OzzieMoz's Upside Down Diary!

Despite having a food crisis in the house, I managed to more or less stick to plan yesterday. Considering I'm doing EE, I probably didn't actually have enough fruit/veggies to technically have been good but I did my best! Today I weigh 0.0lb - which I feel is a remarkable weightloss of 182lb-ish in one day! I think I may however now be underweight! or my scales have broken :eek: They've been on the blink for a while now, it's not the battery, I just think they're kaput! I'm dreading getting new ones though, in case they weigh me heavier! but then again, they might weigh me lighter. I can but hope!

It's a grey rainy morning. Youngun is off in an hour or so for her play day which she doesn't really want to go on now, but it's a bit rude to cancel, as my mum always used to say to me "you'll enjoy it when you get there" which almost invariably turned out not to be true! ... but then again that was usually about going to Brownies. I was an Imp incidentally, I always wanted to be an Elf ... hmmm can I blame my weight on my troubled early years as an Imp?!? ;) :D Probably not!

I've lost my train of thought now. Oh yes, shopping! Still no money, so unlikely to get any christmas shopping done today. Horror of horrors that means I have no excuse not to do some housework! Hmmm if I were an Elf I wouldn't have to do housework.... ahhhhh the sad life of the Imp! Oh woe! :cry:

On the plus side, and I am indeed a plus size, I have no food to snack on so no being naughty! :D

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Ozzie well done on your magnificent weight loss! Have you ever thought about becoming a consultant? :D

:p @ Sorus - if it meant having Slimming World over here, then I would seriously think about becoming a consultant, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Besides, I only want one little group for me to go to, and I don't want to be my own Consultant, I might get a bit lippy with myself! :D

I'm a bit disappointed this morning as I had a sts - I'm still weighing in at 0.0lb - I had hoped for a loss, or a gain ... actually I had hoped for a gain, so it would save me buying new scales! It would seem that my albeit small weightloss proved too much of a shock or strain for the poor old dear. It's probably no bad thing them going for a few days as it might break the cycle of my sneaky mid-week peeks at the scales, but I need to replace them by Sunday morning for my WI.

I totally wasted my childless day yesterday. It was bucketing with rain for most of it and I just didn't feel like doing anything. Ooooh having said that I did make some rather bizarre tuna and sweetcorn fritter things, which totally came out nothing like they were meant to but tasted lovely. The pre-cooking mixture was much sloppier than I think it was meant to be - I nearly chucked it out, but decided to cook them anyway. I felt like Doris the school-cook slopping servings onto the oven tray, but they tasted nice. Won't be making them again though, but am determined to vary what I eat more, as although I'm being as good as the proverbial gold, I think variety is what has been lacking and may be what is causing a problem.

Today, I am going to get my hair done. We have a work do, at my husband's work on Saturday evening. I generally get my hair cut and dyed (to cover the grey!) every so often, but was going to leave it til after Xmas but OH has said he'll pay - so yayyy, I can get it done now! Daughter is having her hair trimmed too, it's really long, down below her bum now!

I have leftovers for both lunch and dinner today, so I don't have to cook - I love my microwave at times! :D

Anyway, I better shurrup for now - time to wake OH and stepson for work. Will be back later to read diaries. :D

Ozzie - hope your hair looks gorgeous!

After several days of staying the same, I have a slight suspicion that my scales reading 0.0 may not be true. I don't think I can cope any longer without knowing what's happening weightwise, I feel lost and bewildered! I need them for Sunday morning anyway, so today's mission should I choose to focus will be to go and get some new scales. Still worried that they will weigh me heavier than the old ones and I don't want to have a phantom weight gain. If I put on weight because I've been a little devil then fair enough I'll wear that, but phantom gains - pah I say! pah!

I should weigh less anyway, as I had my hair cut and coloured yesterday. All the grey that was weighing me down is gone! Did you know that grey hair is very heavy? It is you know, stands to reason, battleships are grey and they're very heavy! Psssst - no-one is allowed to disagree with my logic, or I'll snivel :p

On the subject of my hair, it looks beautiful, all shiney dark and lovely! Made my husband choke on his coffee this morning just before I took him to work, I realised I hadn't brushed my hair, but said to him "when you look this gorgeous, you don't need to brush your hair!" - I never flatter myself so I don't think he could believe what he was hearing :rotflmao:

I had a green day yesterday - it was lovely. First one I've had in ages! Leftover beany risotto thingo for lunch and then pasta and pesto for dinner. Even though the pesto looks quite disgusting, my daughter has suddenly got quite adventurous about trying new things and she asked for a taste and promptly ate a third of my dinner! That was a real boost to the spirits knowing that she will give food a go even if it doesn't looks so great!

