Over 4 stone to lose

Thur -
Breakfast- porridge - 188 cal
Morning snack -
Lunch - tomato soup, ryvita - 255 cal
Afternoon snack - 100g prawns - 80 cal
Tea - stew - 216 cal
Evening snack - cheese curls, Milky Way, 3 cups of tea, 40ml of red wine, Creme egg, melon & yoghurt - 504 cal

Total Calories - 1200

Not the best of days but I stayed with 1200 calories. I fancied a glass of wine but only had a few caloroes left, hence the 40ml of wine ! Which I savoured.

I'm having Indian takeaway tomorrow and iv picked 1/2 king prawn saag, 1/2 boiled rice & a chapati....swished down with 3 small glasses of red. But again, it's still within my calorie range.
I'm starting to realise that I can have treats as this is a long term thing and I don't want to buckle and then quit the diet. Even if I lose

Thats a fantastic loss, well done! Im doing exactly the same with the small goals. 4 stone scares me into thinking im never going to make it. Im just trying to focus on the next stone bracket each time :). Ooo your ryvita sound lovely, I never thought of having them like that, I must try it!

Yeah it definitely is scary! I'm trying not to think of me when I was slim as it just depressed me. Grilled cheese ryvita was really tasty ! Sainsburys lighter mature cheddar is the best iv had. Real strong taste, reminds me of Parmesan.

So after today I think my calories will be around 2600 :/ iv chosen a high calorie takeaway but I'm just guna carry on tomorrow & have low caloroes tomorrow & Sunday and iv also just bought Josie Gibsons exercise DVD so I'm excited to do that tomorrow.
I Shall update my food later.

Friday

B - porridge, breakfast bar - 215cal
L - tomato soup, 2 ryvita - 211
T - curry, chips, rice, naan - 1475
S - 300ml low cal red wine, milk - 528

Total caloroes - 2429

Eeek went a bit overboard tonight !!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have

B/L- grilled breakfast -222
T - bacon & green bean tomato pasta - 284
A - crisps, choc, milk- 190

Total -695

And definetly no wine !!

Saturday

B/L - grilled breakfast -224
T - trout, asparagus, courgettes, brown rice, olive oil - 268
S - cheese curls, dreamy, 1 bottle of cava - 671

Total calories - 1162

I wasn't going to have any wine but iv just bought an e-cig and I'm quitting Monday so I want to say goodbye to my cigarettes with a bottle of my favourite cava. Plus, iv not had wine on a Saturday for 3 weeks so it's my little treat. Thankfully I'm still within my calorie allowance.

I bought josie Gibsons exercise DVD and today I bought some dumbells to use with it so I'll be on that tomorrow, so feel less guilty :)

My bf keeps making funny comments bout my exercise DVD & dumbells ....'ha like you'll ever use that'
Really pees me off! He's overweight too & SAYS he wants to lose weight but won't weigh himself or actually do a diet, he thinks just cause he's having a healthy tea that he's fine! And then I say anything to him bout how he should cut his 6 slices of bread out a day he gets all hostile about it!
Tbh it makes me want to succeed sll the more!
As long as I can still have a few glasses of wine & treats a week I'm happy with even a pound a week off ! Or even half a pound!

I had a c section 3 years ago so iv got a overhang so I dunno whether to start moisturising my stomach so it doesn't end up all horrid when I lose weight.

Sunday 2nd feb 2014
Weight - 14st 3.5

B - chiquitos full breakfast - 603 cals
L - 2 Ryvita, cheese, tomato - 132 cal
T - ww arriabata, prosciutto, mozzarella - 405 cal
S - crisps, maltesers, milk - 191
E - cleaning 30 min - 112 cal

Total Calories -1219

Monday 3rd Feb 2014
Weight 14st 4 3/4

B - melon & yoghurt - 62 cals
L - potato & leek soup, 3 ryvita - 207 cals
T - pork, mash, veg - 390 cals
S- 4 quality street, milk, crisps, dreamy, skinny cappuccino - 422 cals

Total Calories - 1080

I started today with the intention of incorporating 5:2 into my calorie counting, so fast of 500 cals mon & thur & max 1400 cals the other days. I was famished by 11am and then allllllll day and couldn't stop thinking bout food.
So it's back to normal calorie counting for me- need to get it in my head that this isn't a quick fix!

