Cruise PV Oxo cubes

Emskylou

Hello! Can we have oxo cubes?! I love having oxo in cup with a bit of pepper and today I'm really craving one but don't want to mess my first pv day up :)

Hello! Can we have oxo cubes?! I love having oxo in cup with a bit of pepper and today I'm really craving one but don't want to mess my first pv day up :)

Not really and especially not like that. Oxo reduced salt cubes can be used occassionally in cooking to flavour foods but to just drink it out of a cup, no. They are way too salty and may stall your weight loss.

Just to be contrary, I used them, they didn't stall me (the salt may cause temporary water retention) and in fact if I go low salt I get ill as do some others on here. But that said, I do a lot of exercise so need to be very careful to get my electrolytes, sadly Dukan assumes the majority of people are sedentary. I have always exercised but reached a stage in my life where my carb sensitivity went mad.....anyway, that's just pointless waffle.........

I have occasionally used half a cube when flavouring meat and I know my mum has too. Its not a daily or even weekly thing, but if you have extra water and maybe weigh the next day to make sure it didn't harm your weight you'll know if you are ok,

Thank you :)

I think it's not a problem if occasional ie like once a week. Salt content may pose a problem if more frequent.

Back