Other than my scales mission, today is probably just going to be a food shopping day and general random pottering. Oh I just made myself laugh, I now have an imaginary figure in my head, snap to attention here is General Random Pottering "at ease men!". Who would want to live in my head eh?!?!

Foodwise, I have no plan. I'm going to be good though. It will probably be an ExtraEasy day. I will just see where the day goes at lunch time and let that dictate what happens this evening, probably not the best way to deal with things, but I can't focus beyond realising that I forgot to finish making my cup of tea 15 minutes ago when I sat down to write this! It doesn't take me 15 minutes to write this, I just have the attention span of a half-witted gnat and keep getting side-tracked!

Anyway, I'm off to make my cuppa and then sit back and read diaries. You all keep me motivated - the good, the bad and the ugly! Not that I'm in anyway shape or form implying that anyone here is ugly! We're all gorgeous! *flicks and swishes new hairdo* :p

Well today if I weighed myself, I think I will have put on weight and no longer be 0.0lb as I bought new scales ready for tomorrow mornings weigh-in. My husband weighed himself and is the same weight he always is so I think they are consistent with the other scales, which is obviously what I wanted. If I "gained" weight because of the new scales that would be disheartening, and I don't want to "lose" weight because of them either, I want each pound to be a genuine loss. This week I feel I should have a good loss - the last three weeks despite being as good as gold, I've had a put on a couple of pounds, a sts and a lose half pound or something like that anyway, so I was beginning to feel as if I wasn't doing things right, even though I'm sure I am! 2 reasons why I think I should lose, one is that after 3 weeks I deserve it and secondly a couple of people have noticed that I'm losing weight, so surely there must be more gone than 7.5lb. Anyway, tomorrow will tell the story...

Unfortunately, tonight I have my one and only Christmas function! However, at least me really psychologically needing a weightloss this week means I will be very focussed on behaving myself! That's plan A anyway! ;) It's a BBQ (typical aussie!) so hopefully there should be healthy options to stay on track! I'm planning to have something to eat before I go out so I'm not starving and at least if it is all naughty I should be able to avoid eating without causing offence or anyone noticing.

I'm doing the stereotypical woman thing and claiming "I have nothing to wear" - but it's true, I really don't! Because I'm not working yet here I live my life in scruffies, very casual and didn't bring over any of my going out clothes yet, mind you, they probably wouldn't fit me now anyway, a lump of poundage to go first before that happens! Going to have to do a dash to the shops this morning to see if I can find anything, no idea how formal the do is, I would think it would be very casual apart from the fact that the place where it's being held is quite swanky! Ahhh well, what will be will be!

Must have been sleeping funny in the night as my lower back is killing me, it's not helped by the fact that we know we need a new mattress! Hoping I can just walk it off over the course of this morning!

Beautiful day out there at the moment. Having been born and brought up on the outskirts of London, to be able to look out my window and see green mountains is wonderful and never ceases to bring a smile to my face! Having said that, my daughter and I really want to be back in England playing with snow! That always was my view that snow is great as long as you don't have to go out in it and merely do when you choose to, great in the back garden, but horrible on the pavements and roads! Hope everyone is keeping warm and safe!

I'm going to make myself another cuppa and read some diaries!

Just did my weigh-in and I've lost 2.5lbs! A bit of that might be the change in scales but most of it I'm sure is my reward for being good the last few weeks and not getting down-hearted and giving up! My husband's weight was the same on both sets of scales so as I said yesterday, they do seem to be consistent and true weight! Yayyyyy - 2.5lbs, that means 10lbs gone!

Just as well really, as I couldn't have felt worse about myself than I did yesterday when I was out trying to find something for my OH's works do. The ladies in the shop were doing a Trinny and Susannah on me, they were really good, but a few things I tried on, :eek: I have never felt more lumpy and wobbly and I know I'm not all that big, but I felt awful. Found something in the end that looked good and the top at least is weight-loss compliant so should last me for ages, the trousers should last a while, but I'm hoping they get too loose quickly, I'm just going to wear them lots to get the use of them!