So I was in two minds whether to have my choc bar ,crisps & cappacino and as I'm still hungry I'm going to have 2 ryvita, lighter cheese & 2 thin slices of tomato grilled. I figure this is healthier then crisps, chocolate & cappuccino & will stop my stomach grumbling.

Did I make the better choice ?!

Total calories - 1073

Tomorrow I'm going to try & up my calories but with healthier choices.

I am going to be checking the inches weekly.

As of today

Bust - 45 1/2 inch
Under bust - 36inch
Waist - 45 inch
Hips - 47 1/2 inch
Thigh - 27 inch
Upper arm - 13 1/2 inch
Neck - 15 inch

Not sure I like this inches malarkey - makes me seem so huuuuuge!!!

Going well today, had clean food only so far & looking forward to a yummy salad for tea.

I did harcombe a while ago & I keep thing whether to do it or not...think I'll get the book out tonight & see how my meal plans will differ with what I have now & whether it's doable.

Looks like your doing really well. Whats Harcombe? Never heard of it before x

Iv pasted some info below about the diet.
It's good cos the first & hardest phase is just 5 days long then you can start adding stuff back in.

Not 100% sure whether I'll restart it or not tho.

Harcombe Diet

The diet works by cutting out foods that lead to cravings and weight gain. So out go sugar, dairy products, wheat products and all processed foods.

But as there's no portion control on what you can eat you never need to feel hungry - which means that, unlike other diets, this one is incredibly easy to stick to.

Zoe says: "This five-day plan gives you the kick-start you need. Most people lose an average of 5lb - but I've seen people lose up to 14lb.

"It works because everyone can maintain something for a short period of time, like five days.

The 5 day plan rules

/ Unless specified, you can eat as much as you like so you shouldn't feel hungry.

/ Drink about 1.5 litres of water, herbal tea, decaf tea or coffee (without milk) a day.

/ No dairy is allowed, apart from a knob of butter for cooking when stated, and as much natural live yoghurt as you like.

/ Don't mix fats (eg meats ) and carbs (eg brown rice) in the same meal - because the body will end up storing the fat.

/ Cut out all wheat such as bread and pasta. Replace with brown rice.

/ Avoid all processed food, alcohol, sugary snacks and fruit as all affect blood sugar levels and lead to cravings.

/ Eat as much natural yoghurt as you like as it kills off bacteria in the stomach and combats bloating.

/ A protein-only breakfast, like eggs and bacon, means you'll stay full until lunchtime.

/ Unless mentioned, all foods can be cooked in any way - roasted, fried, grilled, baked, poached, steamed etc.

/ You can have unlimited amounts of any vegetables, apart from potatoes and mushrooms.

/ Salad can consist of any veg - lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, cucumber, onion, beetroot and so on.

/Swap any meal with another if you don't like something - but don't have rice or porridge more than once a day.

/The diet is only designed for five days, but you can follow it for up to 14 days then slowly reintroduce foods like wholemeal bread & pasta & baked potatoes. But take care not to mix them with fats.

Tuesday

B / porridge
L - soup & thins
T - chicken & prosciutto salad
S - milk, carrot, cucumber, houmous, apple

Total Calories - 900

Decided I am going to complete a week of the harcombe diet starting next Monday & hopefully this will be my meal plan :-

Monday
B - ham mini quiches
L - chicken salad
T - Frittata & Salad
S - yoghurt, vegetable sticks

Tuesday
B - porridge
L - frittata & salad
T- BNS curry & rice

Wednesday
B - bacon & egg
L - soup
T - chicken & veg

Thursday
B - porridge
L - soup
T - cottage Pie(carrot & swede top)

Friday
B - ham mini quiches
L - cottage pie(carrot & swede top)
T - fish & veg

Saturday
B -bacon, egg, plum tomatoes
L - soup
T - lasagne(leeks as the pasta)

Sunday
B - bacon, egg, plum tomatoes
L - lasagne (leeks as the pasta)
T - roast Chicken & veg

Wednesday 5th February 2014

Day 17
Weight - 14st 2 3/4
Total Loss - 6lbs

B - muffin, bacon, egg, 2 hash brown - 525 cals
L - Turkey Salad - 196 cals
T - chicken dinner - 476 cals
S - milk, yoghurt & melon -138 cals

Total Calories - 1335

Today was a good day, iv tried adding more calories so that I'm not hungry & snack on bad things. Iv stopped having my nightly crisps & chocolate & trying to choose healthier options.
Tonight if I'm peckish I'm going to have Jacobs thins & reduced calorie houmous.
Iv also been having lots of water & not had any wine for 4 nights in a row now.

