Out of control

B4u386

Hi everyone,
I haven't been on here for a while - and have been being really awful. I think the reason is I got down to 9st7lbs, and everyone was saying how good I looked and I felt really good. Instead of taking this on board as encouragment to carry on I got complacent, and for the past month I've been being so so bad. Last weeks weigh in I was up to 10st again (over the past few days i've been even more naughty and think im probably around 10st 3 now but too scared to get on the scales!). It does make me sad but I just keep eating bad things, I can't stop! I don't know what to do, I'd love to get back down again - my target weight is still 9st, it just makes me feel bad to know that even when I get down to that weight I'm still going to have to work hard - it's a constant battle. You see all these people loosing so much weight but then they just gain it again, and that's exactly what's happened to me.
I know deep down that the only thing I can do is get back on the diet but (i know this is an excuse) I'm revising for pretty heavy law exams at the moment and so find myself getting bored and wanting that extra snack - I have plenty of apples and yogurts etc and mainly eat those but I feel like I'm eating too much! When I'm on my own I'm good and can follow plan but whenever anyone offers me anything bad I don't say no.
I know it's ultimately down to me but I really need some help :cry:

I think sometimes the pressure we put ourselves under to lose weight can become such a burden we can't cope with it.

We are by far our own worst critics and can be more hurtful to ourselves than other people.

Sometimes all we can do is give ourselves a telling off for being so mean to ourselves, draw a line under it and move on xx

agreed - we put ourselves under too much pressure. There is a girl @ my group who burst into tears last week as she'd had a gain. In that case, it's her mum that's piling the pressure on.

We know what to do, we know how to do it, but we're human. The thing is, don't beat yourself up over it. Take a step back and look at what you've achieved so far. you're amazing!

You'll get back on track, when you're ready to do it!:psiholog:

I agree with the others..draw a line underneath and try not th think of the weight youve gained..think of the weight your gonna shed instead! Good luck!;)

You will get to goal again Huni, but only you can stop yourself from eating the things that you shouldnt.
As the others have said, draw a line under it all and start afresh. Think about all the reasons why you started SW in the first place, do you want to be back there again?
Plan your meals and stick to it religiously and you know that you can do it. Come on here whenever temptation gets too much...you can do it Huni!!!

Thankyou everyone - your words are wise :)
I'm going to really try hard to get back to doing it 100%, the thing is I remember when I was really into it I was thinking 'how could anyone not stick to plan, it's so easy' - I need to get back into that mentality again. I'm starting right now and so am going to the gym!
Thankyou again, I should never have stopped coming on here!

You know what I'd do?
I'd practise maintaining for a bit. Relax for a little while, try maintaining and then after a couple of weeks, then get back into it.

Back