OUT OF KETOSIS

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Madam Mimm, 9 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Madam Mimm

Madam Mimm Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I had my second weigh in last night. I did really well & lost 9lbs! That's 15lbs in total! The only downside from last night was that according to the Ketostix thingy, I am not in ketosis. My LLC said that my weight loss would indicate that I am fat burning, so not not worry & it might be that it either didn't show up on the stick, or I might be someone that goes in & out of ketosis. I promise I have not cheated - not even a little bit. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    You've lost 15lb ... there IS no downside :)

Well done - that's fantastic: over a stone in two weeks! You probably weren't registering ketones because you've been drinking heaps of water and they're mega diluted. Don't worry - you're cooking on gas and doing well!

Last edited: 9 August 2007
  4. Madam Mimm

Madam Mimm Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Thanks for that. I must say I have been drinking AT LEAST 5 litres a day! I feel much happier now! :D

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Wow well done on the losses.....amazing, dont get hung up on the sticks though. If you are being 100% on the diet it will work.....I havent tested for ketosis for a long time, I feel there is no need as Im sticking to it and the weight is coming off.

Russiandoll likes this.
  6. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

I've never trusted those sticks!
    If it's coming off then you're in ketosis. As time goes on you will absolutely know the signs and your bod will definitely go through so many changes in terms of how it responds to all sorts of things.
    Well done on such a great start :D

7. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I'm on my 4th day and am just in ketosis, can someone tell me, is it the purpler the colour the more you are in ketosis, I joined my group when everbody was in week 2, so I migh of missed this information,
    thanks
    xxx

8. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Basically pinks and purples indicate ketosis with more purple being deeper but as discussed before this can also indicate dehydration so its sometimes difficult to judge (despite 6 litres of water I am a persistent dark violet).

9. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    thanks for that kerrie, so basically as long as it is pink onwards, I'm drinking 5 litres a day xx

10. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes but don't get too hung up if it never comes up the right colour - my weight loss shows I am burning fat well and if I wasn't drinking enough it would probably be slower so the ketostix aren't always that informative. If you are having 4 packs a day, 4 litres plus and not nibbling anything then you are doing everything right!

11. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there

I have had 3 weigh ins and all have been negative! I can honestly say I have not once cheated although I have been close! ;)

As said above don't get hung up about it - I don't. If I know I have not cheated and have drunk the water then I just accept it

xxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.