Over 4 stone gone and I can't see a difference.

Alia

Silver Member
I know I've got a huge amount of weight to lose but I was hoping that after more than 4 stone gone I'd be able to look in the mirror and see a change :(

I have noticed a bit in my clothes, mainly cause even my biggest clothes I have were really tight and are n't really any more and so on but physically I dont feel different - I'm still in bad pain with my back and joints and still need an oxygen tank by the time I get to the top of the stairs (almost lol)

I'm wondering how much more I have to lose before I can really notice a difference :cry::cry:

Oh hun, did you take before and after pictures? I bet the difference is noticable to people that you havnt seen for a while. You probably just dont notice the difference because you see yourself every day. xxx

Taking photos is a great way of seeing how you've changed, I lost 4 stone for my wedding last year but really didnt feel as though i had lost anything as afterall its just a number on the scales but i happened to come across some photos of me at my friends little boys party and i look HUGE!! I can see a massive difference from then till now even though i feel the same,

If you dont have any pre weight loss photos take some now and when you lose more you will be able to look back and see how fantastic you have really done

Well done on the weight loss, You have done amazing!!

x

Hi Alia

I have found in the past that I have to lose at least 3.5 stone before anyone else actually notices anything - and then there's suddenly a tipping point where people suddenly go "wow, you've lost loads of weight".

We tend not to notice in ourselves as we see body every day, and the changes are subtle over time. Even when I've lost a lot of weight in the past, I haven't really felt any thinner - but then when I look back to my younger days, when I only weighed 13 stone, I still felt fat then - so it's all in the mind!

I'm sure you will soon start to notice.

Helen x

I just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss hun you're doing so well, inspirational in fact :)

I have only lost a small amount of weight compared to yours and a pic of me from just 3 or 4 months ago and one I have taken a few days ago I can see it around my face. Taking pics is going to be a weekly routine for me from now on lol.
x

Congratulations on your loss Alia! You've done soooo well! I agree that if you had before and after pics you would definitely see the difference. It's just that weight loss happens so gradually we don't notice it in ourselves (except for the way that clothes fit). Keep on keeping on - you're doing fabulously!

ZXXXXXXXXXXX

Hope you dont mind me posting as I am not doing SW. Congrats on your loss Alia, you are doing fantastic! I have lost 4.5 stones and did not think you could notice a difference but I have been taking pics and I have some up on my profile after 4stone loss and I can actually notice a difference. Keep it up and you WILL notice the changes very soon :D x

Well done on your fab weight loss hun!

I find that people never really notice when I lose weight. I am almost 6ft tall and I'm generally big (as in I'll never ever be a size 10, prob size14 if I ever get to my smallest, if you know what I mean!). I have in the past lost 2 and half stone and nobody, apart from my mum, noticed at all!! I think it's because I've always been big, at age 14 I was wearing size 16.

I know it's disheartening but you are doing it for you not others so try not to think about it.

And there will come a point when people start noticing.

Good luck!!

x

To be honest Alia I think the bigger you are to start off with, the longer it takes to feel a difference. I say that as someone who started off at 19st. You've done brilliantly to lose that 4st, but you still have a ways to go hon and it will take time to see and feel a difference. With me, I had to lose around 5st before I could actually see a difference when I looked in the mirror. Sucks, but that's how it is when you have a lot to lose.

Just keep going, don't think too much about it right now - you WILL see a difference at some point, and you'll feel so absolutely over the moon when you do. It's worth the frustration you feel in the meantime, trust me. :)

well done Alia on your weight loss.

I suggest that if you dont have a start of photo do one now.

Also take your measurements, you will be amazed when you recheck them a few months down the line

yah, i was thinking the same as elizabeth. At the beginning, I didn't notice my changes that much, but I could not deny, when I had to wear a smaller size. but now, a few kg, seem to show differences much faster, though sometimes, I cannot see any change at all even to when I started.lol- I guess, it takes time to get used to.lol and take photos- there's always some difference you can notice ;)
Just keep going, take everyday at a time, bad days will come, good days will come and sizes will drop, inches will melt, and you'll get to goal! xxx :)

Thanks every one for your kind words and support - the day will come when I look in the mirror and see the change, till then I'm just gonna keep those pounds melting away!!!

That's the way Alia! Go get 'em girl! You'll be a skinny minny in no time... If I do even a bit as well as you have I'll be chuffed!

ZXXXXXXXXXXXX

It will sink in soon Hun and well done on the loss so far!
I have to agree though that until I saw pictures of myself, I hadnt realised the weight loss. Even looking at myself in the mirror doesnt make any difference! Ive gone from a 28-30 to a size 12-14 and still see myself as big.
It will come one day Im sure!

x

Thanks every one for your kind words and support - the day will come when I look in the mirror and see the change, till then I'm just gonna keep those pounds melting away!!!

You go for it...

I found photos allowed me to see the change. To feel the changes - i don't think i saw that for at least 5 months and 5 stone, though there were subtle things I had started to pick up on. Not to do with the physical health, but the mental side of things. My confidence growing - being able to have a conversation with total strangers, or stand up for myself properly if i felt mistreated in a shop.

Start keeping a diary maybe - regular photos but also noting the little things that are not the norm as well. Read back after a month at the earliest and see what has in fact change.

Back