Ovulation weight gain?

jillz

Just been doing a bit of analysis and noticed that the weeks where I don't do so well (either STS or lose very little) are the weeks that I am ovulating.

I googled it and apparently it is common to gain weight through water retention/constipation at this time. Anyone else notice this?

:confused:

Yep usually sts, but I always feel 'bigger' at this time & usually lose double the following wi, although for me it is bot actually the week I'm on, but the few days after I've finished, but I have always put an asterik on my card so I can c a pattern from the last yr

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm always massively bloated 11-14 days in.. its a killer! Id say I'm sometimes more bloated when ovulating than when actually due on some months xxx

Yup, get badly bloated before totm and poor tummy bloats out.

Yes!! I def notice it and can be as bad as totm or worse! I get really bad ovulation pains and fat tummy!

I always used to gain 7 lbs that week and lose exactly 7 the week afterwards. So each month I only had two weeks of actual losing :(

Thanks ladies, glad it's not just me! I'd always heard girls say they were bloated during their period but for me it would be the opposite, start getting bloated about 2 weeks in then once it arrives I almost immediately feel lighter.

I had a 1.5lb gain this week. Hope I get it off and more next week. My leader said as long as I recognise that ovulation week for me then I know why there might be a gain. I'm thinking though that I'll just have to try harder those weeks.

Dam these hormones!

Jillz - hormones are bugger!!!! I just finished a course of IVF so had 'forced ovulation' for abount a week..... - TRY A 13LB GAIN IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! lol....i ddnt even eat any cakes!

xx

I'm due my TOTM tomorrow and it's my weigh in day :-( feeling bloated but gonna go and fingers crossed for a STS or a loss! Xxxx

Hormones are horrid. That's why men lose weight easier - they don't have hormones running around making them eat chocolate or gain weight for no apparent reason.

I tend to gain when I ovulate, and find it difficult to lose when I'm on, IYSWIM. Hopefully WW will be better for me than SW in this respect - I'm due on tomorrow and lost 3.5 lbs, which is more than I've ever done on SW at TOTM.

I cane in last night and at weigh in today only lost 0.75 lb so it has effected my loss this wk but the best thing is I no that's y I had a little loss, instead of thinking all my hard work was for nothing

Back