The "do" itself was ok, which was better than last years which was dire! Trouble is the company didn't make itself clear about dress-code or what the evening was all about! They just said it was a BBQ. Luckily we weren't too overdressed, but were definitely amongst the smartest there, it was really a bit of a pool party. At first we were sitting around feeling a bit hmmm, hope Santa comes soon for the kids so we can go home, but then we found a mini-golf course and headed off to play and had an absolute hoot! 7 yo daughter on her first ever game scored a hole in one on the second hole! Eventually we got back to where the main party was only to find Santa standing around twiddling his thumbs with his last remaining present for my girly! :eek: - he managed to be all ho-ho-ho and fine in spite of the fact he must have been roasting in his Santa suit as it was a very warm evening!

Foodwise, I thought I could be good as it was a BBQ, but I'm not a huge meat eater, and the steaks were mahoosive! They had chicken kebabs, but they had been drowned in buttery sauce stuff and I just couldn't face those, so ended up with salad, a little jacket potato, a sausage and bit of potato salad. Not terribly exciting, but not as bad as I could have been!

Hope everyone is doing well - I'm going to do my usual thing now, cup of tea and diaries! :D

I write too much.

All good with the plan, didn't eat enough yesterday. I need to watch that at the weekends, the more people there are at home, the less likely I am too bother doing lunch for myself. No idea why not.

Hope everyone is well and happy :)

Hi OzziMoz! It's good to see another one on here.

Did you do SW in the UK? As I haven't seen it in Oz.

Bren
X

Hello there :D

I did SW about 10 years ago or so in England. They don't do it over here unfortunately! I'm registered on the online version just for the discipline really, if I've paid money then I'm going to get the benefit of it! That's Plan A anyway! ;)

Are you originally from the UK?

EDIT: Oooh I see now that you are on WW which is of course global! I tried that years ago, but the points started taking over my life, I became an obsessive counter and it used to do my head in!!

Counting calories did my head in as there are more to count, if you know what I mean, 22pts is easier to tracker rather than 1200 cals. No I stumbled upon this site 2 years ago when I moved from Perth to Melbourne and wanted to loose some weight. Long story short I tired very restrictive diets and my head was not in the right place and I am back at the beginning. Alot of people on here we doing WW and I finally got my head in the right mode to do this. Although the 4 weeks I have been on it have fluctuated. But it is Xmas and I chose to start it at this crazy time!?? No point in putting it off until the NY for me.

I'm a teacher and plan to loose about 4.5 kilos before school starts back on the 1st of Feb.

My hubby is English and we have travelled back and visited that's all.

Bren
X

Good luck with the weight loss then Bren! I enjoyed the WW plan and it did work for me in years gone by, I'm a serial dieter! I lose weight, maintain for a year and then put it on, then lose... etc etc.. Not this time though, this time I'm determined!

So you did the opposite to me then I married an aussie, so you both got an import!

I started this in October, I did wonder about leaving it til New Year, but like yourself thought the sooner I get started the better!

Do you have a diary over in WW? I'll have to look out for it if you do - us aussies (well I'm nearly an aussie, a couple more years til I can get citizenship) must stick together! :D

Hiya Ozzie. Well done on your 2.5lbs!! My weigh day is tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it cos I haven't been very good this weekend. :-( It's getting trickier and trickier to stay on track as we get near to Christmas.

Glad your do was ok. Mine wasn't bad but for some reason I felt nauseous and had to leave early. So unlike me! Stopped me drinking loads though I guess....

I ant even remember where my diary is, if you click on my name and find other posts you will see it.

Well done on the 10lb loss. I have lost only 3.5lbs in 4 weeks but still I am sticking with it. Tough time really to be dieting but every little bit lost now means less in the New Year. I would like to reach my goal weight by the end of March. I feel that hopefully 2010 will be our year!

Bren
X

Thanks Sorus :D Fingers crossed for a good weigh in result for you in spite of your stepping off the path of virtue :p :D

I'm fed up. Missing home, missing family, missing Bisto gravy powder, missing snow. There is always a price to pay for everything and the price of me moving over here to be with the man I love is leaving people I love, places I love and of course Bisto gravy powder. Not to mention (again, because I always mention it) quorn and muller light :doh: I just mentioned them again! :p

I think it was buying bits and pieces yesterday for my daughter's Xmas stocking. Every family has it's own traditions and I sort of found myself gathering bits to make her the sort of stocking my parents used to give my brothers and myself to keep us quiet til a more civilised hour to wake them up. I think that has got me wistful, missing my parents who both passed away not long before I came out here, and missing my brothers, nephews, nieces, elderly aunts/uncles who I may never see again etc. Meh! I need a kick up the bum! ... and a mince pie, it's not even 6am and I'm wanting a mincey pie! Don't have any in the house though, so no danger of me misbehaving!

