Total Solution Out of curiosity, how many people put all the weight back on?

OzLozz

I just wondered after reading on a lot of posts that people have gained back their lost weight and some. Is that to be expected as the norm? I really don't want that

funnily enough i was just reading getslimquicks post in the maintainers section, she has done really well. Have a look and at the success stories

Thanks I will do it now.

I think it all depends on what your attitude is when you get to goal, or near it. If it's "yay I can eat again" and you dont then follow a maintenance plan and change your the eating habits that got you to put on the weight in the first place, then of course you'll put it back on. I did LL, lost 5 stone and put back 7 stone. I didnt really regulate my eating habits for long, I did initally but then got bored of having to think about it all the time and went back to eating what was frankly crap, ready meals and stuff like that, so no wonder the weight went back on. I haven't really considered how I'm going to deal with food when I'm back on it as it's so far away but I do think the key for me is low carb, I find carbs addictive and last time I remember that once I'd had carbs again I felt out of control.

jael, I think that's the key isn't it, are you seeing exante as a starvation diet to lose weight and then go back to what you were doing before or are you seeing it as a way of not just losing weight but identifying when you want food, why you want food and what food you crave at certain times

If you do put all the weight back on that's down to you not the diet. Just as many people regain on sw/ww etc as on vlcds

I maintained on Lipotrim for about 6-8 months I think and then exante I gained a stone but maintained about that for about a year! Them got engaged and stopped smoking and bam gained over 2 stone lol!

It really is possible to maintain as long as you change the way you eat!! It's so easy to forget that your meant to be eating healthy so it's a complete shock to the system but I'm confident I'm in the right mindset this time to maintain!

The shake really are the easy bit!!

That's so true chelly as much as we have our struggles on the diet, it really is the easy bit. I have gained so much insight into my comfort eating when bored and stressed etc, so when I go back to eating I will have to remember not only to eat healthy food but also to look out for my danger times and put stratehies in place other than food

we really do have to retrain our brains like... its sooo easy to think one treat wont hurt!

its a matter of making sure we still weigh every week and any small rise instead of thinking "oh its only a couple of lbs" think RIGHT i need to get that off again... or before we know it every week we are saying oh its only a couple and before you know it its a stone on!

I think it's really important to have a plan for after your VLCD, I lost about 20lbs on Exante and I've kept it off for about a year, I went on to JUDDD then as life was all over the place and I had to get a hold on myself before the lbs got a hold again. It's not easy I've lost over 12 stones now and kept the vast majority off for about 8 years, unfortunately we have to watch what we eat forever it seems :(

You can gain it back after coming off any diet... I should know, I have done more diets than I care to think about and have usually regained the weight. It's all about changing the way you eat forever isn't it... it's that awful choice; Do you want to be fit and slim or do you want to eat rich, fattening, sweet and delicious food?
Every day when we make a meal choice we answer that question... I am hoping THIS TIME I can do it... and do it for good.

Good luck. x x

Some people just aren't meant to be naturally slim and we just have to work at it for the rest of our lives. It's not fair but there's not a lot we can do about it unfortunately except keep working hard to keep the weight off.

I'm the same, it's pants like and I always forget after a while I'm meant to eat healthy and then find myself back at square one =(

I did but I can say 100% it was all my fault. I have never known a eater like me when I get going, I should have my own television programme or something! The silly thing is when I get back on this I actually like the feeling of being 'empty' and not full to the brim and bloating, doesn't stop me reaching for the chocolate though.

I think a lot of my problem is I finished about 2 stone from goal last time, because I wasn't totally 'finished' iykwim I think it made me feel I wasn't maintaining as such because I had stopped short. I think this time I should finish what I started and then make it my aim to stay there!

This is only my first time on Exante but i knew when I started it that you have to change your eating habits for life! This really is the easy part!
I'm quite lucky as I'm going travelling for 3 months and will be on tight budgets and trekking everywhere so won't have the luxury of ready meals or anything
like that! But I think if you have the right mindset anyone can keep it off really :) Of course sometimes things effect if but as Chelly said, recognise the gain and
work to keep it off rather than just accepting it!:)

Back