oxo cubes and bad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jools1986

Silver Member
I have eaten pork scratchings :(

I have felt so sick and weak all day and I went out and almost passed out, the only thing I could find in the shop to not take me out of ketosis was pork scratchings

I have to get back on track tomorrow 110% tomorrow.

Also are we allowed oxo cubes? I need savoury!

i think so there like bouillon i think

I would probably look at giving up Exante and exploring an alternative diet where you can eat on a daily basis. SlimFast would be a good option.

The Exante diet itself is simple in that you can only stick to the Exante shakes, soups or bars. You have 3 or 4 a day. That's it. Adding in stuff, whatever it is, Oxo Cubes, Pork scratchings, whatever, is going to add calories and you will no longer be doing a VLCD. It will slow down (and possible reverse) the fat burning process which will lead to less/no weight being lost, resulting in you swiftly getting impatient and dropping it altogether.

If you don't have the willpower to stick with these rules, fair enough, I'm not attacking you, but you can't "mix and match" and add things in whenever you feel like it. If, as you say, you're feeling very ill on the diet, then you don't need to see a GP in order to establish that you probably should come off it anyway and go get some medical advice before exploring new avenues. However, the diet does come with some 'symptoms' that do seem to disappear given time. Hunger, is, of course, one.

Obviously pork scratchings are a terrible thing to eat, regardless. C'mon! They're full of fat, have hardly any nutritional value whatsoever, and, more to the point, would surely do little in the way of filling you up even if you were starving hungry in the first place (unless you ate absolutley loads and the amount you would need to eat on order to feel significantly fuller would be calorie/fat city). I doubt Oxo Cubes provide exactly a wealth of nutritional value either.

I don't deny that Exante is somewhat challenging at times. I'm into my third week and have had some tough days. However, I have stuck with it 100% and have just had my second month's supply arrive. Although it's hard, there IS a payoff - I've already had well over a stone and a half disappear. But then, I've done exactly what has been requested of me. If this is too hard, please go and look at other diets. They may not be as rewarding quite so quickly, but you may find them easier to cope with.

Well done for being so dedicated, but I must tell you that I have been on VLCD now for almost 5 weeks so I am well aware of how it works.

I came from an atkins background so the reason I chose pork scratchings is because they will not take me out of ketosis.

Out of 5 weeks I have had 2 slip ups, one was a miniscule chicken salad and the other was today.

You appear to be quite educated on diet, so you would know that not only does slim fast contain ungodly amounts of sugar, but exante also has higher plans.

I am more than capable of sticking 100% to a VLCD diet, it is NOT a case of willpower (I think my stats speak for themselves) it was a case of I felt as though I was literally going to pass out in the street. Yes I should have had a shake but I didn't, I just wanted to feel better in that moment, back to willpower, as my diary shows I have exercised a massive amount of willpower over my journey.

I appreciate what you are telling me, but I wasn't looking for someone to give me a reason to give up exante, I am very much enjoying the quick results and my losses have not been hindered. Also exante states that you MAY use boullion, I was asking about oxo because it is all they have in the shop. I am also enjoying the products and giving up has never entered my mind.

conventional dieting does not work for me, I have alot of issues with food and I have been of almost every diet out there. I know that low carbing/vlcd is for me, therefore I made the wisest choice I could basd on my resources and knowledge, the fact that KFC is next door, I think it showed restraint to not go and get what I actually wanted to eat.

Thank you for taking the time to write back to me, but I do not appreciate the negative undertones in your message. I will continue my exante journey, I am no less committed, and I will reach goal. I may have added one week on to my journey today, but I feel better and I no longer feel ill, so if that is what I had to do then I am glad I did it.

Everyones journey is different, all power to everyone who has 100%ed their whole time, but it is the end result that matters.

I wish you every success in your journey

Also I know the reason that I have felt unwell today, I am having a very bad totm, coursework coming out my ears and I missed a pack yesterday. I have felt nothing but healthy since being on exante

Hey Lady
Kudos for choosing the best option for you at the time and good luck for the rest of your journey

Your stats do,indeed, speak for themselves ;)

xxx

Rock on Racheal............I read your posts with admiration and I know how dedicated you are to reach your end goal and we are all here to support one another not to judge or patronise. xx

Last edited:
I would probably look at giving up Exante and exploring an alternative diet where you can eat on a daily basis. SlimFast would be a good option.

The Exante diet itself is simple in that you can only stick to the Exante shakes, soups or bars. You have 3 or 4 a day. That's it. Adding in stuff, whatever it is, Oxo Cubes, Pork scratchings, whatever, is going to add calories and you will no longer be doing a VLCD. It will slow down (and possible reverse) the fat burning process which will lead to less/no weight being lost, resulting in you swiftly getting impatient and dropping it altogether.