Got a busy day ahead, food shopping to do or we'll starve over Christmas plus some more presents to buy. Going to do my damnedest to get it all finished today, so I can relax a bit and stop worrying. Also, my stepson's gf is coming to stay for a few days, the house looks less than pristine, but my view is that if he's not prepared to help out with tidying etc, then I'm not going to go out of my way. I have put my foot down! - very unlike me! Grrrr I'm fierce!

Going to do my best to stick to plan today, not sure whether it will be Green/Red/EE or sky-blue-scarlet day will let lunch decide and that will depend on where I am and what I'm doing! Not perhaps the best planning I've ever done, but it's as good as it gets today!

Grrr!

On a more :D note, having :mad:'d here I'll be back to my usual cheery self shortly, hopefully before anyone else gets up! Although having said that, husband is already at work, hence me having been up at just after 4am - Tuesdays are horrible, but at least it's just once a week!

Anyway, hope everyone is getting into sparkly, twinkly, glittery Christmas mood and that all preparations are well under way! :D Time for tea and a read!

PS I meant to write less, I write way too much! NY resolution. Be succinct.

I ant even remember where my diary is, if you click on my name and find other posts you will see it.

Well done on the 10lb loss. I have lost only 3.5lbs in 4 weeks but still I am sticking with it. Tough time really to be dieting but every little bit lost now means less in the New Year. I would like to reach my goal weight by the end of March. I feel that hopefully 2010 will be our year!

Bren
X

I think at my current slow weight loss it will be August before I get to goal - but I'm not in a rush, slow and steady! I'm averaging just about a pound a week.

Totally agree that 2010 should be our year! We'll make the Southern hemisphere lighter! :D

Oh I know what you mean. I moved from Perth to Melbourne nearly 2 years ago and even though I love Melbourne, and dont really miss the family all that much (probably because I know it's only a 4 hour flight there) it was hard to move and get settled. I thought not but my feeling and my mind did.

Hang in there and try and think about all the opositives you have and know that next year you could fly home for Xmas or invite some rellies to Aus?

I will be away for Xmas but will have minis on my iphone, so I will check on you and see what Santa bought you. I'm off for a walk now.

xx

Oh I love that thought of making Aus lighter!
xx

Morning all :D

Thanks Bren for your kind words - I think I will try to go back to UK for a holiday in a years time subject of course to finance :eek: . Because I know I can't ever go often, I wanted to wait a while before visiting, but by end of next year, it will be 3 years since I was there, so about time I was going back with my daughter. She has a phenomenally good memory for her age, so does remember a lot about where she was from originally, but I'd like her to see a lot of the places again while she is still young to reinforce her memories if you know what I mean. I'm glad she's growing up to be a little aussie but I want her to remember and enjoy her English roots.

I've snapped out of feeling maudlin now, never lasts long - probably ended shortly after i posted yesterday! I didn't actually have time to feel sad as I was running around like a headless chicken all day! Christmas shopping for presents is now completed, well if it isn't then I don't want to know about it as I'm shopped out! :rotflmao:

Today, I just have to do food shopping and taking my daughter to see Santa. Oh and tidy the house for our guest who is arriving late on Christmas Day, actually it's so late it will be Boxing Day, around 1am. I'll be in bed, my stepson and husband can do the airport thing and I'll just meet her in the morning! Got my other stepson (9) who lives with his mum and his little sister over for a sleepover tonight as the parents are going to a Christmas do. Fingers crossed for a peaceful visit!

Managed to stick to plan again yesterday which I thought was quite commendable bearing in mind my mood. Didn't think a mince pie was the answer, or the fountain of all happiness. Still wonder whether it might have the answer to life the universe and everything though.....

I'm starving and have nothing appropriate to eat for breakfast - someone raided the fridge and ate the last yoghurts (pigs!). Just going to live on tea til the shops open!

Time to go wake the lads up! Back later to read diaries! :D

Hi Ozzie

Don't be succinct! I love your diary. Even if I don't always have time to comment I always read it and your entries always make me laugh.

I'm not surprised you had a wobbly couple of days - if I'd moved from the UK I'd be a complete wreck at Christmas. I think you've coped incredibly well by the sound of it.

2010 will be our year. We will be slimmer, even more gorgeous than we are already and you will get a fabulous job.

Back