Decided to take myself to bed so I don't have a 9pm snack !!

Thursday 6th February 2014

Day 18
Weight - 14st 1 1/2
Total Loss - 7lbs
No wine for 5 days

B - porridge & apple - 261cals
L - Frittata & salad - 322 cals
T - BNS curry, brown rice & chapati - 398 cals
S - milk, houmous, 2 flatbreads -205 cals

Total Calories - 1187

Looking forward to my curry tonight, it's soooo tasty!!
Hopefully I'll stick to my food plan for today.
Really really chuffed getting to 14stone 1lb, especially as I'm nearly in the 13's! To say I started this diet journey over a year ago in the 16s and now I'm days away from the 13s really spurs me on!!
I'm going out on Saturday night to a club so I shall be sticking to vodka & diet coke & will try & drink water in between, for calorie reasons & I also don't want to feel like crap the next day.
I usually have a greasy burger & chips at the burger can after going out so in thinking if making a very very thin pizza with passata, mushroom, mozzarella & prosciutto and saving that to eat cold when I get in. Plus eating that will mean I won't go straight to bed and will have lots of water & some berocca!

Friday 7th February 2014

Day 19
Weight - 14st 2
Total Loss - 6 3/4

B - porridge -215 cal
L - Frittata & salad - 427 cal
T - BNS curry, brown rice & chapati - 304 cal
S - milk, 200ml wine - 322 cal

Total Calories - 1276

I ended up having sausage & mash last night & had my curry tonight. Was lovely & did enough to freeze 2 portions for work next week.
My weight went up this morning (I weigh daily) but not too fussed bout that as been constipated.
Bought a bottle of Shiraz Cabernet tonight but only going to have 1 glass tonight as I'm out tomorrow and it's my treat tonight for not having a cigarette since Sunday night.
Iv not been too bothered about not smoking as I'm using an e-cig and I'm too busy food planning to think about proper cigarettes.

I set out in 2014 with a few New Years resolutions thinking that yet again I wouldn't follow through but so far I have :-

1. Stopped drinking wine every night & having it maximum of 2 nights a week & less on those nights then before
2. Started a diet
3. Quit smoking

I just need to start exercising! My josie Gibsons DVD is in the DVD player but iv been sooo tired this week, possibly due to quitting smoking ? I'm not sure. But I'm going to tackle that next week.

On Monday I'm quitting the calorie counting and starting a harcombe ish diet.
Basically I'm not eating any processed food, limiting bread, potato & fruit and not mixing carbs & fat.
If I'm hungry I'm going to have vegetable crudités & natural live yoghurt. Maximum of 2 pieces of fruit a day. Most days are true harcombe apart from milk and the occasional potato but if don't think I'm intolerant to anything of have candida or hypoglycaemia.
I'm not too scared about not calorie counting as iv not really been taking much notice of my calories this week and just trying to eat healthily

Monday
B - porridge
L - BNS Curry
T -Roasted Chicken thighs, spinach with ratatouille

Tuesday
B - porridge
L - potato & leek
T - Salmon, cherry tomatoes, spinach & asparagus

Wednesday
B - bacon & egg
L - BNS Curry & chapati
T - roast chicken & veg

Thursday
B - bacon & egg
L - carrot & coriander soup
T - cottage pie with carrot & swede

Friday
B -
L - rump steak, jacket potato, mushroom & corn on the cob
T - Quorn Chilli with brown rice, cauliflower wrap, Guacemole & salsa

Subscribing, you've done really well up to now and I'm interested to see your results harcombe, never heard of it before. I'm low carbing but have decided to introduce a few carbs on exercise days (porridge, sweet potato) but on them days reduce my fat intake, so a bit like harcombe? Anyway I hope you do well!

Back