If you don't have the willpower to stick with these rules, fair enough, I'm not attacking you, but you can't "mix and match" and add things in whenever you feel like it. If, as you say, you're feeling very ill on the diet, then you don't need to see a GP in order to establish that you probably should come off it anyway and go get some medical advice before exploring new avenues. However, the diet does come with some 'symptoms' that do seem to disappear given time. Hunger, is, of course, one.

Obviously pork scratchings are a terrible thing to eat, regardless. C'mon! They're full of fat, have hardly any nutritional value whatsoever, and, more to the point, would surely do little in the way of filling you up even if you were starving hungry in the first place (unless you ate absolutley loads and the amount you would need to eat on order to feel significantly fuller would be calorie/fat city). I doubt Oxo Cubes provide exactly a wealth of nutritional value either.

I don't deny that Exante is somewhat challenging at times. I'm into my third week and have had some tough days. However, I have stuck with it 100% and have just had my second month's supply arrive. Although it's hard, there IS a payoff - I've already had well over a stone and a half disappear. But then, I've done exactly what has been requested of me. If this is too hard, please go and look at other diets. They may not be as rewarding quite so quickly, but you may find them easier to cope with.

Whats up Glyn? TOTM? lol.

Give the girl a break, she is just being honest about what she is trying to deal with, and good on her for doing so.

You can 'mix & match' with exante, if thats what floats your boat, you can do whatever you like with it quite honestly. If she were doing Atkins and having cakes and sandwiches, then you might have a point, but this is a 600 calorie a day meal plan, she could still add in 400 cals a day of anything else and still lose weight.

There is nothing magic about exante, its just a convenient way of reducing calories whilst maintaining nutrition. Of course, if you stick to just the 3 packs a day, and keep 100% to the rules then you are gonna get the best results, but we are not robots and circumstances change day by day. The fact it puts you into ketosis is a bonus.

I personally wouldnt choose pork scratchings, but its not like jools ate 10 packets of them, and she is right that they wont take her out of ketosis. She is doing great given her circumstances, and i have a lot of admiration for her honesty in how she is coping on a day to day basis.

behave glyn on this forum you need to practice showing some empathy lol.
especially totm i should know. i dont think men will ever understand my oh certainly doesnt.

Bit harsh there I think Glyn. Racheal is doing really well. Personally I dont see the harm in a cup or 3 of bullion drink if its going to help keep you on track. Calorie wise, well its barely worth mentioning.

In an ideal world, yes, we'd all stick to this 100% but then in an ideal world we wouldnt need such a severe diet. Hats off to those who do it 100% every single solitary day, but for those of us who do sometimes struggle at times, its better making a sensible choice thatll keep us in ketosis and not affect our weight loss. On several occasions Ive had a bit of chicken or salmon and its been the best thing for me. Better that than totally cracking and having a take away or a sandwich.

We all have good and bad days on this diet but we carry on.

I agree with all of the above. I empathise with Racheal as I have been having a bad time since I came back from my holiday. I have not gone completely off track but I have certainly not been 100% until yesterday when it all seemed to come together again. That is the beauty of this diet.............if you don't feel able to be 100% all of the time, as long as you don't stuff your face stupid you can still loose weight. Of course anyone with an ounce of common sense will know that being 100% is the best and quickest way to achieve our goals but life is unpredictable and we just do the best we can. xx

thats right and il go for days being 100% but then some days i just can not do it. i do blame the hormones.lol

oh dear

Hi I know you got banned from the site once before but have you re read your posts to this lady? - it would be a boring world if we were all the same and what works for one person may not work for another - this is such a supportive site normally! I have previously found your posts amusing sadly you appear to have deteriorated to name calling in a derisory manner - advice and support is one thing but I am shocked by the tone and sanctimonious nature of your recent posts - I am sure Rachel will get where she wants to be in a way that works for her - good luck to you girl - and ignore people like this

Glyn Oxo cube was part of the thread title. Rachael has her name clearly displayed in her signature or why not call her jools. Calling her Oxo Cube is just plain rude.

Lots of people feel less than 100% on this diet at times. Just because shes having a bad day doesnt mean she should be looking at other diets.

This site is called a Weight Loss SUPPORT forum.... support being the key element

It wasn't just oxo cube girl though, in the second post you referred to Rachael as pork scratching girl....it comes across as Rude.

right make up time apology time and glyn start behaving.lol

If I may just be slightly annoying for a moment - you're all moaning at Glyn for not getting Racheal's name right, but you're all calling her Rachael. She spells it with the a and e the other way round, according to her signature. [Inge ducks before she gets thwacked]

If I may just be slightly annoying for a moment - you're all moaning at Glyn for not getting Racheal's name right, but you're all calling her Rachael. She spells it with the a and e the other way round, according to her signature. [Inge ducks before she gets thwacked]

Personally I dont think slightly mis spelling a name is even any where near as rude as disregarding the fact she has a name and calling her 'Oxo cube' or 'Pork scratching girl' I dont think theyre even comparible and I bet she doesnt take offence at an ACCIDENTAL misspelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back