredients you've listed sound good though - and if you haven't had any syns I would have thought you would be ok. It might be worth cutting back on your syns over the next couple of days though if you are worried. Sometimes better to be safe than sorry!

Thats the beauty of the EE plan - if you basically avoid bread and pastry etc you're limitating your damage. I eat out all the time and I couldn't have been as disciplined as you lol. If I have lunch out I generally stick to it x

I went out for a meal last week and although I tried to choose wisely the wine let me down Lol BUT I continued as normal the next day so just carry on with the plan and you should be fine. 1 meal isn't going to ruin it...it's how you deal with it after xx

thanks, that makes me feel better and you're right I didn't go crazy so 1 meal isn't going to pile on the pounds - I think I've got a bit paranoid and legalistic about it all.

There's no such thing as totally blowing it! As everyone else says it's about how you deal with how much you've overindulged and balancing it out across the week.

I doubt you've done any harm anyway, you're entitled to enjoy the odd meal out without hitting the panic button afterwards :) Just be a little more angelic for the next few days and bingo! Perfectly balanced week. Also don't go stressing over weigh in based on one meal - you'd need to scoff an extra 3500 calories to gain a single pound. Balance, balance, balance and calm :)

If you had one dead flower in the vase you wouldnt throw the rest away would you? And one meal out of 21 wont do too much harm! :)

Back