Out of my group....

Beks, you can do it, I know it! I'm relying on you and will be reading your posts on here to give me support over Xmas saying how well you've done!! I get the impression that you are not the type of person to need food/drink to enjoy yourself anyway, and how much more fun will you be when you feel all empowered and proud of yourself!

Sorry, I'm half talking to myself there too!! I'm SO going to abstain I know it!

I am trying very very hard! I've had my lapse. And I am not going to do it again. Little demon voice must shut up! I'm going to do this.

Oh, and I will be chuntering on here all over Xmas! You can count on it!!

B x

Eating at Christmas

No way. I am ready to start RTM, BUT TOO RISKY at Christmas time.
Had a good meeting tonight. Have spoken to my LLC and decided to remain abstinent over Christmas and start RTM in
January.
No point jeopardising all this hard work for 2 weeks more.
Good luck everyone.

:dancing_snowman:

There is no reason to eat at Christmas unless you want to extend the length of your diet by about 3 -4 weeks or more. Everyone who plans to lapse for XMAS and the 'get right back on', doesn't. They lapse, and lapsing at XMAS is deadly dangerous - because no one can get back on it the next day easily, and then they are surronded by holiday food so it turns into weeks.

Please don't do it. :)

It is just food. End of.

In fact, ask all your other members in group if they would reccomend a Heroin Addict who has struggled to come clean for weeks/months, would they reccomend he get high on XMAS, cause its special?? I don't think so!! This is no different in most cases.

There will be other XMAS's to celebrate, and it really should be as easy to get through the day with your packs as any other event you attend and abstain.

Its just food. Just keep reminding yourselves that. Its just food - and you are just getting slim. Which do you want to see the most of XMAS morning - fat, lard, sugar and junk - or, you looking slim. :)

Excellent posts one and all. I am definately remaining abstinant over Christmas. My family were initially puzzled by this but after much explaining they clicked. My sister who has previously been a bit difficult is even buying me one of those fancy bottles of water- you know where you cant really taste the difference but they charge £3 per litre cos the glass is a pretty colour.

BL - brilliant analogy of the heroin addict having one hit because it's Christmas.

I was listening to some of the members (we were actually very low on numbers last night too, which I suspect is the start of the slippery slope) and some of the reasons for eating, while obviously valid to them, just made no sense to me, most likely because it's very personal thing, but it seemed to me like they were kidding themselves. Also, most of the people who were planning on eating had already had a lapse before. I'm not being judgemental about the lapsing, but it seems to make things okay to do it again. One lady even went out this Saturday and had two glasses of wine, which led to lots more and a take away, but she stayed the same. She even admitted that if she could do this and stay the same "one meal" wasn't going to make a difference. But I so agree with you BL, I'm certain that they won't stop at that one planned and controlled meal.

Yeh unfortunately people who see that they can stay the same even though they are cheating, will more often than not keep pushing the boundaries until surprise surprise they have well and truly fallen off the wagon.
I had my blip on Friday and I have well and truly learnt from it. I don't want to go back there and I think it makes me want to stick to abstinance more through the festive period.

B x

Something my LLC says all the time stays with me constantly. You read all the time about people saying 'I've made an adult decision to eat' or some variation of that statement. She says that's the last thing it is and that if you're on foundation or developers, the adult decision is to abstain.

I'm not being judgemental but I agree with her. I do recognise though that everyone is different and different things work for different people. I agree with BL too. Eating over christmas is basically gonna put 2 weeks on the diet. That's another 2 weeks of abstaining that I don't need to do and it's gonna cost me another £132 quid! That's alot of money for a bit of turkey and a mince pie.....

Something my LLC says all the time stays with me constantly. You read all the time about people saying 'I've made an adult decision to eat' or some variation of that statement. She says that's the last thing it is and that if you're on foundation or developers, the adult decision is to abstain.

I'm not being judgemental but I agree with her. I do recognise though that everyone is different and different things work for different people. I agree with BL too. Eating over christmas is basically gonna put 2 weeks on the diet. That's another 2 weeks of abstaining that I don't need to do and it's gonna cost me another £132 quid! That's alot of money for a bit of turkey and a mince pie.....

Haha!! Guy, that's genius!!

I'm spending my saved £132 on Bekimas in July!!

B x

Guy, completely agree, that's exactly what I said to my husband when I came in last night, and believe me, if I was tempted by the £132 turkey and mince pies, I think he'd snatch them away from me knowing how much it was going to cost in extra fees!! ;-)

Back